DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Forsaken

Vassili

I don't see undercover people being included in those Moghedian listed, as i've stated before. Those she listed i reguard to hold authoratative and recognized positions in the shadow. Again for the prestated reasons.

Which is not to say i don't see undercover people being given that power, but again i've stated that before too.

That you do not see it is not exactly any kind of evidence. And rather ignorant of Moghediens particular skills.

Um, no, it would make them members of that general staff--of which we know there were others than the thirteen anyway. Some of which died along the way, and some of which simply weren't present at the sealing of the bore.

That would be the point im making really. To gain access to the true power you have to be a part of this 'general staff'. With the posible exceptions of those using the True Power for undercover purposes which I think to be seperate and not included in Moghedian's comments for the reasons previously stated.

Ok, lets assume that, since it is one of several possibilities. That would make them key leaders because they are members of the General Staff, not because they are allowed access to TP. TP is just a nice shiny bonus for being extra loyal, like the blingbling modern armies are so fond of, only a tad more useful. Ie, you need to reach a certain rank before you can even be considered a candidate for TP, then you must ask for it, and based on to us unknown parameters the DO may grant or deny your request. Quite similar to how it works in a modern army, which RJ did know a thing or two about...

It is an important distinction to make, because limiting the possibility by simply saying "TP users were "key leaders" does bring implications of other possibilities than the above.

Still, it is importance to admit that we are talking about possibilities here, not facts, because there are no evidence that backs this up.

And that pretty much sums everything up, now I am going to go back and continue being sick. Bleh.

That you do not see it is not exactly any kind of evidence. And rather ignorant of Moghediens particular skills.

How so? Why would the Dark One tell his spy master that he was intending to assasinate someone? Oh, i think he'd get her to gather information, and she might even guess the purpose, but why on earth would she know the specifics.

I think that comment is rather ignoring the Dark One's paranoid and secretive nature. But, if you don't believe it from me, here's it laid out by one of the Forsaken themselves.

If the Great Lord moved her here secretly, might he not be moving Moghedien or Lanfear, or even

Asmodean? Might Shaidar Haran not be sent to deliver covert commands to Graendal or Sammael? Or for that

matter, to Demandred or Mesaana? Their uneasy alliance—if it could be called by so strong a name—had lasted

a long time, but neither would tell her if they received secret orders from the Great Lord, any more than she

would ever let them learn of the orders that had brought her here, or those that had had her send Myrddraal and

Trollocs to the Stone of Tear to battle those sent by Sammael.

[LoC - 6 - Threads of Woven Shadow]

This lays out a clear trait of the Dark One's secretive behaviour.

As a final not, i did not merely say that i did not see Moghedian knowing, therefore she wouldn't. I laid out my logic a reasoning in a prior comment, so if your curious look it up. It's certainly just opinion, and i never said it should be taken as fact, merely that that was my opinion--but i did explain why i held it.

Ok, lets assume that, since it is one of several possibilities. That would make them key leaders because they are members of the General Staff, not because they are allowed access to TP.

Yes, precisely. I said that in the exact same comment your quoting. Here it is. "The gifting of the use of the True Power does not mean automatically becoming a leader of the Forsaken, rather becoming a leader of the forsaken puts you in a position to be given access to the True Power."

Archived