DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Movie]StarGate Continuum

Majsju

Ba'al travels back in time, and stops the Stargate from ever reaching the US, and tus completely rewriting history. SG-1 returns to this version of earth only to find things have radically changed.

When Ba'al leads the other system lords in an attack on a defenceless earth, it is up to SG-1 to step up and save the day...

Not sure what to say, I did enjoy it, though it felt more like an extended telly episode than a movie. The timetravelling theme has been done to death, but they had thrown in a few tidbits that made up for that lack of creativity.

Worth seeing? Definitly. Imo much better than Ark Of Truth.

And now I can say for certain that this movie is not a lead-in to any spinoff. It brought closure to the Goa-uld arch quite nicely.

Available for Pre-Order with Amazon... comes out July 29th.

Personally I am watching this just because it is Stargate and I HAVE to buy it because my collection is incomplete without it... kind of like having Startrek 5 is important even if we all know it doesn't *really* exist. Why? Because they ALREADY explored this theme!!!! I can't remember which season finale ended with the cliffhanger, followed by a season debut of the fix to the problem, but they already had a timetravel episode where SG-1 went back in time, and once there, had to fix everything... And (subtracting commercials) it took 105 minutes, plus or minus twenty seconds or so. That is 6 minutes LONGER to cover the SAME plot as the MOVIE. lol.

Anyways, I am a huge Stargate fan, and both the show and the spinoff ROCK (Atlantis is great if you give it a chance and watch it in order... at least through season 3), but I'll wait to praise this one until I've seen it.

So, that being said... is there gonna be a third? Another spinoff? Yes?

I do want to add real quick...

There ARE some really cool features which I didn't know til watchin the trailor-- Jack is BACK as a main character since he's now just in the airforce (what brought him out of retirement I wonder? Funny how these things always work out), and Teal'c is again a bad guy. Saweeet. It has potential- they haven't done the whole time thing yet where NOW is the alternate timeline, just a few thousand years ago, or just where we are in an altnernate universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived