DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All your butts are belong to me!

reyler

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so into Potter that I'd go see it in theatres versus waiting for the home release. I'm not much for theatres. And book seven was kind of weak anyway, what with trying to milk epicness out of killing off characters I didn't care about.

I enjoyed the end of the 7th book, and I went more because my roommate and 3 of my friends all wanted to go, so I figured what the hell. Then I dropped my wallet in the theatre and had to wait for the absolutely full show to empty so I could go back up and get it, and I was practically dying from the desperate need to use the bathroom... its a good thing I did though, because a friend of mine dropped his cell phone in there too.

My biggest peeve with the story was killing one of the twins. That was just something that wasn't really needed, she very easily could have killed another Weasely, killing Percy would have been perfect, since he'd just made up with his family.

Yeah, but then it would have seemed like she thought he had it coming. If she had killed off Lupin in book 3 when I actually cared about him, it might have affected me, but as it is the only deaths in book 7 that were worth reading were Dobby and Snape.

The point of the Lupin / Tonks deaths were to bring the godfather thing to a full circle. It worked, but was kinda anti-climactic. I don't actually even remember reading about either of them dying. As far as I recall, I only know they were dead because their bodies were found after the fact.