DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Khanrhyd and Vyx Vlyn

Canukistani

Khanrhyd looks down at the warmed form curled up against him. "I saw your daughter's chest your having made. It will certainly attract a husband."

The form uncurls and sits up suddenly. Vyx turns away and reaches for her mask before speaking. The bed silks stick to the still wet pale blue seed that covers her flesh. "What does her chest have to do with attracting a husband? And what man would want to marry her?" Vyx frowns and looks down at Khanrhyd's well muscled body, gleaming with a light sheen of sweat. "I never thought of her attracting a husband. She's just a child after all."

Khanrhyd stood, the light from the full moon shining on his nude back as he slipped a midnight blue silk robe over his shoulders. "A child? Don't be foolish. Your daughter may only be 8 years old, but she's an adult. Her Demonic heritage has seen to that. She will one day find a mate. A Man who will dominate her thoughts and fulfil her needs."

He ran his hands through his hair, shoving the mass of strands out of his face. "She is most likely immortal. I hope she realizes that before attempting to love a Human, or even an Aesyr. They will wither and die long before she leaves the blush of her youth." He cupped one calloused hand under Vyx's chin, tilting her gilded face up. "Like you, she will always seem young."

Vyx stares up into his blue eyes. "I don't understand what you mean about that chest. How would that make a difference?"

Khanrhyd pulls Vyx to her feet and hands her damp cloths. Vyx wipes down her rapidly cooling cadaver. "I will have to speak to my mother about it. Have her talk to Vyctorya about the dangers of loving a mortal. It would be disastrous if she gets with child."

Vyx tosses the cloths into the hamper and walks around to the other side of the bed and into the moonlight. Her pale skin glowing white in the silver light, she bends down to pick up her sea-green silk lace dress. "Perhaps if i get her betrothed to someone of appropriate breeding and influence..."

"Is the chest not a hope chest? A dowry locker? I heard that the custom was common among Human families, a way to make their offspring seem more desirable. Were I you, I would avoid trying to force someone onto her. She is a child of Maarduuk now, and He will see to her."

Khanrhyd turned to watch Vyx as she paced around the perimeter of his bedchamber, the moonlight playing across the silk and her cold pale skin. "Besides, I have great suspicions when you start planning things. All Priests are master manipulators, and feel it is their right to make everyone else do as they wish. They see themselves as being holier and wiser than most people."

Khanrhyd sank into his overstuffed chair, nearly vanishing into the deep shadows of the dark room. His pupils giving away his position with their deep red glow. His eyes never left the form of the Priestess of Krakkuun as she finished clothing herself.

Vyx picked up her cloak and draped it around her shoulders, preparing to leave for her ship. Khanrhyd moved with the speed and grace of a forest cat, coming out of his chair and crossing the room in a fluid motion, clasping the Priestess around her throat and lifting her into the air. He drove her back into the stone wall of his chamber and pressed his chest against her, pinning her in place.

He drank in her scent, sea water and a hint of putrifaction, as he....

-----------

PM me for the last paragraph.

Archived