DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Theory on how to seal the bore

Vassili

1. I have heard before that the Power flows in a circle when its used. First the Power is drawn out of the source like water out of the ocean. It resiseds in the channeler untill it is used. It then exists in the flows as they are woven. After the weave has dissapated, the Power returns to the source.

2. When LTT sealed the Bore, the Power was allowed to "flow" close enough to the DO for him to taint it. If this is true, mixed gender circles ALONE would have not been enough to prevent the taint, but rather both saidin and saidar would have been tainted.

3. Although the Power always returns to the Source, it can be stored by channelers for a time. A Well is one way. The Eye of the World is another.

4. Working together, men and women were able to cleans the taint off the Saidin used in the Eye, however they died doing it.

If all the above is true, an if for sure, then it should be possible to seal the Bore, and then "cleanse" the Power as it returns to the Source, in much the same way the Aes Sedaid did in the AoL. However, that would mean whoever seals the Bore must die to prevent another Taint.

I remember a RJ excerpt where he says Saidar would get tainted as well if women had joined in. However, I can't find it at the time. Any of those savvy enough or have better sources than me (Google) are welcomed to find it.

ur theory makes sense but it is flawed.  ur circle is this, sourse-man-weave-source.  it's impossible to wash a dirty car with dirty water.  the reason (in theory) they were able to cleanse the taint in the eye was because that was a small amount of saidin (which the men who were present supplied) filtered through saidar (which the women who were present supplied), ultimately removing the taint but killing those in the prosess.  the SOURCE, which one can only imagine as massive, started out clean, which MAN channeled into a WEAVE to close the seal and was tainted and returned to the SOURCE, thus contaminating all of saidin, so it would be impossible to remove the taint with the taint.....

I don't think the Bore will be sealed. When the Wheel turns, ages must come where people didn't even know of the DO and where his prison is complete. I am assuming that the Bore needs to be drilled every 'set of ages.' Fel said the same, I think.

I expect a complete reconstruction of the Prison- or anything other than seven little seals. Sealing just like LTT would not be dramatic enough, in my opinion because we already know a lot about that. I think RJ would have thought of a new idea to make the ending thrilling.

My idea anyway. I'm 95% sure that it won't be sealed with seals again.

Right. Because of the cyclical nature of the Wheel of Time universe, the Dark One's prison will unequivocally be restored good as new, for the next Age of Legends to come by and drill into again.

Unless the Dragon ends up somehow breaking the cycle a la Neo and the Matrix, but then it wouldn't be the Wheel of Time universe anymore, would it?

Because Jordan himself wrote the ending thankfully and not Sanderson, I would expect anything. From the prison's re-ealing with seals, to the destruction of the Dark One, to the breaking of the Wheel, or even total reconstruction of universal order. The man was a god in his world and a good one at that.

Archived