DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Rhudien ter'angreal

Does anyone think Rand should of went through the Three Ring Arch ter'angreal in Rhudien, that allows the person that enters to see every possible decision they would make in the future, so Rand would be able to make the right decisions?

Does anyone think Rand should of went though the redstone doorway in Rhudien that led to the Eelfinn?

What three wishes would Rand ask the Eelfinn?

We don't even know men can survive using the rings--alot of women don't. What if Rand had simply not returned?

Well, only Aiel women have entered it that we know of. And many don't survive because they are unable to face the possible futures laid in front of them. I think the sex of the person doesn't matter. Rand is certainly hard enough to face any possible future. But I think it would have been very confusing for him and quite possibly misleading.

He didn't know about the purpose of those ter'angreal. Nobody told him. If someone had, he would likely have gone through.

What would Rand have asked the Eelfinn?

Possibilities:

A weapon or way to win TG

Something to bind the nations to him

Long lives for Elayne/Avi/Min and that no harm should befall them

Of course he could ask for much more, but those would be suitable, no? And of course: He could have asked for all the knowledge of the AoL to be restored to the world.  :)

Possible Wishes:

-Something to teach him the One Power (which would explain the arrival of "Natael")

-Something to cleanse Saidin (the Choedan Kal?)

-Something to evade the Shadow (the ter'angreal that can hide people from Shadowspawn and the DO?)

Rand: Excuse me, dear snakefoxman, could you please tell me how to cleanse saidin?

Aelfinn Guy: But of course, Mr. al'Thor. You need to create a tube of an amount of saidar that can rip apart the world that reaches unimaginable distances but has no length at all, and fuel a much greater amount of saidin into it so that it goes into the city of Shadar Logoth. The taints will resonate and an apocalyptically destructive ball of energy will cleanse saidin. Or destroy the world, for that matter.

Rand: @_@

He might have been told how to do it, but he didn't have anywhere near the means to do it. Not to mention he did not know how to link back then, so the very idea of channeling saidar should have wtf'd him.

true. But he did figure it out eventually.

Also, this whole thread is based on WHEN he should have gone through those ter'angreal. TO the original poster:

1) Should he have entered at the same time when he entered the glass columns

2) or when they camped in Rhuidean after the affair in the Golden Bowl?

WHEN is important. eg. Rand wouldn't have to ask for a teacher if he entered the t'a after the Golden Bowl affair.

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I gave examples of what would be foremost to ask in his mind if he visited at the same time time as Mat. Hopefully he'd be smart enough to settle the price beforehand.

If he already had Asmodean, he might ask for a way to ensure the man's loyalty,  etc. In which case he'd get some version of the male a'dam, probably.

The rings were created during the AOL and I imagine Aes Sedi of both sexes used them so Rand could enter them.  Rand would of returned, he is a strong ta'veren so the Pattern would of demanded that he survive.  Survival is a price when entering the rings.

Firstly, there are ter'angreal directly prescribed to gender--alot of them actually, so that point doesn't hold mustard.

And ta'verenism doesn't work that way. It alters chance--increasing the degree of both good an bad that occurs around him--it doesn't seek to assure his safety, and the pattern certainly would have demanded nothing of the sort.

Well, only Aiel women have entered it that we know of. And many don't survive because they are unable to face the possible futures laid in front of them.

Except we don't know that to be the reason women don't survive.

Archived