DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

More Proof that Rand is the Fisher

OsaroLJ

I know that the idea that Rand is probably the Fisher is old news on this board...but I read something on TDR that help solidified this theory. Located in chapter 37, Egwene has one of her dreams about Rand. After some previous visions, she sees Rand on a board containing black and white squares, fighting those who were trying to control his movements. This view is directly related to Moridin's POV....what do you guys think?

I definitely think there's a connection there. I remember from what descriptions of the game there are, it includes moving pieces around squares. I haven't read the books in a while, and it's time for a re-read. But the question is, what does it signify? The game of Sha'rah isn't ever explained clearly, and there's obviously a reason for the mystery. Moridin's playing at something, but what is he actually up to? I bet it will be something completely unexpected.

Guest Dreadlord

I think it merely signifies the fact that people keep trying to control, manipulate, and influence Rand. Whether its Aes Sedai or Moridin, or someone else, I think it reflects Rands struggle to be in control rather than be a puppet.

An alternate idea is that the Fisher is really Moridin, although Moridin appears to think it's Rand.

"Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late." - From a fragmentary translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon, attributed to Lord Mangore Kiramin, Sword-bard of Aramaelle and Warder to Caraighan Maconar, into what was then called the vulgar tongue (circa 300 AB).

We don't know what precedes or follows that particular couplet.  It may be that both of those lines refer to the same person or it may be that they refer to different people.  The first line would only seem to fit for Rand.  The second, however, may better fit Moridin.  Moridin clearly thinks he is in control, that he "turns the Wheel of Time".  The Fisher is supposed to be the pivotal piece in Sha'rah, and Moridin considers himself the pivotal player in everything that is going on.

Archived