DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle?

price_check

I'd agree that IF they meet Aviendha would probably prevail.

Problem is that Graendal already stated to Sam that if she thought Rand was even looking in her direction she'd pack-up and fall back to her already prepared bolthole.

True, but despite that she isn't a coward. The simple fact that Rand sent his forces to bring in Arad Domon does not indicate that he is aiming at her, or aware of her.  From her point of view she could still achieve much, and there is not sign of direct antaganism towards her--so i don't really see her fleeing. Moghedian, maybe... but Graendal?

My guess is that it plays out through Aviendha's talent to sense ter'angreal... but thats a guess.

Graendal took all of her pets from the highest nobility she could find.  If she leaves some of them behind in her haste to avoid possibly confronting TDR, Avi might be the one to unravel, break through, or overcome the cage of Compulsion they've been trapped into.

I dunno. I doubt it. Aviendha has displayed no talent at healing, and clearly given Verin's comments in aCoS it requires some skill--she herself states that no one rivals her skill in delving, and even she would be hard pressed to detect it.

Ordinary detective type detecting would be all that's needed.

Enter a palace with a bunch of "servants" in skimpy clothing, totally passive, staring at nothing, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that they must be under some kind of spell.

Whether Avi can read a Standing Weave well enough to do anything with it is another matter.

Yeah true--i still have this feel in my mind of Aviendha meeting a kindly old lady--who resonates with ter'angreal like streith, and maybe even angreal, and that leading to the fight....

But your probably right.

Archived