DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Granny was a Wisdom.

GrandpaG

I'm on my fifth re-read.  Last night I read one of my favorite scenes in the series.  Nynaeve, Egwene, and Elayne arrive in Tear hunting for the Black Ajah and they need a place to stay other than an Inn.  Nynaeve spots herbs hanging in a window and strikes up a discussion with the herb woman (don't remember her name).  They sit for a long time testing each other and trading herb secrets.

In the middle of the night, I woke up remembering an episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies" where Granny was dressed up in a white dress with a white apron and a shiny round reflector on her white headband.  She was giving a Beverly Hills MD lessons on how to care for sick people (as I remember it).  Back in the hills she would have probably had duties similar to what Nynaeve had in Emond's Field.

Sometimes when Nynaeve goes into one of her bossy Wisdom fits, I can almost see Granny throwing her weight around the same way.  A 99 pound little old woman grabbing Jethro by the ear and forcing him to take a tablespoon of some nasty tasting stuff!!!

I know...none of this is really important.  Just HAD to share it.  You know how I am. ;)

Love,

Gramps

Archived