DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will wield Saidin at Tarmon Gaidon? Rand or Lews Therin?

RAND AL THOR

Just an idle thought but this might be deadly and dangerous. The last (and only) time LTT stole the power away from Rand almost resulted in Rand's death since LTT was drawing more than he could handle.

Since LTT is determined to die at TG, if he gets hold of saidin at TG, he will surely try to kill himself.

Is this going to happen? Or is all this just nonsense and will Rand go marching forth with the Choden Kal acess key blazing before him (hmmm...a bit overdone there  :D ;D ;))

Advance thanks to everyone who answers.

• 2 months later...

I think it just means that nobody can think of an accurate way to predict based on what the books have given us.

For myself, anything I might offer would be entirely speculation, with no assurance that any part of it would be correct.  Or even useful.

So, I'm content to wait and see what the authors have in store.

I have no evidence but it makes me think of Min's viewing of Rand and the other guy merging.  They can either fight each other for the Power and risk losing the Last Battle.  They can work together, which they are not very good at.  Or they can merge into one that will know everything that they both know and increase their chances of winning by a fair margin.  I know which I would pick although I don't know how to do it.  Semirhage says Graendal knew how, although it didn't always work.  Not sure I'd trust their advice, but given the situation, I would probably listen to it.

Merging is the only way that I can see and there is the viewing.  So I guess my answer is that they both will?  Or neither?  ???

Guest Dreadlord

I would love it if when Rand and Moridin finally meet again Rand will learn he is Ishamael, Lews Therin lunges for Saidin. Rand and Lews Therin struggle to grasp it, and Moridin uses that moment to block them both from the Source and seriously wipes the floor with Rands face. I would love to see that.

I would love it if when Rand and Moridin finally meet again Rand will learn he is Ishamael, Lews Therin lunges for Saidin. Rand and Lews Therin struggle to grasp it, and Moridin uses that moment to block them both from the Source and seriously wipes the floor with Rands face. I would love to see that.

Interesting thought.  I'd venture to say, however, that if Morridin isnt holding saidin/true source it might prove a bit of a challenge for him.  Since the whole connection between Rand and Morridin seems to suggest that when Rand feels the sickness, so then does Morridin.  Also, when Morridin seizes saidin and possibly the true source, Rand appears to be affected as well.  The times when he feels the sickness without trying to seize saidin indicate that Morridin may be attempting to seize the source/true source with Rand feeling the adverse effects.

;)

I have no evidence but it makes me think of Min's viewing of Rand and the other guy merging.  They can either fight each other for the Power and risk losing the Last Battle.  They can work together, which they are not very good at.  Or they can merge into one that will know everything that they both know and increase their chances of winning by a fair margin.  I know which I would pick although I don't know how to do it.  Semirhage says Graendal knew how, although it didn't always work.  Not sure I'd trust their advice, but given the situation, I would probably listen to it.

Merging is the only way that I can see and there is the viewing.  So I guess my answer is that they both will?  Or neither?  ???

Apparently the merging will be with Rand and Moridin. And Lews Therin has been trying to convince Rand to listen to his advice so they can win since the battle with the tens of thousands of trollocs.

Archived