DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any Cliff Notes Versions of TWOT Books?

HighWiredSith

I was just wondering if there's some kind of overview of the WOT books somewhere?  I read a great many books and have been reading the WOT novels off an on, about two a year.  I completed The Shadow Rises at the end of last summer and only this week picked up The Fires of Heaven.  I am realizing that I need to simply forsake all other books and just complete the WOT series in one run because I find myself considerably lost every time I begin a new book.  I find the number of characters somewhat overwhelming, especially when you consider that almost all of them are vitally important to the story line.  Between the Aiel, the foresaken, the Aes Sedai, The Children of the Light, Two Rivers Folk, Tinkers, etc, etc, etc I am lost.  I find the glossary at the end of each book a necessity but not entirely helpful.  If I could find a brief overview of each of the first four novel without spoiling anything after, that would be awesome.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, I guess someone could give you a pretty good overview of the WoT series, but to be honest in order to truly value the books, you do need to read them all in sequence, one after the other. There ARE a lot of characters, which is what makes it such a rich story, and there are many many subplots which, unfortunately do not make for a conducive overview - it is almost guaranteed that something will be missed, which will cause you confusion if / when you pick up the next book.

How detailed an overview did you want?

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

This could be what you're looking for.

I completely agree. In that website, you can read a quick overview of each and every chapter of every book of the series. You can also look up and find information on just about any and all of the characers, cultures, nations, prophecies, etc, etc, and etc in the Wheel of Time books.

• 2 weeks later...

... as long as you don't mind a 'couple' of 'minor' gaffes, and a book that's clearly written for someone around book 5.

However, in his blog, rj often wrote Harriet (his widow) was writing a new encyclopaedia with about everything in jordans notes, that was not in the books. THAT could be an interesting companion.

Archived