DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lews Therin Telamon killed Asmodean

Evad Bel-Burg

I see. So she wants Rand dead, and yet kills Asmo. That makes sense. And she was incarcerated by the Finns at this point in time, not to mention probably severed, and how the hell could she even get into the palace? The harder you look at Lanfear, the less sense she makes as a candidate.

Maybe she wanted to get Asmodean done with, then went after Rand, and couldn't get a clear opportunity. Where exactly does it say when Lanfear was released? Maybe she was not incarcerated by the Finns at that point in time. How the hell could she get into the palace; how the hell could she get into the White Tower?

Oh well, just an offhand theory - I haven't spent as much time debating these things as you all have.

Disclaimer: Mr Ares does not endorse the ramming of cars through shop windows.
No, he prefers to express his disdain for the retail industry with a bazooka.
You make one mistake and people never let you live it down....

I see. So she wants Rand dead, and yet kills Asmo. That makes sense. And she was incarcerated by the Finns at this point in time, not to mention probably severed, and how the hell could she even get into the palace? The harder you look at Lanfear, the less sense she makes as a candidate.
Maybe she wanted to get Asmodean done with, then went after Rand, and couldn't get a clear opportunity. Where exactly does it say when Lanfear was released? Maybe she was not incarcerated by the Finns at that point in time. How the hell could she get into the palace; how the hell could she get into the White Tower?

Oh well, just an offhand theory - I haven't spent as much time debating these things as you all have.

Lanfear was released, so far as we know, only upon her death. She was a prisoner, also so far as we know, shortly after her arrival in Finnland, with no time for unscheduled stop offs in Caemlyn. Lanfear could Travel into the White Tower, or walk in under a Mask of Mirrors, and so on. She couldn't do that after the burning out she suffered after going through the exploding doorway (this is the best theory we have, given the evidence). The Finns have displayed no power to teleport people into Randland, so if she was there, how did she get back?

Lanfear was released, so far as we know, only upon her death...no time for unscheduled stop offs in Caemlyn. Lanfear could Travel into the White Tower, or walk in under a Mask of Mirrors, and so on. She couldn't do that after the burning out she suffered after going through the exploding doorway ...

You say that she was released upon her death, but again, when? Did she die months after going through the doorway, weeks, days, or hours? She could have been reborn into another body a day after going through the doorway, been transported back to 'Randland', and traveled immediatly to the Palace. Could have been set down IN the palace, which would negate the need to travel/Travel there.

Maybe, instead of not seeing a good opportunity to kill Rand with her reduced powers, she was yanked to Shayol Ghul right after killing Asmodean. Maybe Asmodean opened the door to the wine closet (or whatever it was) just as the Finns set her down there, and the dark one grabbed her right after she killed him.

Maybe Bela carried her through time to do it at the dark one's bidding. Maybe Papa Smurf killed Asmodean. I don't know, and you don't know. I just think Lanfear is most likely, you think she's not at all likely.

None of the other candidates strike me as right, that's all. I don't recall reading who you think did it, did you post your theory (link me if so, please)?

Guest Dreadlord

If Lanfear went straight to kill Asmo after being reincarnated as Cyndane, which  dont think is possible anyway, Asmodean wouldnt have known who she was, so the "You? Nooooooooooooo!" would have been abit odd.

I have given up on guessing, Brandon Sanderson said he and Harriet have found a place where they can tell us who did it in AMoL so Im just guna wait

Guest adamld

I thought everyone knew it was Graendal?

It's revealed in one of her PoV's either the one with Sammael or the one with Semirhage / Mesaana.

Graendal is the only one that thought of him as 'dead' when everyone else just thought he was missing.

I thought everyone knew it was Graendal?

It's revealed in one of her PoV's either the one with Sammael or the one with Semirhage / Mesaana.

Graendal is the only one that thought of him as 'dead' when everyone else just thought he was missing.

Hardly proof positive. Merely another clue in the mystery.

Lanfear was released, so far as we know, only upon her death...no time for unscheduled stop offs in Caemlyn. Lanfear could Travel into the White Tower, or walk in under a Mask of Mirrors, and so on. She couldn't do that after the burning out she suffered after going through the exploding doorway ...
You say that she was released upon her death, but again, when? Did she die months after going through the doorway, weeks, days, or hours? She could have been reborn into another body a day after going through the doorway, been transported back to 'Randland', and traveled immediatly to the Palace. Could have been set down IN the palace, which would negate the need to travel/Travel there.

Maybe, instead of not seeing a good opportunity to kill Rand with her reduced powers, she was yanked to Shayol Ghul right after killing Asmodean. Maybe Asmodean opened the door to the wine closet (or whatever it was) just as the Finns set her down there, and the dark one grabbed her right after she killed him.

Maybe Bela carried her through time to do it at the dark one's bidding. Maybe Papa Smurf killed Asmodean. I don't know, and you don't know. I just think Lanfear is most likely, you think she's not at all likely.

None of the other candidates strike me as right, that's all. I don't recall reading who you think did it, did you post your theory (link me if so, please)?

I see in the other Asmo thread that Luckers has already been doing some debating (damn that knowledgeable bastard), so I shall be brief. I support Graendal, I have done for a while, I never supported any other candidate and I think she is overwhelmingly the most likely. None of us know the answer, we merely use the evidence we have, which indicates Graendal more so than it does anyone else. I think jokes about a particular horse have been well and truly worn out, and a trip to the glue factory would be the kindest thing for them. And the timeline we have is Lanfear goes through Doorway and is Severed, she is held, she dies, she is brought back as Cyndane, she is Healed, she is mindtrapped. No opportunity for her to go to Caemlyn. She couldn't get there until she was Healed, which almost certainly didn't happen until after her escape, and her "escape" most likely came around as a result of her dying and being given a new body by Shai'tan - at which point she was in His power and was likely mindtrapped before she had time to run off and kill anyone. And Asmo wouldn't recognize Cyndane, so we need to assume she would go for a wholly superfluous MoM for no apparent reason, and would go for Asmo rather than Rand.

The only thing i can think to add to Mr Ares' description is to emphasise the fact that she herself states that she was held for a time by the Finns. That may not mean months, but it almost certainly must cover the few hours between when she fell through the door and when Asmodean died.

Archived