DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Little Story (Please respond!)

Theana Treewatcher watched the sky, deep in the forest outside her home in the nation of Seyan Eia. She was from the small village of Karina, just outside of the walls of the great forest city of Karinost. She sighed, she wished that the Seyani way of life was more...interesting than what is was like. All she did was stay in the forest, and rarely ever got to enter the city. She only knew that Karinost was one of the most beautiful cities in the world, only Shandi Lean and Deni Lenor could ever compare, not even the city of Seyan Eia, the namesake of the nation.

She walked into the little village, and realized that something was wrong. She noticed that nobody was in the streets. She decided to check the Flame of Seya, the only inn in the village. She went inside, and found nothing.

"Oh no! What have I done?" she thought in her head.

She took off running for the city, and slipped through the gates. Her House, the House Treewatcher, was a minor House in Karinost, but not in the rest of Seyan Eia. Her father, Dashin Treewatcher, was the commander of the army in Chinar. She knew that she would have to approach a noble of either the House Riversong, or the House Soilhand, the Houses allied with House Treewatcher.

Karinost's beauty came from the way the city buildings were built. The city flowed with the curves of the hills inside, and the ancient Karinosti groves, tended by the Grovewatchers, made it even more beautiful. The only problem was, that Theana didn't notice the stunning beauty, because her village had gone missing.

She was approaching a palace belonging to Illiara Riversong, High Seat of House Riversong. She sighed, Illiara's father and her father were best friends. She walked up to the front door, and the servants waved her into the entrance hall, which had the engraved sigil of House Riversong, a flowing river with musical notes above it. A maid came up to her and motioned for her to follow her. Before long, she was led into a sitting room, where Illiara was seated.

"Tea, Theana?" she asked.

"Yes, thanks."

"So, why have you decided to pop out of the blue to visit me?"

"Well, Illiara, you see, the entire village of Karina has disappeared. I need to find out where everyone's gone!"

"You're kidding! You have to go to Seyan Eia and tell King Evenid!"

"Illiara, you must listen to me, you have to make sure that the city stays safe. Make sure that the other border villages are secured. I don't want anything to happen to them."

"Theana, I'm coming with you. There's nothing that the King of Seyan Eia can't do. He'll need to be convinced that your plight is real, and my House has been allied with the King's House for centuries."

"Illiara, you can't come! What about the people of Karinost? They need you too!"

"I can find a way around that. I hereby abdicate the High Seat of House Riversong to Dadin Riversong. I do solemnly swear this by the Hand of the Light."

"Illiara! Why?"

"Some things need doing in life. Besides, I've always wanted to go on an adventure!"

Archived