DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"so called aiel"

flippinaces

This whole conversation seems to swing on the henge of wheather or not Taim was useing the word Aiel in the old tounge sence of "Dedicated" and commenting on the deffination of that. Or if he knows about what the Aiel were in the AoL and was makeing a comment about what they were compaired to what they are. as we don't have his POV at that moment we don't know what was going through his mind at the time so the subtext of the comment is as murky as swamp water.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]        starwars1.gif  anim-ring.gif 

Guest Dreadlord

I very much believe that he has been raised Forsaken

UNQUOTE

Ok can we gather evidence for/against this please, this theory has been going around for too long without anything sreal to back it up

Guest Dreadlord

There have been no hints to new Chosen being raised that I can see. I really just think Taim works for Demandred. The reason I think this is because Aran'gar said to Osan'gar "It was your task to watch Al'Thor. Yours and Demandreds." Taim is obviously a darkfriend, and seeing as he can channel theres no way anyone other than a Chosen could give him orders. Demandred was supposed to be watching Rand, and seeing as RJ confirmed that Taim isnt Demandred then I can only think Taim works for Demandred. If this is true, it would explain why Taim knows all the things with the Power that he does, why he uses ter,s such as "so-called Aiel" and why in general he seems to be giving the Black Tower a more hostile and fearsome image than Rand ever would-to make it clash with the White Tower. If Taim was a newly raised Chosen we would know for sure, seeing as weve had what, five books with him in it? A newly raised Chosen wouldnt go unnoticed among the other Chosen-someone else on the Nae'blis waiting list would piss them all off-plus its too big a thing to leave out.

I was more refering to your implication that we have never bothered before to gather evidence on the theory. Not precisely the most polite way of asking people to explain their opinion.

So, would you like us to? Or do you wanna just see if someone gets a little peeved and does it anyway?

Guest Dreadlord

Iv seen you act more impolitely on here Luckers so dont get clever. God people are bitchy on here sometimes

Fair point. You take my meaning though. I mean really did you honestly expect a different reaction to that post. At least have the decency to have made an effort to find out if people have addressed your question yourself before going at it that way.

I mean really, you insult the people you're asking help from, and don't expect them to get grouchy?

So yes, upseting though it may be to you, i stand by my ascerbitism.

Guest Dreadlord

Well wheres the real evidence? An unoccupied throne doesnt mean its Taims. Using the saying "So-called Aiel" means nothing-I have said it myself, does that mean I am forsaken? I expect a better reaction from people who are supposed to know what they are on about, obviously you're not one of them Luckers

Dreadlord, I let my sharp tongue get the better of me so perhaps you missed what i was conveying to you. It is forum policy that politeness is required--you are asking people for their opinions, addressing that question to them in the aggresive manner you used is not permissable.

You wish to know peoples opinions, ask them politely. Don't attempt to antagonise an answer out of them simply because you cannot bare admitting that you cannot understand the idea. It's unacceptable.

So, you want to know why people think Taim has been raised Chosen? Ask it, nicely.

Guest Dreadlord

You let your sharp tongue get the better of you and still try making me out to be in the wrong? I didnt even ask impolitely, all I said was there is no real evidence. Its a waste of time when people keep opening posts on the same subject which is why I said it, anyway Im sick of bickering just leave it

But there is evidence--at least beyond what you suggested, i make no claims that this theory is set in stone, or even especially solide--you just clearly can't see it, and as long as you continue like this no one is going to be much inclined to offer it to you.

But you're right, this is pointless.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but i've just found this prophecy, it is one of the prophecies of Rhuidean (the emphasis is mine);

The Stone that never falls will fall to announce his coming. Of the blood, but not raised by the blood, he will come from Rhuidean at dawn, and tie you together with bonds you cannot break. He will take you back and he will destroy you.

He shall be marked by not one but two dragons on his arms.

Without him not one of the Aiel shall live beyond the Last Battle.

With him, He shall spill out the blood of those who call themselves Aiel as water on sand, and he shall break them as dried twigs, yet a remnant of a remnant shall he save, and they shall live.

Doesnt this sound similar to Taim? I don't know if the capitalisation of Aiel is down to the website or the original way it was written, but depending on that, could vastly change the meaning from 'he will spill the blood of the Aiel', but suggesting the Aiel are not what they used to be, or 'he will spill the blood of those who say they are dedicated to him'...

Could this tie in to Taim's words?

Archived