DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ishamael.

Feral

My question about Seanchan comes from this: do the wetlands prophecies mention the Wolf-king?
That I am aware of, the first usage of the term "wolf king" is by Faile to Perrin in TSR. When Tylee makes mention of the Wolf King, she mentions carrying the hammer in the same breath. Also in TSR (and as I have already mentioned), Verin asks Perrin when he will give up the axe for the hammer. So the Prophecies in the Wetlands almost certainly make mention of the Wolf King - we have good reason to believe they do and not reason to believe they don't.

OK. So circumstantial(though not insignificant) for, but absolutely nothing against. Was that Aes Sedai the only one involved in making the K. Cycle? Every time we've seen Foretelling it has been short and sweet, (please forgive the cliché) so to speak. The impression I've been left with the Prophecies is a large collection of books, an encyclopedia in effect, and I thought several people Foretold.

Well, we know Deindre gave alot of Foretellings at that time, and that following the sealing of the Bore that female Aes Sedai retained some sembalance of government for about forty years. So yeah, I'd say its very possible that the Karatheon Cycle and hers and hers alone. Especially since Verin and Elaida both reference prophecies about Tarmon Gai'don and the Dragon that arn't linked to the Karaetheon Cycle--and Elaida specifically mentions one spoken during the very first days of the Tower, less than 180 years after the Breaking. So my guess is that if they were seperating those ones from the Cycle, then the Cycle is linked by source, not by the material it speaks of.

If the seanchan prophecies were altered, it would have to have been done by ishy or luthair a long time ago. The seanchan royalty seems very superstitious, looking to omens all the time. meddling with a prophecy would seem beyond them.

Lets all take a step back and realize that fortelling and prophecy , especially in WOT is very subjective. Sometimes what you think you read, can mean many many different things. Look at how Elaida has completely misinterpreted her own fortellings. 

Names and titles are not always as they seem, look at elaida's fortelling about the black tower being rent in blood and flame and Sisters walking its grounds. One could make a good case that the Tower of the Ravens in seanchan could be a "black tower" with collared Aes Sedai Damane taken in the first raids at falme. Given that we are told that seanchan is in the midst of civil war...

Every prophecy fulfilled so far has been fulfilled in ways that Aes Sedai and the most learned people of the age never dreamed. I don't see why rand can't kneel to "A" crystal throne, of some kind. Perhaps moridin has hisself a fancy throne sitting in the pit of doom, and rand kneels there in a ruse to get close enough to kill him.

Mate, this is not just a seperate Foretelling, it was supposed to be a part of the Karaetheon Cycle and as such laid down by Deindre during the early year prior to the breaking. Why, if it were such, would it suddenly appear in one mans hands nearly 2,800 years later, and by all appearences directly contradict all other versions.

Elaborate mental twistings aside, the way RJ bracketed it with the mention that ever single other version of the Prophecies differed from this, and the way he had the man speak it show it to be wrong.

I think we are getting a bit off topic at this point folks. I have my own thoughts on Ishy. Perhaps he did change the Seanchan profocies but I think like many of you, that it was simply a change made my Hawkings son(s). Also I am not convinved that Ishy started the black ajah as anyone who was aes sedai and went to the shadow is esentialy a member of the black in my opinion. Perhaps he had a hand in true organization. Maybe he took the first to SG to retract their oaths, I dunno I am not RJ.

Archived