DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New and Old Talents (Intro for Miya)

Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

The shawl around her shoulders were a gentle purple set into an Ebou Dari silk. It settled perfectly around her shoulders and hooked neatly under her arms. There was not a wrinkle in the silk. It was the only piece of cloth that held no wrinkle. The white blouse bunched a little around her waist from holding a book closely to her body as if she had sat in a chair all day and her soft brown skirts folded in such a way that indicated that she had indeed been sitting for long hours without pause. However, the wrinkles were not so obvious that made her look inhibited or sloppy. The spectacles on her nose and the loose bun that sat at the base of her neck held back her masses of rich brown curls gave her a very bookish or scholarly look.

Maegan Ryanne was not of the Brown Ajah, despite her appearances, although she was often mistaken for one. It did not bother her at all. If anything it was a compliment that she was regarded as one of the more knowledgeable women in the Tower. But would surprise most was the sharpness in her eyes and how nothing could escape her notice from her dark Brown eyes. Few knew that it was rarely her eyes that did the watching, but her ears as well. Blind from all but shapes and colour for over 10 - 15 years, Maegan had learned to rely more on her other senses. Even after all these years, she had not changed the time acquired talent.

It was for this reason Maegan chose to have the novice brought to her quarters in the Red Ajah. She heard of the girls talent and although not wishing to become too directly involved with the girl, her desire to set a spark of interest with in her was enough to offer to teach the girl the first steps into the world of Saidar. Perhaps afterwards Maegan would know for sure if this girl could be good enough to haunt in the shadows.

The knock on the door, and a beckon to enter started the day.

"Welcome, Novice Miya. I am Maegan Ryanne Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. You may call me Maegan in private company. Come in and take a seat. There is tea you are welcome to. Do not be nervous, I do not bite often." Maegan smiled warmly, motioning to her tea setting with the soft gold-lined porcelean tea cups and pot she had acquired in Tarabon. Maegan always loved collecting tea pots and cups. If a wall was not lined with books, they were lined with tea pots from all over the world. Some even rumored from the Shara, a land beyond. Only one Maegan was able to confirm as true. One of the perks of trading with the Ogier of Stedding Tsofu.

Maegan Ryanne

Red Sitter

Miya was careful to dip a near perfect curtsey, something Sial had been helping her brush up on in private.  It was far from absolutely without flaw but at least she didn't end up on her bottom 50% of the time anymore.

"Maegan Sedai, thank you for inviting me to join you."  She said as she dipped down and rose back up smoothly.  Looking around she admired the warmth of the room, the lived in feeling, far from the cell-like atmosphere of her and Sial's room.  That place was down right coffin-esque compared to the lovely colors and textures of Maegan Sedai's room.

Having been invited to take tea, she did so, and offered to pour a cut for Maegan.  After the cups had been poured and she was done taking a sip of her own tea she decided to inquire, "How may I be of service to you to day?"   Already she was thinking about getting back to Coal if time allowed this afternoon and the faster she was done helping out the old Red, the sooner she could be about having fun!

Guest Arie Ronshor

Maegan wrinkled her nose at the bitter flavor of the tea. Leaning forward in her chair she proceeded to fill her cup with a very generous scoop of sugar and then a second, speaking as she stirred. 'tink tink tink. . .'

"Please, just 'Maegan' is fine," pushing her spectacles up her nose, Maegan sipped her tea. Added half a scoop more sugar and then leaned back in her chair. "In truth, today it is I that will be helping you, Miya. I will be instructing you of the One Power as you go through your first steps as a Novice. But before we go too far into the lesson," Maegan's eyes twinkled as she smiled warmly. "Tell me a story. Any story you wish."

Story requesting was starting to become a tradition for her. Eqwina of the Yellow and then Lillian as an Accepted and then later after she regained the shawl. Maegan always could accredit the way a mind works by the stories they tell. The way the storyteller brought tone and a sense of language to the story to bring it alive. . . Maegan grew inwardly excited why only calm was the only show on her face. Maegan loved listening to stories.

Maegan Ryanne

Crone XD