DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just when you thought Books to Movies was getting bad... It goes worse.

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

I read recently, that a Dragon Ball Live Action Movie is being made, or going to be made. (IMDB says August 08' release)

Whether or not this is just some Elaborate Rumor, or actually true, Just the Idea is hilarious...

So far, the 'cast members' are the following...

29m.jpg Justin Chatwin - Goku

10m.jpg James Marsters - Piccolo

12m.jpg Chow Yun-Fat  - Master Roshi

10m.jpg Jamie Chung    - Chi-Chi

10m.jpg Eriko Tamura  - Mai

38m.jpg Emmy Rossum - Goku's Future Wife

Now Imagine watching any random episode of Dragon Ball Z (you know, since about 95% of all the episodes, Goku 'powers up' in a way that looks like he is really constipated, combine that with the guy who is expected to play him. And you got something that is fricken hilarious in live action.  ;)

Hopefully it'll bomb, but it'll be worth the cheap laughs...

lol, actually burst out laughing seeing the names. And why do they have to use white actors?!

Well there are 2 or 3 asian guys/gals on the team. But I can't believe that puny girly man would be goku..

But aside from that.

WHY!?

Now, Ruroni Kenshi, that could very easilly make an awesome live action movie.. but this?!

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Wow...James Marsters. I'll watch it just because he's in it...though I was at no time even slightly interested in Dragonball Z.  :P

Wow...James Marsters. I'll watch it just because he's in it...though I was at no time even slightly interested in Dragonball Z.  :P

The movies actually on Dragonball, which happens prior to Dragonball Z. ;)

and when the only compotent anime on american TV is dragonball z, you almost have to watch, at least to kill time from the crappy shows. ;)

Actress Emmy Rossum ("The Phantom of the Opera," "Poseidon") has updated her official blog with details oftraining and filming on the live-action feature film adaptation of anime "Dragon Ball Z" currently shooting in Vancouver.

She says "I'm working with the great Chow Yun Fat and I'm very excited about the role, which is so different than any role I've ever played. I love the character and I'm excited to get to share something so fun with you. In prep for the film I've been training very hard, learning how to fight, fire a gun, weapons training and even some martial arts. It's fun to play such a different character when I am such a pacifist in real life."

Rossum plays Bulma, an inventor/scientist whose father's Dragon Ball is stolen by Piccolo. The James Wong-directed featurealso stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Jaimie Chung and Joon Park. An August 15th 2008 release date is planned.

Archived