DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galatica could be finished.... oh dear...

Emperor

Deadline Hollywood Daily, the single strongest blog so far for reports on the current writer's strike, reports that NBC and Universal have sent out force majeure letters to actors and crew of such TV series as "Battlestar Galactica," "The Office," "30 Rock" and "Bionic Woman" amongst others.

The result is those shows have shut down production and many of those involved in those shows have had their contracts suspended which has understandably upset the Screen Actors Guild and the actors.

One thesp working on 'Galactica' explains that "We are on suspension without pay. We are not terminated. We are on hold to BSG with no pay in perpetuity until the strike is over. When the strike does end Universal/Scifi will then decide whether they want to bring the show back or let us go... We are essentially on hiatus."

Why is this happening? General thought is that studios and networks are purposely waiting for sufficient weeks to pass so they can kill many of the existing deals they have which they don't like by invoking force majeure (essentially ending contracts without any liability).

"Galactica" showrunner Ron Moore revealed on his blog that production on episode 4.13 wrapped the previous night, there's "no certain date to resume shooting. No more scripts exist. My office staff has been laid off. My cast has been suspended, without pay."

Will they come back? "I refuse to believe that we won't finish, that we won't be back to film our final stories, but I know and accept there is that possibility... Galactica's coming back, I frakking promise you that. But I am ready to put the rest of the story on the table and take the risk that I'll never be able to tell it, in support of this strike."

Archived