DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Newbie question on Moiraine's jewel

Jenaiya

Hi! I have a costume party coming up and I have every intention of going as a WoT character. Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a jewel like the one that Moiraine sometimes wears on her forehead? Or can anyone describe this jewel? Or does anyone have any other suggestions of how I can manage a WoT costume without great difficulty? Thanks so much!!

Buy a necklace that looks sort of right and use bobby pins to hold it in place. I have one that was specially made for me, and the jewelry maker used these weird little clips to hold it to my hair. However, I've seen the same look acheived with bobby pins.

The shawl is fairly simple. I made a basic Red shawl a few years ago out of scrap fabric. I had a friend cut red satin fabric in a triangle, and the white tear drop, also satin. I glued it together with fabric glue. I trimmed it with short red fringe from the fabric store. I used a little bit of gold fabric paint to go around the edges of the teardrop, so it wouldn't unravel or look sloppy. I think, including the fabric, I spent about 20-30 dollars on it. I did that because I didn't have time to sew it by hand. This took about ten minutes to assemble all the pieces, but it had to dry over night.

For a dress, any Ren Faire type dress will work. I don't recomend making that yourself unless you are an accomplished seamstress. Try eBay for used, or Museum Replicas online for new. Or, see if a friend can help you make it.

Archived