DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lost and Found {Atten: Shoar}

TaiDashan

D'Ashan idly kicked the mud from his boots on a nearby fencepost as he gazed at the city of Tar Valon in the distance. It's beauty took his breath away. Remembering the rain with a shiver, he shifted his blades and walked on towards the small village's Inn. Traveling from Arafelle, D'Ashan had been practicing with many weapons applying his skill with knives to an array of other weapons hoping to impress someone at Tar Valon. A weapon he had used a fair amount in the past to train, and one he had took a liking to on the road, was the Scimitar. Used with a dagger or even another scimitar, it was quite effective at keeping away most bandits. D'Ashan chuckled at himself when he realized he was not much different from the bandits he was defending himself against. Only their indiscretion when it came to rich or poor, and their wanton violence separated them from himself.

Approaching the Inn he eased his scimitars in their scabbards on his back. You never knew what to expect when entering an Inn for the first time.

Shoar lounged back in his chair, enjoying a lunch of cold mutton and vegetabels with a tall flagon of ale. He had just finished a scouting mission outside of the city for Annais and he had chosen to stop off for a bite to eat. The inn was populated by the rough sort you found in a small village, farmers and their helpers mostly. It was unusually crowded due to the fact today was an honorary day of rest in honor of the Aes Sedai and many people were celebrating the rare chance to relax.

The door had been opening regularly, admitting people in and out as the day wore on. Shoar had half finished his food when the door opened again and a quiet settled over the inn as it does when a stranger walks in. Shoar glanced up, taking note of the swords on the lads back as he walked in. The usual jocularity resumed as the patrons realised the boy wasn't there to start trouble and resumed their fun. Shoar kept an eye on the young one as he ordered from the bar then turned to survey the scene.

Shoar took a swig from his flagon, his mind already processing. "Hmmmm... Young, not completely comfortable with the two swords he's wearing... He's been in a few fights but nothing major. Potential recruit for the Guards coming to try his luck." Shoar chuckled and took another drink.

Suddenly there was a loud BANG as chairs shot backwards. Shoar groaned as two men began wrestling, trying to drag each other to the ground. The barkeeper was shouting at them to stop and Shoar got to his feet, sighing as he made his way to where they were.

Suddenly, one of the men pulled a knife. Cursing, Shoar began shoving his way through as the men began circling each other warily. The young man lazily moved forward, scimitars already being unsheathed and he moved into the circle, a sword pointed at each of the fighters. They froze, eyeing the blades as he said "This is not the behaviour I would expect from two fine upstanding gentleman. I'm sure whatever disagreement you have can be solved without violence."

Time seemed to slow as the man with the knife kicked the young man's sword aside and leaped at him, knife extended. The other picked up a chair and swung it. There was a loud BANG and the room froze. Shoar stood in the middle of all of them, one sword facing the knife-weilder, the knife vibrating in the roof where Shoar had knocked it. The young mans scimitars were caught on Shoar's other blade and the chair smashed to bits on Shoar's foot. He growled "Enough. You two, leave now and go home. If I catch you again it'll be the lockup for you." They defiantly glared at Shoar but withered under his harsh gaze and left the inn without a fuss.

Shoar turned his gaze onto the young man. "You come with me." He flipped a gold coin at the innkeeper as he sheathed his twin blades and followed the young man out. When they were outside Shoar said "While I appreciate bravery is something desired nowadays, next time be careful what you step into. Fights like that break out all the time, they tussle, they wrestle they go home and they sleep it off. What you did was dangerous, not just for yourself but for all the innocents in there who COULD have gotten hurt." He folded his arms and waited for a response.

Shoar Gaidin

D'Ashan entered through the front door of the Inn, and the typical silence fell. He had encountered this many a time in his travels and did not take offense. Smiling at a few people and walking to the bar, they relaxed and the Inn resumed it's life once more. He ordered a mug of mulled wine from the bartender and turned to look the Inn over. Mostly it was farmers and that lot. Locals who did not appreciate someone like him asking a lot of questions. Well he wasn't here to ask questions, just to get out of the rain for the night.

D'Ashan had just taken a sip of his mulled wine and set it down when everything happened at once. He noticed an older, rough but dangerous looking man, looking at him without looking at him. A bang as a chair shot backwards, two men started wrestling, and the bartender started shouting. D'Ashan was interested in why the man was curious about him but had no time to think on it further. The two men shot apart and one pulled a knife. D'Ashan sighed, pushing away from the bar. He had seen this many a time before and it always had ended with blood being spilled, and not always just of the two involved. He had to stop this before anyone got hurt. It was only right. Unsheathing his swords and making his way easily into the circle, he aimed one levelly at each of the men's chest.

"This is not the behavior I would expect from two fine upstanding gentleman. I'm sure whatever disagreement you have can be solved without violence." D'Ashan watched carefully the man with the knife while keeping an eye on the other. Locals did not like an outlander meddling in their affairs and these two looked no different.

As expected the man with the knife kicked aside his scimitar and leapt at him, knife plunging for his heart. The other man took advantage and picked up a chair to add a weapon to his arsenal. D'Ashan quickly circled his scimitar back around to knock the knife free with the flat of his blade. D'Ashan didn't even have time to blink. The rough old man was standing between them all one foot stopping the wooden chair with a crash, the knife previously plunging for his heart now stuck quivering in the rough wood of the ceiling, and his sword trapping D'Ashan's blades. D'Ashan blinked in surprise and the man growled at the two men.

"Enough. You two, leave now and go home. If I catch you again it'll be the lockup for you."

D'Ashan was wondering who this man was to promise lockup, when the two men surprised him by sullenly gathering their things and leaving. This man had some authority whoever he was.

"You come with me." The man said to D'Ashan, motioning for the door. D'Ashan wondered again who this man was to order people around, but headed for the door nonetheless. Once outside the man continued.

"While I appreciate bravery is something desired nowadays, next time be careful what you step into. Fights like that break out all the time, they tussle, they wrestle they go home and they sleep it off. What you did was dangerous, not just for yourself but for all the innocents in there who COULD have gotten hurt."

He folded his arms and looked expectantly at D'Ashan. D'Ashan resisted the urge to blurt out a defense of his actions. He had been trying to help and this man was accusing him of making matters worse!

"The man had a knife." He said slowly, his voice touched with heat. "What was I supposed to do? Stand by and watch as blood was spilled? I understand it was dangerous, and yes, others MAY have gotten hurt, but if you remember the man had a knife. People were already in danger of getting hurt." D'Ashan pointed out. "I saw a life in danger and I stepped forward to help. In my book that was the right thing to do." D'Ashan looked at the man but his face was as unreadable as stone.

OOC: I figured you were out scouting and so wouldn't be sporting your fancloak. That is why he hasn't recognized you right away. Plus he isn't too knowledgeable when it comes to Aes Sedai and Warders  ;) Let me know and I can edit it later if I need to.