DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Enchanted Glen - Arival at the Citadel [Open]

Liitha

After a restless night he had riden for a full day, only stoping to buy fresh food to eat bether, and give the horses a slight break. Otherwise he kept at it through the day. After making camp this time he wasnt disturbed and took a late morning so as only to be ariving in the late afternoon after having had a missturn and have to ask for directions.

Finaly he looked up on what could only be the Citadell of their allies, and riding on, with an introduction of who he was at the gate, and a note, he was given instructions to the stables. Making sure the beasts where taken well care of he followed still more instructions to find and report to the section taken up by his own kin. Having stashed his bellongings he was tired of asking for directions and went adventuring to find an eating place. Something seeming like an inn was just as promising as anything else so far and he entered, ordering the days special and sinking into a chair. He was glad still to have taken the time to fresh up and change  before going to dinner, even the short travel was notisable and it felt more relaxing to be in clean clothes indoor in a warm room.

He was sipping a glass of wine that he had poured himself from the bottle he had purchesed, thinking it would last him for dinner as well, though for a moment he was sorely tempted to close his eyes and relax, but just then the food arived. Giving his thanks he dug into it, leting the warmth seep into his body as it had been raining earlier that day and with a frisky breeze added in he had been chilled.

Raylin arrived in her barracks room and quickly stripped and headed for the baths. She was looking forward to having some fun tonight. Washing she let her mind drift, thinking about Jena with a smile. Finally she went back to her bunk and got out some clothes while she let herself air dry.  Dressing in breeches appealed to her as usual, because she liked the way it showed off her body, but she decided to do something special.

Rummaging through the dresses she had brought, she finally found the one she was looking for. A deep forest dreen, it was of Domani design and clung to her form revealingly. It had a split in the side up to mid thigh and showed off her legs well. Slipping into a pair of black heeled boots she did some magic on her shoulder length hair to make it fall in curls around her face instead of pulled back in her usual pony tail.

Deciding she was ready she left the barracks and made her way to the nearby inn. She had hopes for what tonight would bring, but no guarantee. But even if those hopes proved false, she still intended to have some fun.  Walking through the door she paused and looked around the room.  The person she was looking for wasn't there, and she couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Yet perhaps Jena was just running late.

She walked over to the bar and ordered a glass of wine, then leaned back against the bar and watched the room.  Nearby she saw a man she hadn't seen before. He looked freshly scrubbed and was relaxing with a bottle of wine.  She smiled at him and nodded, but said nothing for now. She waited to see how things would play out tonight.

IC: Jena walked back from the stables, her hair in a dissaray and her clothing hanging off her as usual. She really needed to gain wait every one told her. Was it her fault that her ribs stuck out? No, this place was the only one she had good regular meals on a daily basis. Her money from the racing had usually gone to help her brother out. She got to the barracks to realize, to her shock, just how late and how dirty she was. Gamble had gotten a bit of a nervouse break down when a new groom decided to move hime to a different stall to clean the one he had been in. No one had bothered to tell the poor boy that Jena would move and clean his stall later. SHe had ended up having to calm the horse down, who would never really have hurt the boy, just given a great show, and convince the boy that Gamble was not a killer horse. In all, this did not leave her in a happy mood. She decided that she would enjoy herself tonight if it killed her.

She reached into her bags and took out the only dress she had. Her brother had given it to her when she had won her first big horse race. She put on the Ebu Dari dress and stared at therself. She had worn it once on her brother's birthday, but it had been big then, so that she could grow into it. It now fit her like it should. The forest green dress was tight on her body, and the long thin neck line thrust down to show cleavage. Her skirt was sewn up to show the bright yellow petticoats. She had heard that the Ebou Dari dressed to shame Gleemen and true enough, her dress was quite bright, but it enhanced her beauty instead of detract from it. The green and yellow brought out the green and gold glints in her eyes perfectly.

She took a comb to her dark brown hair and arranged it so that it looked nice, not a mop of curls under her hat, but instead natural loose ringlets that framed her face. She considered taking the hat off, but then reslanted it and liked the effect. Her brother had always said that the day she didn't wear her hat would be the day the world died. On her belt still rested her large curved knife but she would never go any where with out the weapon on her.

She walked to the tavern and entered, her eyes taking in everything. It always felt so peaceful compared to Ebou Dar but she spotted Raylin looking at a man. Jena looked at the man and then back at Raylin wondering if they should join him later. The dress looked fantastic on Raylin and drew Jena's eyes aswell as those of several men around the inn. She wandered over with a smile to Raylin. Her hand resting easily on the knife as it always did in crowded places. Her eyes still scanning the room for danger and exits from old habit. She never felt comfortable with people looking at her and at the moment eyes were following her. To see who was the upstart walking over to the pretty woman Jena thought to herself nervously. She really hated the indoors.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long. Like I have said in other places, I had a horribly busy weekend. :-[

OOC: No problem hon. :)  This is Ata's thread anyway, we're just spectators, and she doesn't post anywhere near as fast as I do, because she has far more going on. :)

IC: Raylin looked up from her study of the stranger to see Jena enter the common room and she smiled brightly as a tension she hadn't even known was there left her shoulders. Her grin widened even more as Jena walked up, noting her dress was an almost exact match in color to her own, although the yellow petticoats made her blink for a moment.

She stood up and Jena approached her with a smile.  Reaching out she caught Jena's hands in her own and pulled her close. She gazed down into Jena's eyes, losing herself in them for moment, before bending down to kiss her.

"Hello there beautiful," she said when the kiss finally ended.  "I love the dress.  It's very becoming. Do you like mine?  A Domani friend of mine gave it to me as a gift for my last birthday, but you're the first one I've ever worn it for."

Jena walked over to Raylin and easily waked into the other woman’s arms. After they kissed, she wore a small easy smile that lit up her eyes.

"I love the dress. It fits you beautifully," she said her smile just growing wider at the compliment.

She glanced over her shoulder at the man Raylin had been looking at earlier.

"He looks lonely over there. Do you want to go over and see if he wants any company?" Jena asked motioning at the man with one hand.

Her head was slightly tilted to the left as she looked up at Raylin with a questioning gaze.

Raylin looked down at Jena with a smile and stroked her cheek softly as she tilted her head to look at Raylin.

"I'm not sure who he is love, but you're right, he does look a little lonely. Let's go say hello."

Raylin put her arm around Jena and the pair glided over to the man.  He'd been watching them since Jena had arrived and wasn't even trying to hide it.  He took a drink from his class and then poured himself a refill as the girls stopped at the table.

"Hello there.  My name is Raylin, and this is Kirsa. We've never seen you before, so thought we'd come over and introduce ourselves."

Aslan looked up at the two who stood infront of him, he motioned at the chairs while speaking. "I'm Aslan and I'm just in today from the black tower." he wasnt sure how people here thougth about it, afterall he at least couldnt counter the male madness charges to even himself, not with Jakar around.

Sipping his wine, he as such waited to feel out the situation, cause on the other hand was the fact that these where allied, and other from the black tower would be around.

"May the light shine upon you," Jena said, polite as usual.

"It is very nice to meet you Aslan," she said a large smile lighting up her face.

He came from the black tower, which, if rumor was correct, was where men that could channel trained. Men that could channel were supposed to be mad, but the man before her showed no such symptom. Of course, the most dangerouse ones are always that way. She shrugged the feeling of uneassiness away and took the seat he motioned to.

"I am fairly new aswell. I've been here only afew weeks," she said. The light from the hearth caught the glints of gold in her nearly black eyes and caused them to shine in and out like stars, giving her an air of trickery.

Raylin sat at the table next to Jena and put her arm around her and made herself smile at Aslan.

"From the Black Tower eh?  Nice to meet you Aslan.  My name is Raylin.  I've heard some things about the Black Tower since my arrival here.  I know we're in some kind of alliance with your people.  Are you an Asha'man then?"

Raylin leaned back, casually stroking Jena's shoulder. Her whole body was tense, but she forced herself to appear relaxed. A man channeling. Light!  She'd faced trollocks and lived though, and they were pure evil. At least the Black Tower was supposed to be on the side of the Light.  They couldn't be all bad.

"What brings you here?  Business, or pleasure?" she asked, a smile playing across her lips.

"I'm here to join the rest of my kin stationed here, so there is a good sign up then?" if there where all the time new people coming by then it must be. Remembering himself he grabed the winebotle, "wine ladies?" he motioned to the maid to bring more glasses. He had maybe aclimatised more then he was aware to his new station in life he thougth, mayhaps forgoten to much of his learning from earlier life so oocupied on learning to channel. Well if it was the case there should be time enough to remedy that now, he smiled at the girls, he hadnt forgoten all about entertaining though.

And just then the meal arived, "you eaten yet?" the plate for the dish held enough food, and it would be easy enough to order another couple eating plates.

Jena accepted the wine with a smile and a thank you. It never hurt to be polite was her modo. She listened to his explanation, the whole time her senses were being assulted by the food in his plate. She was hungry, but she had been hungry all her life and ignored the feeling. When he asked if they had eaten yet, Jena instantly took it as if she had eaten at all that day and her smile instantly widened.

"Oh yes, I have. Thank you," Jena said, though her stomache felt hollow inside her. It just felt odd to have three meals a day.

Raylin smiled at Aslan as he offered for them to join him for a meal and accepted gratefully. She hadn't eaten since earlier that day, and she knew Jena must be equally as famished. She therefore was a little shocked when Jena refused the food, especially when a rumble from her stomach gave her the lie.

Leaning close to Jena she whispered softly into her ear. "Dearest, I know we've talked about how new this is to you, but you really can eat when you wish. Besides, you'll need you energy for later tonight." Ending with a nibble to Jena's ear, she sat back up in her seat and began to help herself to some food.

"So Aslan, seems you're here on business.  I know you men of the Black Tower always seem to be busy whenever I see one of you around."

Aslan let the flame steady him, and descreatly ignored the flirting between the girls, none of his buisnis. He instead focused on eating till his stumock calmed down, and then answering questions.

Aslan nodded to the later question, it made sence, evenif he didnt know much of this yet. "Very posible as they needed more people here, and the training render us used to always doing something, we dont sleep away dayligth." that had been a change for him, even when traveling, to some extent he had kept to his habits of later mornings.

"Likely as not you know more then me at the present about what is going on here though, as this is your homebase. I did run into someone from here, on my way here. I heard you also got Ogiers building here..."

Raylin giggled at Jena's response and sat back in her chair.

"Ogier?  I've seen them around now and then. I know they are supposed to be helping build this place.  I think they're spending most of their time on the south side right now.  I haven't really been told much about what's going on with all of the folks around here.  Besides you Asha'man and the Ogier, I've seen some strangers with gold colored eyes as well."

Raylin grabbed her drink and look a long swallow, picturing those golden eyes and shivering. They'd reminded her of a wild animal.

"You all seem friendly enough of course, but it's nothing I'm used to."

Jena had always been the type that as long as the person had no problem with her then she had no problem with them. She did admit the people with the golden eyes sometimes were a bit odd, but she had seen worse in the eyes of children that hadn't eaten in days and were killing each other for a scrap of bread. Things change when your desperate, Jena knew well enough, she had been one of those children often enough, though her brother had tried his best.

"Things change all the time, for the best or the worst," she said trully beliving what she said.

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry ladies.  Work has been insane so I've not had much time to put proper effort into RP posts. I hope you can forgive me.

IC:

Raylin smiled at Jena.

"Yes," she replied, staring into her eyes. "And lately I've felt it's been very much for the better."

Turning she looked back as Aslan, studying him for a moment.  He was a handsome man, though she couldn't help but feel a little strange sitting this clsoe to a man who could channel. Still, she knew the Band held with the Black Tower, and so she could deal with it.

"So Aslan, other then seeing your Brothers, is there anything specific that brings you here?"