DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did You Save One For Me? (Attn: Jocelyn)

TaeaDawn

It wasn't everyday that he set off on a quest of such importance.  Nor was he as lucky to have such a fine specimen to help him out.  If she were willing of course.  Not that he doubted it because he'd always had good luck with women, unless he was actually trying to court them.. that all seemed to go wrong, but in general he had a good time with women and they seemed to find him charming.  He hoped today was one of those days.  If not, he was going to be going home empty handed and with no more quest for the day.

He liked the 'quest of the day'.  Yesterday it had been to learn how to shuck corn without using his hands.  Figured it was an exercise in skill, but it had decimated the small stash of corn he'd bought.  In the end, he'd had enough for a meal, but not near what he had bought.  Still, it had been fun.  Tomorrow's quest of the day depended on today's success.  He was thinking perhaps tomorrow he would learn how to shingle a house.  He'd never done it before and wasn't that the point?  He might have to blow someone's roof up though to do it.  Didn't think anyone needed help with it just now around the Farm.  He'd have to ask.

He made his way to the Inn and smiled as his prey came into sight.  She wouldn't be expecting him and had no idea that she was his 'quest for the day' but he was pretty sure she'd play along.  Yeah.  Probably.  Ah, it didn't matter anyway.  A slap in the face was worth it in the end.

Walking into the room he came up behind her and pulled her to her feet, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close enough to make someone think the wrong thing.  He smiled affectionately at her then.  "Did you save one for me?" He asked, aware that she had no idea what he was asking or why.

Caelen... :P

Jocelyn eyed her sketches critically. Art had never been her strong point, though she had in mind the gown she wanted to fashion from her new bolts of material. It was just a matter of putting the design onto paper. It wasn't a fabulous drawing, but it would do. Frowning slightly, Jocelyn smudged the charcoal and altered the neckling, lowering it a fraction. It was a special occasion, after all.

She was startled by a pair of strong, masculine hands lifting her to her feet and embracing her in a way which was awfully inappropriate, given she was publicly linked to Rion, even if it wasn't official. Well yet, anyway. She was working on that. Prepared to wrench herself from the strange grip, Jocelyn paused, noting finally who it was holding her, and she relaxed slightly. Of she feared anyone in the tower, Caelen was not one of them.

With a gentle insistence, Jocelyn pushed away his hands and took a step back with a smile. "Did I save you a what?" She asked, bending to shuffle her papers and hide the secret gown. She enjoyed Caelen's company. He had a wonderful if strange sense of humour, but Jocelyn couldn't recall him asking her to save anything for him. "If this is another request for a kiss my answer hasn't changed." She gave him a teasingly firm stare which she ruined with a smile.

Jocelyn

Her answer tickled him to no end, as she normally did when they talked.  "No kiss?"  He pouted very prettily then.  "But I suppose I should have known that.  We must keep our secrets after all."

He laughed lightly then, not bothering to try to take his hands away from the lady.  She was a tad on the young side for him but she was beautiful and there weren't many men in the Tower that could say she'd allow them to lay hand on her.  He hoped Rion counted him friend enough to know that he wished only happy things for Jocelyn and that his words were only friendly banter, but it was hard to tell with people at the Black Tower. 

"And actually, I was hoping you had saved a dance for me.  Well, more than one.  I was thinking..."  he actually looked away then, slightly embarrassed about what he was asking fo her.  Mostly embarrassed because he was about to make a big fool of himself, but he had decided on the course of action and what was a little foolery to stop him? "That is... I know a few dances from Far Madding, but i've been around a little and I know that I don't know the first thing about dancing.  I was hoping you wouldn't mind a pupil who will probably stomp on your feet a lot, curse when he stumbles, and laugh when he falls on his own rear?"

He laughed.  "And if that isn't enough incentive.. name your price.  I'd really like to learn."

Caelen :P

• 2 months later...

Jocelyn tapped her chin as though considering the proposition, though in truth it was more to make Caelen wait and wonder than anything else. One thing she missed about home was the fun - she used to always be dancing, and usually flirting and drinking too. As much as she loved Rion, and would be happy wherever he was, she really wished there was a little more lighthearted fun around the farm.

"Name my price? Once upon a time I would have asked only for a kiss, but likely Rion wouldn't approve of that." Her cheek dimpled as she smiled wickedly and again attempted to bat Caelen's hands away, not that she was bothered by it, but Rion tended to prove extremely jealous where she was concerned. "But luckily I have something else in mind...something secret." She lowered her voice at the last, and gave him a conspiratorial wink. "If you do well in your first lesson, I will tell you."

With that she gathered up her papers and turned, beckoning Caelen to follow. "Unless you want your fellow asha'men to watch, I suggest we go to my house to practice." Caelen held the door for her as she walked through it, and Jocelyn paused as he followed, taking the arm he offered happily. She didn't consider many people in this place friend, but Caelen had fast become one.

The home she shared with Rion was by no means large like Dashiva's, but it did afford some privacy and a rather roomy living area, once the table was pushed to the side. "This will likely prove tricky without music." She mused, hands on hips as she considered Caelen. "How about you tell me what you know? Or better yet," She smirked, "Show me."

Jocelyn

Oh light, it was about to start.  He was grinning as he thought it though, grinning from ear to ear at the thought of learning to dance and at the thought that he would get to spend a little time with Jocelyn.  Pretty as could be and a fresh breath of air in a place that tended to let people stagnate in their own darkness.  Caelen was all about the light and being light and hey!  Being light on his feet!    His smile grew a little wider though he didn't share the thought with Jocelyn.  He was fool enough for everyone as it was.  He didn't need to add to it with another of his brilliant thoughts.

He took a deep breath then and began clapping his hands to a beat.  Jocelyn caught it with him and then he began humming the tune he had been used to at home.  Not that he'd been a regular dancer since things like that were a bit on the wild side for a boy like him in Far Madding, but he'd been around the countryside a bit too.  It was there he had learned he could channel, without the guardian there to see him and protect him from it.

As the tune began to fill his heart and his head with memories he began to move around the room, dancing to the music he knew and trying to share a little of who he was with his lady friend.

Caelen