DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Entering the Tower (Attn. MoN)

Kass

IC: Kirsa and her parents had entered Tar Valon this morning, all but her mother, gaping like country bumpkins. Kirsa had grown in and around cities but Tar Valon was a jewel compared to coal. They had first gone to an inn, bathed, and Kirsa and her mother changed into "more appropriate" clothing to enter the tower. Her mother had insisted, even though Kirsa had seen nothing wrong with the Domani dress she wore, that they change into some Andoran dresses.

After they were all clothed and clean enough to her mother's satisfaction, they rode to the tower, Kirsa riding side saddle, much to her dislike. Kirsa once again gapped, her mind nearly overtaken by the beauty ahead of her. She closed her mouth when a pair of soldiers stopped them to ask their business, with laughter, at her expression, clear in their voices. Kirsa sent a glare their way and adjusted her pose, to make it seem more suggestive naturally. Their laughter stopped as they rode by. The Tower's grooms quickly took their horses and pointed them on their way. When they entered they once again asked for directions and a servant took them to a sitting room.

Shortly afterwards, a young woman was sent to them and lead Kirsa down a series of corridors. They quickly reached a door. The woman motioned for Kirsa to take a seat in one of the chairs set on either side of the door. Once Kirsa took a seat, the woman entered the room behind the door, leaving Kirsa nearly to herself. Servants passed often enough, their gazes never turning her way. Kirsa tried stretching her hand, which had become stiff with her nervousness. Her gaze traveled the length of the corridor over and over again, taking in every detail.

OoC: I hope I did this right. I remember reading something on how to do these but I couldn't find it again. Sorry, if I did this wrong. By the way can Kirsa be An'drea's roomie? Thanks.

Opening the door for Maria, Darienna waited until she stepped outside and looked over at the young girl that was sitting on one of the chairs as Maria had told her.  A Domani minx from the look of her, and one who wasn't badly off either.  Maybe from one of the merchant families, the usual black hair and copper skin to go with the inherent beauty that the Domani seemed to have.  Whether she had more than good looks was another matter, be it intelligence or cunning, but that would only matter if she was here to be tested, and that was the only business a young girl of her age had being here.  Not that a test was necessary, the ability was already visible for her to see in the girl.

Not bothering to take the pipe that she was puffing on rather merrily from her mouth, Darienna pointed to the girl and crooked a finger.  "Come in."  Stepping back inside, she waited for the girl to enter before closing the door and walking to her seat, gesturing to the two chairs on the other side of her desk.  Sitting down, Darienna noticed the girl waited for her to do so before emulating rather than simply taking the seat without regard.  Some instruction in etiquette then, to be expected from the background she was assuming of the girl.

Watching her in silence for awhile, save for the occasional puff of her pipe, Darienna finally spoke.  "Well, it seems you can channel and I presume you are here to enroll."  Reaching for the Novice Roll, Darienna opened the ledger up and quickly found the page for new entries.  Taking a quill and noting the date, she asked three very simple questions.  "If you would, state your name, age and place of origin."  Smiling slightly, she added.  "Tell me five things about yourself as well."

Darienna Ceradin

Mistress of Novices

OOC: No worries, I'll pull An'drea in when the moment presents itself and send you a PM, Ken. :)

When the woman, who Kirsa guessed was an Aes Sadei asked her to enter, she follow, taking in the room. The woman then motioned for her to sit and Kirsa did so after the older woman. It never hurt to be polite. She arranged her skirts automatically and hid her left hand under her right one in her lap. She sat like her mother had taught her, in the most hinting and complimenting way possible. She then smiled pleasantly at the woman. People usually relax when they smile Kirsa's mother had always told her, but it wasn't working on Kirsa at the moment. She nodded in agreement when the woman said she was here to enroll.

"My name is Kirsa Mansoor and I am fifteen years old. I am from Bandar Eban in Arad Doman," she said in her usual caressing voice.

"My dream was to become a successful merchant until just recently. I love animals and tossing knives. I broke the fingers of my left hand when I was young and my favorite time of day is sun set," she said with long pauses in between. She had no idea what to say and ended up saying what ever came to mind first. She nearly blushed afterwards, but strong training kept her in line.

Managing to restrain herself to a smile as the girl listed the five things that first came to mind, Darienna filled out the Novice Roll.  Name, age and place of origina recorded, Darienna replaced the quill in the inkwell and moved the roll aside as she looked to the girl.  Interesting, she mentioned that she had broken the fingers on her left hand yet she still kept them hidden, perhaps they had healed crooked?  "Kirsa would you show me your left hand?  Hold it up before yourself so I may see it."

Her suspicion was proven correct after a hesitant pause.  The girl's left hand was indeed not whole, the fingers clearly carrying the marks of the breaking in their youth.  Still, it did not look as bad as it could have, it was certainly something that Darienna suspected could be fixed.  She certainly wouldn't order the girl to do so though, that would have to be her own decision and of her own volition, it was entirely possible she had become too used to the hand as it was.  But she could at least inform her of the possibility.

"You know, there are some sisters who might be able to mend those fingers.  It would probably require them to rebreak them so they could be set properly, but its entirely possible.  But, for now I would like you to stand up.  Up you get."  Standing as the girl did, Darienna walked about the table so she could study her more closely.  Slowly walking around her, Darienna nodded to herself and disappeared into a side room as she called out.  "I'm just getting you you're Novice whites, I'm fairly sure we have some for your size.  Just a moment."

It was no more than a minute before Darienna re-emerged with several pairs of the uniform that would be Kirsa's life for at least the next five years, if not ten.  Giving them to her to carry on one arm, she smiled as she pointed to the door.  "We're going this way, come."

Opening the door for her, Darienna closed it behind her and began to lead her through the halls with a very specific person in mind.  "We're going to find your mentor, she's one of the Accepted and I think you will do well with her.  Her role as your mentor will be to help you settle into your life at the tower, as well as assist you in your studies.  You will have many teachers, some of which you may choose to confide in, but she will always be there.  As will I, if you ever need to talk to someone or you are feeling lost."

Darienna Ceradin

Mistress of Novices

OOC:  Ok, the mentor will be posting next.

Guest nephitess

IC: AS the girl left, Veria watched her retreating form. With a sigh, Veria looked away. She regretted the way she had treated her. She did not know why she was in a truly bad mood today. It could have been the lack of sleep, the pressure to get her assignments done. Maybe it was because she had not seen Kopair in weeks.

He was off with his mentor learning about wilderness survival and training in his weapons. A flash of jealously hit her and she grimaced. Leaning on her elbow, Veria gazed out to the skylight nearest her. The day was sunny and fresh, not a day to be stuck inside and sulking over something as silly as not seeing her beau. Sitting there she smiled and her eyelids closed in the pleasant dreamy way……

She was sitting there in the ogier grove in Kopair’s special place. She was plucking the grass around her tucked in feet. Veria ran her hands along her legs the feeling of leather was wonderful. Her shirt yellow today and done up just enough to stay closed. Seeing the position of the sun she embraced to source….She and Kopair always played this game.

A minute later she heard a small movement to her left. She waited a few moments longer until she was sure he was close enough. Turning quickly she caught him in a weave of air and turned him upside down….pulling the weave closer to her..She winked and said…

“You know..Liitha needs to whip you into shape…”

Taking his head in to her hands she kissed him and let him down. It was then that he took her in his arms and started to kiss her. His hands were running along her back and his lips her making a trail down her neck……..

“Accepted?”

Veria jumped and a stopped a scream that wanted to leave her throat.  Looking at who spoke Veria almost laughed. It was An’drea.

“So you are done?” Veria asked trying to mask her disappointment of having her day dream broken “That is good. Well you are done then…if you have class or assignments to do I suggest you do them.”

“Accepted Zeveria?” said a jolly voice behind her….

It was the Mistress of Novices and she had a young girl in tow.  Darienna Sedai knew her to well to be able to find her here. Veria grinned and stood with a curtsy. Giving An’drea a nudge she followed Veria’s example.

“How may I be of assistance Darienna Sedai?”

While Darienna had known she would find Zeveria, she had not expected to find An'drea in her company, perhaps it was fortuitous because it made another decision of hers rather easy to make.  Sometimes the wheel weaved in mysterious ways, or as the saying went, the wheel weaved as the wheel willed.  Or maybe it was just plain coincidence that had led to this particular task being simplified for her.  Either way, Darienna rested a hand on Kirsa's shoulder as she smiled at the pair.

"I would like the pair of you to meet Kirsa, she is our newest addition to the Tower and I've only just enrolled her amongst the Novices.  She needs a mentor, someone to help her become better acquainted with the Tower and to ensure she settles in well.  I have picked you, Accepted Zeveria, for this particular task, and I am sure you will do well by her."  It wouldn't be the first student that the Accepted had been given, and Darienna was certain that she would treat the girl well and make sure she settled in, without letting her get out of hand.

Gesturing to An'drea, Darienna now spoke for Kirsa's benefit.  "This is An'drea, Novices share rooms and she will be your roommate.  I am confident that the pair of you will get along."  Then, for An'drea, whom she noticed was still wearing her hair to hide a non-existant shame.  "I am sure that you will help her settle in along with Accepted Zeveria.  I'm sure that you will both keep her out of trouble?  Good."

Removing her hand from Kirsa's shoulder, Darienna inclined her head to the three of them before turning and walking away.  There were more things to be done yet, a Mistress of Novices' work was never done unfortunately.  Was it 'no rest for the wicked'?

Something like that.

Darienna Ceradin

Mistress of Novices

IC: The thought of her hand being healed still rang through her mind as she was introduced to the two other women. She would have someone to show her around which Kirsa was gratefull for, and sharing a room with another girl would not be bad. She had shared her bed with one of her sisters back home. Once the Mistress of Novices left Kirsa flashed a smile at the other.

"It is very nice to meet you both," she said her voice caressing as usual.

"What should I do with these?" she asked, with a second thought, and motioned to the robes the Aes Sadei had given her.

OoC: Sorry for it being so short. :-[

Dre studied the new girl for a moment, ducking her head so that her haird hid the scar on her face. She hated the idea of new people seeing it. She walked up to Kirsa and gave her a firendly smile and a hug.

"Welcome to the Tower Kirsa," Dre said in her quiet voice. "Like Darienna Sedai, my name is An'Drea Tior, but you can call me Dre. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'm glad to finally have a roommate. It can get a bit too quiet all by myself sometimes. I can show us all up to our room so you can get settled in, and then Veria can take over from there."

She turned to the Accepted with a curtsey. "If that's ok with you of course Accepted. I just thought she might like to see her new home."

Kirsa smiled happily at the friendliness of her new roommate. She noticed how the girl hid her face behind her hair and couldn't see why. She could see a pretty face where Dre didn't hide it behind hair. Kirsa decided she would have to show Dre that she would look nicer with her hair pulled back. She then smiled pleadingly at the Accepted to allow Dre to show her room to Kirsa. She would be living there for a while, so she might as well get accustomed to it as soon as possible.

Guest nephitess

IC: "I would like the pair of you to meet Kirsa, she is our newest addition to the Tower and I've only just enrolled her amongst the Novices.  She needs a mentor, someone to help her become better acquainted with the Tower and to ensure she settles in well.  I have picked you, Accepted Zeveria, for this particular task, and I am sure you will do well by her."

With a nod and a curtsy she accepted the task. She already had two mentees to keep track of but she could do it. the other two were basicly independant now anyway. With a smile for Kirsa, Veria said good bye to the MON as she left. An'drea was busy welcoming her new roomy and looked very excited. the two seemed like they would get along. An'drea turn back to Veria with an excited look on her face.

I can show us all up to our room so you can get settled in, and then Veria can take over from there. If that's ok with you of course Accepted. I just thought she might like to see her new home." She said the last with a Curtsy.

Veria nodded and gave her permission. "You two may go and get Kirsa settled in. Have fun and then report to my quarters in 2 hours." the last was said with a wink.

Today looked to be getting better. a new mentee would take her mind off of her frustrations.

OOC: ok...i'll start a new thread shortly so keep you eyes peeled. it will a get to know you thread. *wink*

With a smile for

Dre smiled and thanked Veria, promising that she'd make sure Kirsa got to the Accepted's room on time. After getting directions to the room for Veria the two of them said goodbye to the Accepted and then set off. Dre lead the way around the grounds, at last arriving where the Novice quarters were located.

As the two girls walked they chatted as Dre filled Kirsa in on Novice life in the Tower, about chores, classes, the rules of behavior, and things like that.

"Don't worry too much though," she said, noticing the worried look on Kirsa's face. "I know it's a great deal to remember, but generally they are pretty understanding for your first day or two."

Finally the pair arrived at the door to their room and Dre stopped.  Swinging the door open with a grand gesture, as if opening the door to a grand ballroom, she smiled.

"And this is our room.  Welcome home Kirsa."

Dre waited until the girl walked into the room, then followed behind and closed the door.

"I know it's not much," she said, gesturing to the bare furnishings, with just a pair of hard cots, a stole, a washstand with a chipped pitcher, and some pegs on the wall for hanging clothes. "It serves it's purpose though. You'll find most nights you're so exhausted that you fall asleep without any problems no matter how lumpy the matress is."

Kirsa followed Dre and became slightly worried as the other girl told her everything about Novice life, but soon relaxed when the other girl told her that they were easier on you the first couple days. Kirsa was someone that learned from repetition, but once she learned she always remembered. They entered the room, it was less grand than what she was used to but she could live with it. She smiled at the other girl.

"It's fantastic. I will never notice the lumpyness. I used to sleep on the floor because it was more confortable there," she said giving the other girl a wink.

"So when did you arrive here?" she asked as she took a seat on the empty matress.

"I've only been here a couple of weeks.  My mentor took me through learning to touch Saidar, but I haven't had my first classes in using the Power yet. So far it's mostly been about history and theory and boring things like that. But the Aes Sedai seem to think that learning the theory of how the One Power is able to what it does, means you'll have an easier time making it do it."

Dre sat down on the other bed and looked up again at Kirsa sitting across from her. For the first time her hair fell to the side enough to show the vivid scar on Dre's face across the line of her cheek from near her eye down to her chin.

"I came here from a small village in northern Kandor. I left home because I just couldn't fit in there.  What brings you to the White Tower?"

Kirsa nodded at Dre's explantion. Personally she agreed with the Aes Sadei, but it would be frustrating to learn everything you can do. Then not being allowed to do it, or atlast, not being allowed to try and do it. That's when she spotted the scar. It was a surprise but she didn't even blink. Training had broken such things into her all too hard. You could see it but it didn't ruin the other girl's looks.

"Me? I'm from Bandar Eban in Arad Doman. I came here when an Aes Sadei saw me and told my parents they had to take me to the White Tower because I could channel. They didn't like it at all," Kirsa replied, deciding that asking why Dre didn't fit in might be poking at a touchy subject, and flashed a quick smile instead.

"Oh!" Dre said with a gasp. "Were you born with it?  I've heard that's pretty rare.  Me, I can learn, but I had no idea.  I came here just hoping I could channel, but not knowing for sure."

Dre leaned forward in a conspiratorial air and gestured for Kirsa to move closer. "Did you hear about what happened to the last Amyrlin Seat, Sirayn Simeone?  Apparently she just up and vanished one day without a trace." Dre paused to look around the room for a moment, as if afraid someone might overhear. "Well I heard from one of the cooks in the kitchen that there was a trace. A letter saying she'd run off to be with her true love. And what's even weirder, none of her clothing was taken, and a Tower Guard who was at the gate that night swore he saw her leave without wearing a stitch of clothing!  Don't tell anyone I told you though."

Dre looked out the window at the sun and realized what time it was. She bounded up with a squeak. "Oh, I'm supposed to be in the kitchens soon for chores.  We'd better get going." Stepping over to Kirsa she gave her an excited hug and grinned. "Welcome to the White Tower, and I'm glad you're my roommate.  It might take us a while to find Veria's room, because I haven't been in the Accepted's quarters much. So we should probably be leaving now." Darting to the door she opened it, then paused to smile at Kirsa as she waited for her. "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"I dunno if I was born with it. I was just told I could channel," Kirsa replied with a shrug.

She stared wide eyed as Dre told her about the other Amerylin. It sounded weird to Kirsa, but then again she had never been one to belive in such silly things as true love. She found it kind of silly how the woman could have given up such a high post for anyone. Well, Kirsa might have done it for a friend, but not completely. She might have left it for a day of two if it was really seriouse. All that hard work wasted. It made Kirsa feel sick.

When the other girl told her that she had to go do chores so they had better hurry up. Kirsa nodded and stood up smiling at the girl when she turned back to look at her. She then followed the girl out of the door and into the hall way.