DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Timeline Questions

bcxanth

Hi all.

I've had some questions about timeline that have been buzzing around in my head today that I never really had reason to ask before.

1) What year is it currently in the main RP timeline?

2) If two characters become involved, say a Warder and Aes Sedai relationship for example, and they are actually in different timelines when they first bond, can that be overlooked under the "don't ask, don't tell, never mention it again or you'll destroy space-time" clause?

3) Once the main RP timeline gets to the point where the Last Battle has been fought and it's all done, what happens next? Have there been any thoughts on that yet?  Will the Wheel be reset but everyone still be able to keep their characters at the same rank? Or will we go on into the future with our own interpretation of what will happen?

Guest Arie Ronshor

1) What year is it currently in the main RP timeline?

Easiest to Answer. :)  1000 NE

2) If two characters become involved, say a Warder and Aes Sedai relationship for example, and they are actually in different timelines when they first bond, can that be overlooked under the "don't ask, don't tell, never mention it again or you'll destroy space-time" clause?

This is completely up to the pair. It is often recomended for a Novice or Accepted to not search out bondeds because of the timeline. Most RP their Aes Sedai 90 years or older. But again, this is often overlooked and ignored because of the sheer logic of it.

(For example, My first Aes Sedai Bonded Daemon Ronshor when they were both 'just' raised to Aes Sedai and Tower Guard. Now, My Aes Sedai is over 250 years old because of the White Tower Timeline while my Gaidin is only in his late 40s. Try figuring that one out. :P Again, it's completely up to you and your future bonded as to how you wish to work this out)

3) Once the main RP timeline gets to the point where the Last Battle has been fought and it's all done, what happens next? Have there been any thoughts on that yet?  Will the Wheel be reset but everyone still be able to keep their characters at the same rank? Or will we go on into the future with our own interpretation of what will happen?

Keep an eye out, there may be something. However, we are currently only in the 8th book and a have a few more to go before the final battle. ;)

This has been brought up a few times. (Any staff that read this, i'll throw something on the staff board later tonight... *coughs*)

Well as to point 3, I'd like to make a suggestion if I could. :)

Much as there used to be a section for AoL RPs, I think it'd be cool if a new section was made for people to make new cahracters and start the main story all over. And then have the current boards continue with the current characters on into our own version of the future.

Just my two cents. :D

I think that there will be two kind of responses to starting the Main Plotline all over again. Newer members will be hopping from joy because they never got the chance to play most of the events, older members (like me) will shrug and go 'been there, done that, something new please'.

It will be a difficult choice about what to do after the Last Battle but I think that currently we should focus on getting current DM there and making the current RP as great as we can. Our resources (mainly time and devotion of the people) are not limitless and if we start spreading too thin... well, burn out and PSWs that are not as strong as they could be if there was just one.

But what would that one PSW be that keeps us all interested after the Last Battle? That will be a really interesting question over the next few years :)

For example, at a Harry Potter site, they set it in 2028, and the 'Dark Lord' returned, but it was Draco Malfoy, and there were a lot of timeline issues there too.

At a Randland site, it was set after the Breaking and the Dragon Reborn turned evil, taking over the Tower and persecuting all other channelers. Other WoT sites have flat main characters who can do anything OP-wise and discover all the secrets from the Lost Ages, or Aes Sedai who discover Portal Worlds with fighting robots and elves. My point is that it seems easy to get carried away with all the 'what-ifs' and possibilities Jordan opens up. 

I would think though that, as long as there were good rules in place, and the staff kept on top of things, then we could avoid allot of those pitfalls.  And if we did where we had both a section for a reset of the wheel, and one for carrying on, then people would be able to chose which they enjoyed most, or even play both.