DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets play...LOL

Nephitess

Guest nephitess

OOC: Hey this should be fun….thanks for playing with me! :D

IC: Breathing deep the fresh air Zeveria looked it to the sky. It looked like it would rain, but this did not keep her from her task. She had made a dedication to herself that she would train her body no matter the circumstances. Flexing her hands she felt an urge to run but kept her self in check, she was in the tower halls after all.

Ten minutes later brought her to the warder’s yard. Dressed in tight breeches and knee high boots she felt comfortable. In the beginning she had felt very self concious. But now the breeches and shirts were second nature to her. Doing some quick streaches, Veria let her energy loose. She started to run laps around the yard at a steady pace. After a few laps she increased her speed.

As she did laps, Veria noticed a few trainees enter the yard. One caught her eye…A tall, young man was laughing with his friends. He had a clean shaven head and well trimed gotee. Veria found him quite handsome. As she continued her run she came up closer to the group. They were talking and joking. Suddenly Veria noticed all their eyes on her. Flashing them a bright smile she ran past. She aloud herself to blush after passing them and even giggled a little. 

Realizing what she was doing Veria berated herself for being so childish. ‘I’m a grown woman’ the blush stayed but she stopped giggling. She was coming around to the group again when the bald one turned to his friends, in a non chalunt way. Veria could tell he was saying something. She picked up the pace to see if she could catch what he was saying.

OOC:: a though occurred to me…Kopair does not know who Veria is…to make things easier for him…you could play him thinking she is just another female trainee. What do you think?

OOC: Agreed. Given her current outfit Kopair would have no idea who she is. :)

IC:

Kopair walked through the yard with a group of friends. They'd just left the barracks and the others were pestering him with questions about his pending trip away from the Tower with his mentor Liitha.  They felt sure Kopair was going to mess up again if he left the Yard again and felt he'd be safer sticking around.  Kopair took their jokes with good grace, still feeling uncomfortable with the subject of his last trip away from the Yard.

The group stopped near the open area in front of the armory and Kopair noticed a woman running laps around the area.  Wearing tight fitting breaches like the other women come to study with the Warders he couldn't help but notice she had very nice legs. Kopair let out a soft whistle, one his friends instantly recognized, and they all turned to see.

"Who's that?" on of them asked. "I've never seen her before."

The group fell silent as she ran past with a smile and Kopair couldn't help but watch her from behind as she continued on her path.

"You've got good taste Kopair," said another of his friends.

With a wry twist to his mouth, Kopair turned to the friend that made the comment. "Good taste?" he asked. "It's true she's an attractive woman, but she's not a piece of meat. Still," he continued, watching her from the corner of his eye as she came near again, and lowered his voice some. "She certainly fills out those breaches well enough. Aran always told me I needed to be more open with women. I certainly wouldn't mind asking her for some training," he said with a grin as she passed by once more.

OOC: Kopair is going to be coming off kind of "women are a sex object" here, but I know from experience how guys are at that age around other guys. :P He's really a nice guy though. :)

Guest nephitess

IC: Embracing the source as she came close, Veria made as if she was not paying attention.

“I certainly wouldn't mind asking her for some training” The bald one said confidentially to his friends….

Veria’s eyes almost popped out of her head….ask her for training?? Her pace slowed. What was that…..wait! If it meant what she thought it meant….Light!! Veria’s face went red half in embarrassment and half in excitement that a trainee would find her attractive. She was not used to this kind of attention. What so she do? Thinking quickly, she thought of a plan.

Jogging now to slow her heart rate, she came up to the group. The cute one had his back to her so she tapped him on the shoulder.  As he turned around, she was confronted with his beautiful deep eyes that looked like they could swallow a person. Their faces were so close that she could feel his breath caress her. She stepped back quickly.   Gulping air and stealing herself…she looked up again and smiled.

“So you want me to train you huh? Well, if you give me a little then maybe I’ll be able

to.“ With a wink she gave him her hand “I’m Veria, who are you?”

She felt butterflies in her stomach…light. What was she doing…flirting!  She’d better cool down or she was going to get herself in trouble. An accepted could not be found acting like a flighty girl. Though she thought wryly…some Sister acted no better then spoiled love struck ninnies. Continuing to wait, she kept smiling at the cute one.

OOC: LOL!!  ;D....Changed the name....I have not written for her for a little while...geting used to it again. 

Kopair was startled when he felt the tap on his shoulder to see the woman they'd been watching standing behind him. He turned and stared down into her eyes and smiled at her as he noticed the flush spreading over her face as she spoke to him.  Training?  This was bound to lead somewhere interesting.

"Veria," he said as his smile deepened. "It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Kopair, Mentee of Liitha. And for one as beautiful as you I'd be glad to give whatever training you require." Taking her hand in his he kissed it, a move he'd read about doing in stories, and could feel her pulse racing. "What did you have in mind?" He couldn't help but blush a little himself at the thoughts his own words brought into his mind.

Putting his hand on the small of her back he guided her away from his friends who all had stupid grins on their faces. "There are various sparring weapons available and I'm proficient in a few of them, especially the sword. I've also had training in hand-to-hand fighting. I'm yours to command."

Guest nephitess

IC: Veria, It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Kopair, Mentee of Liitha. And for one as beautiful as you I'd be glad to give whatever training you require.”

It was all her strength to keep standing as he took her hand and kissed it gently near her wrist. "What did you have in mind?" What did she have in mind? HUmmm, she thought to herself…He did not want to know.  Taking control of herself, Veria glanced at the other boys. They all had knowing looks on their faces.

Before Veria knew it Kopair was leading her away from the group. She was VERY aware of His hand on her back. Did her just stroke the small of her back?  Then she heard him say….

"There are various sparring weapons available and I'm proficient in a few of them, especially the sword. I've also had training in hand-to-hand fighting. I'm yours to command."

Thinking about her training so far she responded….”Well Ursana my mentor has been teaching me the Staff. I have also done a little hand to hand. I think I need more practice in that area. “ 

Standing there she noticed Kopair appraising her. With a wry smile and her fist on her hip, she waited for him to respond.

"Ah yes, the staff." He grinned as he noticed the fist on her hip.  He wasn't sure how Liitha would respond if she saw this, but he knew what Aran would say. "That is a fine weapon, but not one I have any experience in as of yet. But it would be a pleasure to go hand-to-hand with you."

Reaching out his hand once more to her back Kopair steers her toward the sparring rings. "Follow me beautiful. We can use one of the rings over here for our training. You must be fairly new to the Yard as I've not seen you around before. I promise I'll not push you any harder then you'd like."

Arriving at the sparring ring, Kopair shrugged off his coat and then moved to the opposite side of the ring to face Veria.

"First let's start with an assessment of your skills versus mine. You begin by attacking, I'll defend, and we'll see how can get the other out of the ring first."

Kopair fell back into a relaxed defensive stance. His attraction for the woman could be distracting, but he let the feelings wrap around him in the Spring as he was taught.

Guest nephitess

IC:  "Follow me beautiful. We can use one of the rings over here for our training. You must be fairly new to the Yard as I've not seen you around before. I promise I'll not push you any harder then you'd like."Arriving at the sparring ring, Kopair shrugged off his coat and then moved to the opposite side of the ring to face Veria.

Watching Kopair take off his coat was a distracting thing. Light! How was she supossed to keep herself together? Looking away she mentally squared herself.

"First let's start with an assessment of your skills versus mine. You begin by attacking, I'll defend, and we'll see how can get the other out of the ring first."

With a nod, Veria dropped into a stance that was comfortable and gave her agility. She started to move to the right and watched as Kopair began to circle as well. Think about what her Mentor had taight her so far she choose a course of action.

Without warning she rushed forward and dropped her to knees. She then swung her fist towards where his diaphragm would be.

Kopair was taken by surprise for a moment at Veria's speed, but not enough to throw him off. It was a beginner's move, and one that would catch many a tavern bully off guard. Yet was that really the extent of her skill, or was she just testing?  He'd respond at a similar level for now.

Stepping forward with a quick spin away from her fist he grabbed her wrist and twisted, pulling her up to her feet, with Kopair facing her back and her arm twisted around in his grip to keep her upright.

Leaning forward he pressed close to her back and spoke softly into her ear, "Next step is to see if you can break my grip. Careful though, because a wrong move could potentially lead to a broken wrist. Not that I'd ever do that to such a lovely wrist of course," he added with a soft chuckle.

Kopair took to long though and so was caught off guard as her foot caught his ankle and pulled his leg out from under him, bringing them both to the ground with Veria on top. He grunted slightly at the impact but used the leverage he still had on her arm to flip her off of him and then rolled away.

"Very well done," he said with a smile for her. "Now let's try again. Something different this time."

Guest nephitess

IC:  As quickly as she moved, Veria was not fast enough. She suddenly found herself twisted around with her arm behind her. His grip was amazing! In a teasing way he whispered in her ear…

"Next step is to see if you can break my grip. Careful though, because a wrong move could potentially lead to a broken wrist. Not that I'd ever do that to such a lovely wrist of course,"

With a silent laugh, she breathed in and used all her force to hook his ankle and take him off balance. With a yelp they fell, with her ending up on top.  With one quick move Kopair tossed her off and jumped up. He took another stance and waited for her to get back up. Getting up she quickly relaxed her muscles and opened her mind to his movements.

Very well done," he said with a smile for her. "Now let's try again. Something different this time."

Ignoring his smile and watching his body for any hints of his next movement. Seeing him move to left she took the opening to slip past him. Using her momentum she twisted and put her elbow right between his shoulder blades, knocking him forward. While he was off balance she rushed at him and kicked him behind the right knee.  He was on his knees. Stepping away she let him up.

"Are you even trying??" she teased

OOC: feel free to knock her around a bit, thats why she's here! ;)

Watching Veria as she sprang to her feet he couldn't help but admire how quickly she recovered. There was real potential there, she just needed to learn the moves.  As she watched him he decided to test her reactions a little. He let the Spring flow through him and he flowed with it, feeling Veria as she fell for his feint. She slipped by and he let her go unhindred. He staggered forward as her elbow rammed into him and he took the tension off his knee to keep from taking any real damage as her foot brought him down.

She backed away and her pretended to stagger to his feet as she gloated behind him, "Are you even trying??"

"Not yet," he replied with a grin.

Before she could even realize what he had said, while kopair still had one hand on the ground, he used that arm as a pivot and swung around, his foot sweeping her feet out from under her and she landed on her back with the wind knocked out of her. Jumping at her Kopair grabbed Veria's foot with one hand, her calf with the other, and twisted, flipping her onto her stomach. Swinging around he planted his knees on her shoulder blades to keep her from using her arms and twisted her leg around to pin the other leg.

Resting his hand upon the bare skin at the small of her back where her shirt had come untucked, Kopair chuckled. "Now that was me trying."

Guest nephitess

IC: Before she fully understood what Kopair said, Veria found herself under him. He had her shoulder pinned with his knees and her legs still with his arm. His other hand was on the small of her back skin to skin.

This was a predicament…how should she get out of this one. Her arms were useless and so were her legs. If this was real enemy what would she do? Scream? Cry? Threaten? Maybe….but this was one who she felt found her pleasing to the eye. Go for the weakness was what she was always taught. HUmmmmm……

Moving her head so she could speak, she blew the dust out of her face and said quietly…

“You know that hand of yours…if it was any lower, it would be in a place that would get you into lots of trouble.”

From the corner of her eye she saw him look at his hand…it was at that moment that she flipped herself out from under him. With agility that she did not normally posses, she jumped up and kicked him in the stomach. With him on his back in the dirt she ran over and stepped on him as she straddled his torso. Looking at him she smiled and then pulled back her arm and landed the hardest punch she could to his cheek. 

“Ok, so you’re trying now. Good.”

Getting off him she let him up.  “I will let you know though…I’ve only been training for the past six months. Not that I want to show me any favoritism.”

Kopair let himself be distracted at Veria's words. He let himself feel the lithe figure under him and his eye traveled down her body. Suddenly he found her wisting out of his grasp as his grip on her leg slipped. With a speed and agility he hadn't expected she soon had him on his back in the dirt. He was still trying to focus again when he found her straddling him and landing a stiff jab to his face.

As Veria got back to her feet and backed away Kopair stood up and rubbed his cheek. There would be a bruise, that's for sure. Time to stop acting like an idiot or he'd never hear the end of it once the story got back to Liitha.  Shaking his head he wrapped himself in the Spring once more with an effort and settled his thoughts.

"Very well then," he said in a calm voice, a small grin on his face. "Six months is enough to learn the basics.  It's time to learn something a little more advanced then.  I'm going to pretend I'm an attacker that's snuck up on you from behind."

Walking over to Veria he stepped behind her and wrapped his arms around her tight, pressing close and pinning her armos to her side just below the elbow.

"Now, there's more then one part to this," he continued. "First, you need to bring your forearms up, bending your arms at the elbow, to get some slack in my grip.  As you do that you need to stomp on my foot until you get me to back off a little. Once you've got the room, slam your elbow into my stomach.  That should break this type of grip from most attackers, allowing you get free." Tightening his grip he readied himself. "Try it now."

Guest nephitess

IC: "Very well then, Six months is enough to learn the basics.  It's time to learn something a little more advanced then.  I'm going to pretend I'm an attacker that's snuck up on you from behind."

With a nod, Veria readied herself for the lesson. Kopair Stepped behind her and took on a more teacher like tone.

"Now, there's more then one part to this, First, you need to bring your forearms up, bending your arms at the elbow, to get some slack in my grip.  As you do that you need to stomp on my foot until you get me to back off a little. Once you've got the room, slam your elbow into my stomach.  That should break this type of grip from most attackers, allowing you get free.”

His tightening grip made her grunt her understanding. She could tell he was using most of his strength to hold her. Taking a breath she lifted herself and bent her arms, at the same time Veria kicked and stomped on Kopair's ankle and foot as hard as she could. She felt him jump back in small inches. Once she was far enough back she rammed her elbow into his stomach with a grunt of effort. This sent Kopair back and loosening his grip just a little, it was enough. She slipped out of his grip. With a look behind her she saw Kopairs friends still watching. They were all standing there with silly grins on their faces. Veria had a feeling Kopair was going to hear about this tonight. With a shake of her head she faced Kopair.

“Did I do ok?” She asked

Kopair staggered back and used the breathing exercises he was taught to recover his lost breath quickly he did his best to ignore his friends watching nearby. They'd all had their matches where they lost to women in the yard, and with his Mentor being a woman it was something he was used to. Still, he knew he'd hear about it.

“Did I do ok?” she asked.

"You did great," he replied with a smile. "Another tactic in that situation, if your attacker has their head directly behind you, is to jerk your head back hard into their face while delivering the kicks. If you strike true you could break their nose and the blood could help blind them, making it easier to incapacitate them once you've broken their grip."

Walking to the middle of the ring Kopair fell into a ready stance facing Veria again smiled at the bruise he felt forming on his shin. A very good study.

"Now I want you to rust at me head-on and try to plant a punch to my stomach. I want to show you some leverage flips."

He watched as Veria appraised him and then rushed forward with that quickness he admired so much.  She feinted to one side and then threw a jab, but Kopair was wrapped in the Spring and easily flowed with it. Reaching out he slid his hand down her arm to the elbow, twisted, and soon had veria down on the ground with her arm twisted straight behind her.  They practiced this a few times until it finally took all of Kopair's skill to avoid being thrown.

"You've a very good student," he said finally, with another smile for her as he looked into her eyes and saw how pleased she was with the compliment. "Next we're going to go over similar moves with attackers throwing kicks. The principals are basically the same, but grabbing the foot doe give extra leverage."

The spent some more time, and more bruises on Veria's part, as they ran throw the flips and throws over and over. Though he could tell the work was getting to her, he could tell she was getting more and more pleased with how well she was doing.

Guest nephitess

IC: ”You did great," he replied with a smile. "Another tactic in that situation, if your attacker has their head directly behind you, is to jerk your head back hard into their face while delivering the kicks. If you strike true you could break their nose and the blood could help blind them, making it easier to incapacitate them once you've broken their grip."

Walking to the middle of the ring Kopair fell into a ready stance facing Veria Grinned at the start of a bruise on his cheek. She was quite proud of that one.

"Now I want you to rush at me head-on and try to plant a punch to my stomach. I want to show you some leverage flips."

With the grin still on her lips she did as he directed. Running at full speed she made a quick small dodge to the left. Moving to the right she went to punch him but then found herself on the ground. She was surprised at how smoothly he moved. Getting back up Kopair explained to her what he had done. After a few more flips he changed the lesson to flipping when your attacker was kicking. At the end Veria was dusty and her hair was disheveled. Veria felt bruises coming on.

Brushing the stray hair out of her face she caught her breath. Standing straight she felt her body protest. Her time was coming short and she would have to leave soon. Judging by the sun she had about another hour before she needed to report to the library for her shift. She was going to be sore tomorrow! 

Kopair watched as Veria looked up at the sun adn did so himself. It was getting late and he had his own training to get to as well.  He decided to run Veria through a few quick exercises to improve her coordination and breathing, as well as how to take advantage of leverage.

"If you're going to find yourself in hand-to-hand combat with someone stronger then you, that strength can be difficult to overcome. Your best tools will be a knowledge of leverage, and of pressure points. Know how to break your attackers grip, how to slip under their guard, and the where to strike when you get in close."

Walking close to her he took her hand in his once more. "It's been a pleasure to work with you. Though a bit lacking in the training you said you'd give me in return," he added with a roguish grin. "Perhaps that's something we can look into later. What room in the barracksa re you housed in?"

Guest nephitess

IC: After a little more sparing and breathing exercise. Veria was spent. I’ll sleep well tonight she thought.  With a smile, Kopair gave her one more bit of advice.

"If you're going to find yourself in hand-to-hand combat with someone stronger then you, that strength can be difficult to overcome. Your best tools will be knowledge of leverage, and of pressure points. Know how to break your attackers grip, how to slip under their guard, and the where to strike when you get in close."

AS he said this he stepped closer and took her hand. He held it close to his chest. With a grinned he spoke again…

"It's been a pleasure to work with you. Though a bit lacking in the training you said you'd give me in return, Perhaps that's something we can look into later. What room in the barracks are you housed in?"

Veria’s heart raced and not because of the exertion of the afternoon.  Thankful that her red cheeks hide her blush, she pushed him away slightly with the pointer finger of her other hand. Continuing to look into his brown eyes, she smiled. 

“I don’t live in the barracks. My room is in the tower. The Accepted’s Halls to be exact.” Seeing the slight shock in his eyes she laughed “does that bother you?”

Kopair couldn't help but feel shocked.  An Accepted?  Light!  He'd heard all the rules and regulations about interacting with the women in the Tower. He know things could go badly wrong for them both. But it was too late now.  He couldn't help but want to see again this little Accepted before him. Her beautiful green eyes held him trapped for a moment as he pondered what to say.

"Bother me?  Not at all my Lady.  If anything it intrigues me even more. A strong woman is a woman to be treasured and one who is to become Aes Sedai can be no stronger." Tightening his grip on her hand to his chest he continued, knowing she could feel his heart beating as he felt her pulse quickening. "Though seeing you later in the barracks is obviously out of the question, I would be honored for the chance to see you again. Perhaps you'd be willing to meet me in the City some time?"

Guest nephitess

IC: "Bother me?  Not at all my Lady.  If anything it intrigues me even more. A strong woman is a woman to be treasured and one who is to become Aes Sedai can be no stronger."

With that whispered response Kopair squeezed her hand. Veria’s heart skipped a beat and she felt a little dizzy. 

"Though seeing you later in the barracks is obviously out of the question, I would be honored for the chance to see you again. Perhaps you'd be willing to meet me in the City some time?"

As the situation hit her in full a flood of shyness came over her. Lower her eyes she whispered….

“I would enjoy that very much. My free day is one week from today. Where do you propose we meet?”

"A week?  It will be a pain to wait so long to see your face again, but I look forward to it.  Meet me in the Ogier grove at mid-day, at the North end.  You'll see an entry into the Grove across the street from an Inn called The Last Stand. I'll find you there."

Reaching out with his other hand Kopair ran his finger's through Veria's soft red hair and tilted her head back too look him in the eyes. "I'm not normally like this with women. I may put on a front for fun, but never this far. But You're caught my eye, and though I can't explain it, I feel a connection with you." He moved his face closer to hers, until their lips almost touched, afraid she might pull away.

"Remember my name, Kopair Rialyn, and no that as of today I am yours to call. Perhaps some day when you are in need of a Warder you'll keep that in mind. And until then, I look forward to seeing you again."

Guest nephitess

IC: As she agreed to his plan Kopair reached out and brushed her hair and chin. Kopair’s finger felt like lightning against her skin.

"I'm not normally like this with women. I may put on a front for fun, but never this far. But you’ve caught my eye, and though I can't explain it, I feel a connection with you."

With that, Kopair moved closer until their faces were only a hairs breadth away. His lips were almost touching hers…his breath was like a caress on her lips. Her breath became deep, and she let out a sigh. Her head was swimming….

"Remember my name, Kopair Rialyn, and no that as of today I am yours to call. Perhaps some day when you are in need of a Warder you'll keep that in mind. And until then, I look forward to seeing you again."

With that He stepped back and gave a quick bow and went to his friends. Veria watched him as he walked away and felt her breath come back. With a groan she torn herself away and went to her library assignments. Her thoughts were filled with their last moment together for the rest of the day. 

OOC: Wow.....What a love story!!! This was amazing, thank you!!!

Kopair watched with a dazed smile on his face as Veria walked away toward the Tower. Now that was a woman he was very happy to have met. He kicked himself inside for not taking the kiss as he walked toward his friends and gathered up his coat. But he hadn't wanted to push things. He felt sure that things couldn't have ended better for them.

Gathering up his friends they moved toward the barracks and he thought about his upcoming meeting with Veria. Enduring their jibes he found himself hoping that Liitha wouldn't be taking him out on their training mission any time soon. He suddenly had something to look forward to other then training.

OOC: It was my pleasure, and I enjoyed myself greatly. :)  Until our first date. ;)