DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dreaming a Dream....

Kael

Jonathan quickly flicked open the top of the lighter he was carrying in his hand, producing the small column of fire that he had intended to create. He watched the flame sway lightly in the light breeze outside the school, passing his hand in front of it he forced it to grow, to move to his whim. Jonathan Page smiled. It gave him a rush every time he used this new found power, this ability to control fire as easily as he breathed. Though he was also trying to hide it, he held the lighter casually..to those around him it wasn't strange, they all knew how much of a pyro he was...walking around with a lighter was normal for him.

He passed a hand over the flame and idly snuffed it out as he walked..and then another wave and the flame grew taller than it had been when he first lit the thing...amazing. Jonathan sought thrills and danger like a moth to well...a flame, and the ability to control a flame was both right at his own finger tips. Though it was distracting this day, his shoulder connected with someone elses in a hard collision..."Watch it buddy." Jonathan barked out a laugh and stretched himself up to his full height, looking at the preppy little rich boy right in the eye. "Why don't you, go ask your daddy to buy you the sidewalk if you don't like other people walking on it."

The other kid took an aggresive step foreward...Jonathan matched, fortunately neither of them really wanted to do anything in front of the school where they could be caught so easily. Pity..Jonathan was hoping he would have gotten to 'defend' himself. Instead he got to shake his head and turn around to continue walking, pulling out his lighter and flicking the light back on..trying to see if he could get it to move without having to use his hand this time...

Jonathan Page

Pyro

Clutching her notes from English, Ella headed out of her last class, saying goodbye to Janna as she went looking for Jonathan. It wasn't unusual for him to skip class, and like most times when he did, she felt compelled to give him her notes so he wouldn't fall too far behind. It was a strange friendship given how very different they were, but they always got on well enough. Not a risk taker herself, Ella didn't feel the need to try and calm him down and restrain him like so many others. If that was who he was, well so be it. Besides, he'd never laughed at her geeky imagination, and seemed to appreciate her help in school.

It didn't take long before she found him, making some trouble for one of the more popular rich kids. Rolling her eyes, she picked up her pace. "Jonathan, wait up!" She was smiling as she approached him, adjusting her backpack as she fell into step behind him. "I thought you might like my notes from English." Her eyes sparkled with amusement, but she didn't comment on why he had been absent. It was none of her business.

Pushing her glasses back onto her nose, she watched as Jon played idly with his lighter. They didn't live far from one another, so it was not unusual for them to walk together on occasion. Usually Jon was bubbling with excitement for some recent stunt he had pulled, but today he was a little more subdued than usual. "Get up to anything interesting today Jon? Light anything on fire?" The last was half-joking, she didn't suppose he had, but then again, the way he was eyeing his lighter...well maybe he was itching to burn something. He was a bit of a pyromaniac.

Ella

Jonathan snapped his lighter closed and jerked his head up as he was torn from his little world of fire, he stopped and turned his head enough to see that it was Ella running up behind him, he smiled lightly in response to her own as she came up next to him. "Ahh sweet, thanks Ella. Probobly need these for the test on Friday...which means I'll actually have to show up on Friday." Jonathan rolled his eyes and muttered a few curse words for his opinion of English. He didn't really do anything while he skipped English, he just didn't want to go.

"Get up to anything interesting today Jon? Light anything on fire?" Jon chuckled lightly to himself and flicked his lighter back on. It was an interesting question, he hadn't lit anything on fire really..had just found out an interesting new way to do that..."Unfortunately no Ella..though I wouldn't mind setting a few things in Ms. Walsh's room..." He gave Ella a sly wink as she rolled his eyes at him.

Jon smiled to himself and let his gaze fall back to the flame in front of him. He let himself forget for a moment that Ella was there beside him and he forced it to grow and shrink a little. He lost himself a little in the fire and it wasn't until Ella gave him a little nudge that he realised what he was doing, how rude it seemed. "Oh sorry Ella, just a bit distracted today it seems." Jon shook his head and gave his old, albiet strangely paired, friend. "So I heard something rather interesting today..who's the new boy? ehh?" Jonathan gave her a little teasing nudge and forced a smile at that prospect.

Jonathan

Damon walked across the soccer field. He had just gotten out of his first session with the guidance counselor. Ms Bernes was pretty nice, -if she didn’t spend the whole time trying to get into my head- Damon thought. Most of the kids liked her because she really did make you feel like she understood you. But Damon made damn sure she did not leave with any information he didn’t want her to have. Questions on his family he answered with a curt…”Everything was fine at home” Questions about acting out in school and the friends he hung out with he would answer with a “Nothings wrong, just a few thing to deal with. I’ll do better, I promise.” She didn’t look convinced when he left…But she did remind him that they were meeting every day for the next two weeks.

So Damon left in a funky mood. He slogged across the field and spotted Jon walking down the sidewalk. To boy was looking at his fire again. Damon shook his head. Damon thought Jon was alright, but kindof a trip. He was always doing crazy stuff, Hoppin roofs, boarding down sandy hills, playin with his lighter. Damon still had the shirt that Jon accidentally lit while he was playing around with the stupid thing. He still didn’t know why he didn’t get even a scorch mark on his skin. Still, Jon was a friend, though Damon could never tell where he stood with him. Damon was always on his guard with him, not knowing what the dude was going to do next.

Ella ran up to Jon and started talking to him. Damon was still mad at her…going out with Matt so-and-so the III. He and his friends tormented Damon endlessly in gym, on court and whenever they could. He couldn’t believe that he would treat Ella the way he should. Damon had visions of that Stephen King book, Carrie. Ella and matt going out and them making fun of her and being totally ruthless. She would snap!

Damon ran and caught up with the two as Jon was saying "So I heard something rather interesting today..who's the new boy? ehh?"

“Don’t encourage her, Jon!” Damon said from behind them “She shouldn’t trust Connelly the III. He is all looks and no personality.” Ella shot him a glare. “Don’t look at me like that! He is going to hurt you…and then I’ll have to slap him down, they’ll send me to the principal, I’ll be expelled which will ruin my chances of ever passing my classes. Because I never passed, they’ll kick me outta school and I’ll be living off the state…homeless, and all because you wouldn’t listen to good sense!”

She gave that girly “Hmph!” and turned back toward Jon.

“C’mon, Jon…Back me up here!” Jon was older than Damon…taller and likely smarter. Damon thought she might listen to him.

Damon

Jon could say he was surprised at the idea and had no hesitance to show it...the fact that he did so in an over obvious and slightly theatrical way..well that's how he was around Ella. "Well then...I would have expected.." Jon switched to his most outrageous snobby accent he could muster.."Master Connely the Third." Jon laughed and gave Ella a little nudge to know he was joking by the redness creeping onto her cheeks. Beneath his teasing and dislike for the guy he knew that it would make Ella happy and because of that he would put a bright face upon the idea. She had never judged him, nor had tried to stop him, so who was he to do anything but that same?

Jon turned his gaze over to Damon for the moment trying to think of what to say back the smaller boy. He had thought Damon to be a little odd at times..but then again he wasn't exactly normal either, and could never understand why he had the liking for the guy as he did. He had some odd and unexpected friendships all around the school it seemed, this just happened to be one of them.

"You should at least give the guy a chance Damon, we may not think too highly of him but he may turn out and surprise us." Jon gave Damon a wink and leaned in closer but didn't bother with lowering his voice. "I mean the poor guy lost enough sense to ask Ella out on a date after all..." Which earned him a full forced smack over the arm from Ella and a very womanly glare at his little poke at her. "But don't go beating him up for his err in judgement I think, no offence bud...the football team would likely snap you in half afterwards." Jon shook his head and shot Ella friendly smile to make sure his little tease was smoothed over and she knew that he was happy for her. And he was, it was good to see such a good friend get what she wanted from a guy..for the time being at least.

Jon

Ella couldn't help but blush as Jon teased her, nudging her in that friendly way. On the verge of evading the issue almost entirely, Damon ruined any chance of that, catching up to the two and throwing in his two cents. Ella had never expected such a response from everyone over one simple date. Was it really so remarkable that she could catch Matthew's attention? Was she that ugly and boring? Well no, she didn't think so. Besides, it hadn't take much to catch his eye, in the end. Dreaming really was a wonderful thing. Aware that the direction her thoughts were turning was making her blush again, she clamped down on her thoughts.

Rolling her eyes, Ella harumphed loudly and let the two continue, knowing well enough that neither would simply drop their fun until they'd had their fill. Still, Jon deserved the slap that she dealt him, despite the fact that she knew he was joking with her. He did that with her a lot, joking and teasing her playfully.

"Is it so outrageous to think that I am so drop dead gorgeous that Matt just had to ask me out? I never knew you guys had such low opinions of me!" She grinned, unable to hold a straight face. "Pair of bastards," she muttered as they laughed, shifting her backpack and trying not to blush again. "Anyway, it's just a date." With that, Ella deftly changed the subject, and the three chatted idly as they continued walking; well Ella and Damon did, Jon was a lot quieter than normal.

Soon enough they reached Ella's street and she waved goodbye to her friends, wondering at Jon's odd expression as she walked the short distance to her front door. Yelling a hello to whoever was home to hear her, Ella dashed up to her room, dumping her bag on her bed and turning on her computer in one motion. Her first priority for ages had been to write in her private blog, before anything else after school. She always thought that if she wrote down her dreams and thoughts, they would come true. Well that was until her recent discoveries in the dream world anyway, but habits were habits.

Blog out of the way, Ella turned to her homework, though her mind kept wandering to the events of recent nights, to how much she had learned. There was so much yet to explore. She was distracted from her thoughts by an alert on her computer as Pyrofreak signed in, causing her to push aside her only half completed work and turn back to her computer. She smiled to herself as she opened a new window to instant msg Jon's alter ego.

Dreamerell says:

Hey freak, what's burning?

• 5 weeks later...

John sighed softly as he threw his back pack onto his bed and fell into the chair that sat in front of the desk with his small laptop on top of it. He shook his head to himself and forcibly made his hand lay down the lighter that he had barely turned off for the entire day. This entire thing was just wierd...he couldn't have been imagining it..could he? No..of course not, the image of the flame growing to a level that could only have been done if he told it too rose in is mind. Better now to distract his mind and think about the whole thing later on.

Homework then? Jonathan snorted at the prospect of actually doing his homework early or at home. He had learned well how to finish his work sometime in the small hours of the morning and at school whenever he had the chance. Instead he pressed the power button on his laptop planning to see what he could find surfing around the internet. On instinct he signed into the messanger he used, before realising the mistake. He wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone, but when a conversation window popped up he simply turned his status to busy so no one else would bother him. At least he did enjoy Ella's conversation.

Dreamerell says:

Hey freak, what's burning?

Pyrofreak says:

Freak? Well I can see that I'm surely loved :p

Just trying to distract the mind, been a wierd day

John couldn't help rolling his eyes for the countless time at his rather childish name, he had picked it when he was a lot younger and had just not wanted to go through the hassle of changing everything to another name. Still it worked though, and the irony it had with his current problem. Pyrofreak... But he didn't really want to talk about it even with Ella so he attempted to change the where the conversation was heading.

Pyrofreak says:

So when's the big date? I'd bet you're just going to end up stuck at a football game ;)

It was pretty terrible of him to keep teasing Ella about being asked out again, but he couldn't help himself. He did so enjoy teasing her, though it was only because they were so close. That and he was rather interested in how it had all transpired. Jonathon found it passing odd that out of the blue someone like Matt would ask Ella out when Jonathan thought he barely glanced at her before, and with his small opinion of the man he wouldn't hold it over him to ask Ella out as a joke. But even as he thought about it he berated himself. Ella had put it correctly, maybe his thinking was just from a small pang of jealousy that arose at the thought.

Jonathan