DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT anime series?

siterock

With it, you can ensure all the story arcs and side arcs are intact. It would be more like an ongoing series, cut to length. You could pick and choose when and where to watch.

The character aspect is something I had not considered. It is really great that you get internal thoughs from the characters.

But seriously, hire English speaking people that correlate with the speech patterns RJ listed on which ever site that was and you are good to go.

But seriously, hire English speaking people that correlate with the speech patterns RJ listed on which ever site that was and you are good to go.

What ever site <i>was</i> that?  I'm new to WoT fandom.  I'm on my 2nd read of the series, and I'm just now exploring this site..

oh, and thanks guys for the positive feedback.

• 3 years later...

Does anybody else agree that an anime series would be an amazing format to present the WoT series?  Has such a thing ever been discussed before?  I'm new around here, so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere.

siterock

If we are talking about true anime art (not the cheesy images on the book cover - honestly, I had to buy a book cover after someone saw the one with Rand's image on it and accused me of reading "ladies romance lit - ughhh, so shameful) Then I would love to see an anime version of WOT! I would gladly take that task upon myself if I were talented enough to make it justice. But I do have great respect for anime (whoever dismisses it so lightly, is not well familiar with the art) for it's the only form of story telling that transcends the language barrier and shows emotion and detail like no movie ever would. I have already fed the idea to some of the Japanese anime artists while traveling through Asia, but to be honest, it's an enormous task (and responsibility). If someone does gather enough guts to go through with the project, I'll be the first one to get it ;)

I would love to see WoT done in this fashion. However, a good team would need to do it. I just recently started watching anime and though i used to think it dumb, there are some great ones out there. I now have several animes that i like more than movies, because of the amount of storyline you can put into them. But for ever good anime i find i do find 5 that suck.

I love anime, but no, simply no. Imagine, just imagine, how horridly drawn out the romances would be with the females through the medium of anime? No, I'm sorry, I love anime, but I do not want to see Egwene blushing for about 2 minutes for filler.

• 2 weeks later...

I never really understood the appeal of Anime.. I have seen a lot of what friends of mine call good or some of the best anime that has been made, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather either read a story and actually have an imagination, or see live action - which is fun in my opinion because actors and actresses (as well as everyone else involved) have to actually show real emotion, etc. I can appreciate that people enjoy watching anime and what not, but I just don't get the same reaction from it.

Archived