DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introduction to the Witch and First Touch (attn Levana)

Eqwina

The once gray walls shone with a fresh coat of cream colored paint and all of her chairs had been painted black with a new lily print fabric covering the seats. Though this room had been hers for more years than she dared admit she had never before taken time to redecorate. The gray walls and dingy fabrics had suited her gloomy mood. Silver vases lined her mantle each filled with a different type of flower, and even her gilded stand lamps were carved to resemble vines. In all it had cost a small fortune, a small fortune she wished she had back.

The gloomy walls would be more suited to her new life, but she could not very well destroy all the work she had just done.

Eqwina had filled her wardrobe with all new dresses, everyone a fine cut silk. Though she was spending rather flamboyantly on petty things it would not be wise for anyone to think her foolish. She owed Maegan a great debt for the “service” she had provided, but Eqwina had finally come into her own and was holding her head high and acting every bit the Aes Sedai. Her emerald eyes had become deep chasms, blank of all emotion. She had learned to let go of the past and hide her feelings from any and everyone.

There was a gentle tap on her door, nearly swallowed by the bells as they rang High. “ Enter Levana, congratulations, it seems you will avoid a visit to the Mistress of Novices for being tardy” Eqwina went and sat at a small table she had placed in front of the window. She preferred to teach out doors but the wind held too much of a chill and the sky promised more rain. Levana followed meekly; it seemed as if the girl had lost all of the defiance she had found the day before.

“ Sit, I want you too tell me everything you know of the one power”

Eqwina got up and poured herself a cup of chilled wine and sat down across from the child waiting…

OOC: Just post a reply telling me the basics of what you know and and I will explain more in detail, then we can move on to touching the source:D

• 2 weeks later...

Levana sat on the chair Eqwina Sedai pointed at, and immediately as she was told to tell what she knew about the One Power, she started to think of a Power given by the Dark One to wicked people, women, who served him. She forced her mouth shut and devised a more neutral answer to the question. The sister who had taken to the Tower had not bothered the trouble to teach her much on the way. The woman had tried a few times, but when it was obvious Levana would not listen, had simply ignored the girl, telling her she would not get away with her little ideas during her training. Levana believed her now, after meeting Eqwina, a sister who was obviously set on making her into one of them. A slight frown of disgust passed over her face as she looked at the Yellow, a Darkfriend who could channel the One Power, one who would work hard to recruit her to serve the Shadow. Levana quickly blanked out the expression and smiled meekly at Eqwina before replying, not quite managing to hide the fearful disgust of the Power, of herself.

"The One Power is a power provided by.." she coughed and hesitated for a few seconds, "... the Creator, it's got something to do with the turnings of the wheel of time, or some such..."

She trailed off, her brains working on high speed to remember the fragments that hadn't trailed off during the little talks she had been given on her way north.

"Aes Sedai channel the female half of the One Power, it's called Saidar, while male channelers channel Saidin, the male half. Men who can channel go mad."

She stopped there, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. She felt like she didn't know anything at all, and hated to admit it.

Eqwina’s eye blazed like the sun and her knuckles were white from gripping her cup. This child thought she could fain acceptance and meekness, she would soon learn that lying to an Aes Sedai was the gravest of mistakes.

“It seems you have only the barest knowledge, attend and I will tell you more” Her voice was dry and held not even a hint compassion. With the ease that only came from years on practice Eqwina embraced the source and used a small amount of air to flick the child’s ear.  “Oh and I would advise you not to lie again, next time will be much more painful” The last she added as almost an after thought.

Eqwina could still see the defiant stare that lingered in the girl’s eyes; and she smiled. Levana obviously thought her self protected from her by the three oaths. If this child ever found out that Eqwina was under no such constraint she would run for the hills. She could not help but smile wickedly as the told the girl about the One Power.

“ The One Power is drawn from the True Source, it consists of Saidar and Saidin. Saidin is the male half of the One Power and has been tainted since the Time of Madness. No man can touch it without going more and or getting the wasting sickness. The body simply rots slowly it is a very painful way to die.

Saidar was left untainted, but is still far from safe. If proper control is not learned it is possible to burn yourself out or even die. But do not worry if you listen to your teachers you will be quite safe.

Saidar consists of five treads, each named according to what can be done with them. Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Spirit, and they are formally called the Five Powers. Everyone will have different strengths among these; most often in women either air or water will be their strongest. Men always had more strength when working with Fire or Earth, Spirit is shared equally.”

Eqwina paused and took a long swallow of her wine. “ I think that is enough for today, I have two assignment for you, due when I see you tomorrow. We will meet here again.” She shuffled through her notes to find the name she needed. “ One paper is to be on the One Power, you may choose our focus. It can be on the dangers or more information on the Five Powers, whatever you choose. Also I would like you to go find Reneca, she is an Accepted of a height with you and has flame red hair. Ask around, she is expecting you. She’ll tell you the story of what happened to her sister, who drew too much of the power. I want a detailed report”

Levana did not moved, instead she sat staring at her hands. With Saidar Eqwina raised the child’s chin so her eyes were forced to meet her own. “The sooner you surrender to what you will be the sooner you will be happy.”

OOC: Reneca is a made up Accepted I use in my Saidar posts. Simply write a horror story about a girl burning herself out. And then a short response paper to the other “assignment”