DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

help-Moiraine TGH

Blue

Thanks for your help. ;D I was refering to her "disappearence" in Fal Dara before the amyrlin arrives. I knew she was avoiding Rand i just thought because of the quote she had actually left Fal Dara because we had been told previously that she was avoiding Rand and i was just wondering where she went. :-[

Though they are very limited to the perception and knowledge of a person, they are, perhaps, connected to the Portal Stone Worlds.

Remember, Nynaeve saw that she was going to marry Lan. Now perhaps she had already thought she loved him, and just never said anything, but by the same token, perhaps those rings might have given her a glimpse of what was to come.

Guest cwestervelt

There was also that slight tendency of Lan's to get under Nynaeve's skin just be being in the general area.  Which is what Moiraine picked up on, possibly before Nynaeve herself ever did.

AMOL Spoiler:

Moiraine marries Thom in the tower of genghi(sp?) as a sort of trickery to the eelfinn in order to win at Snakes & Foxes.  Hence the music, metal, and whatnot.  Music for the wedding... Metal rings...(out on a a thin limb here I know)

I was just ranting a second ago, but now I have a question...  What items do we know moiraine & Lanfear had on their persons when they entered the doorway?  Moiraine had the metallic serpent ring but what about Lanfear/Cyndane? Did any ter'angreal make it in w/LF?

Guest cwestervelt

She was wearing an angreal bracelet that looked like a woman bending over backwards and grabbing her heels.

Actually, she had only been holding it in her hands, not wearing it.  Unless me memory deceives me, Moiraine had actually taken it away from her before they went through the Doorway.

Ok, I wasn't sure. That's why I said "I think" a couple of times. :) On my current reread I'm only at the start of tDR, so my memory of those events are a bit fuzzy. In my mind, when it said she was turning it in her hand, I saw her with it around her wrist adn turning it while wearing it. Just wanted to explain where I was coming from. :)

Archived