DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] The Guild of Blades Summons Kristine - Repost

DeathDealer

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: [botRH] The Guild of Blades Summons Kristine   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day is bright with clouds skirting across the sun high above. The forest trees are full with fresh green leaves that sway in the steady, cooling breeze. A well-used path leads away from the camp and deep into the woods. Lining the path are banners alternating the Band’s Red Hand, and the Infantry’s crossed swords. The path winds deep into the forest and the trees grow larger, older, and more spaced apart. The ground is covered in soft moss, and the sun is almost unseen under the thick canopy above. The land begins to slope up and down, and a forest brook can be heard babbling not far away. Suddenly the path crests a rise and below the banners widen to encircle a glade at the bottom of a bowl. The trees above provide shade to the area, but errant streaks of sunlight glint of the armor of Banders garbed in full, burnished armor. Two rows of Infantry soldiers in full plate armor face each other to continue the path to the center of the glade. At the very end of the double row of soldiers, just before the fast flowing stream stand three Infantry officers in burnished plate. Attached to their armor are midnight black cloaks with a bright red liner. On the breastplates on the left front is a Red Hand, with the Blademaster design engraved on the opposite side. Behind the three officers is a large, smooth, stone table with several items on it. Grim looks over at Rhian and Gala and nods to them.

Mystica

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gala returns the nod at Grim and steps forward, facing the glade, the infants gathered and the opening to the two rows of soldiers standing as if frozen in place. A sudden gust of wind catches her cloak and it flows open wide behind her, emphasising the shine of her armour.

KRISTINE! You are summoned to stand before the Guild of Blades! STEP FORWARD!

Kristine

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:     

Kristine had prepared for this day meticulously. Her armor shone bright, her hair was washed and combed and held back in place with a red band. The boots were shined to an excellent gleam that would have made her former sergeant proud of her. She brushed invisible dust from the insignia of rank on her shoulder and touched the hilts of Thelma and Louise that sat as part of her on her hips.

With head held high and no emotion showing, she stepped forward to the summons of Blademaster Gala. This was a day that she had long anticipated, and though she was feeling proud and antsy, Kristine kept her steps calm and steady and when she stood before the three blademasters, she went down to a knee, pressed her fist to the moss carpeted forest glade and said in a clear voice.

As you have called, so I do come. I stand ready.

DeathDealer

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:     

Grim announces in a loud voice that reaches the far side of the glade to every Bander’s ear.

Hopeful Kristine, kneel and submit to the judgment of the Guild!

Once she kneels, Grim continues

Kristine, you have come before the Guild of Blades to receive the title of Blademaster! Before you receive this I charge you with four duties: Guard the Band and its ideals, guard the Infantry and our traditions, guard your fellow soldiers and their lives, and finally, guard the innocent as if their lives were your own until strength is gone, until blade is dull, until your life is lost. Do you accept these duties of a Blademaster?

Kristine

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject:     

In a clear voice Kristine replies.

I accept the charge. I will guard the Band and its Ideals, I will guard the Infantry and our traditions, I will guard my fellow soldiers and their lives, and guard the innocent as if their lives were my own till strength is gone, till blade is dull until my life be lost, I swear this upon my hope of salvation and rebirth.

Taymist

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject:     

Blademaster Rhian, sun glinting off her full silver dress armour, face serious on such an occasion, raises her voice to carry over the slight wind.

Kristine, present Thelma and Louise!

Kristine draws Thelma and Louise and holds them up to Rhian. She and Gala take the weapons and set them on the stone table. Lifting a stamp made of Heart Stone, and a mallet, Rhian sets the stamp on the blade of Thelma and strikes it with the mallet. Lightening flashes in the sky from the approaching storm as sparks issue from the stamp striking the blade. Rhian turns the blade over and once again sets the stamp and strikes it. She then hands the stamp and mallet to Gala who repeats the process on Louise. Hefting the newly marked blades, Rhian and Gala hand Thelma and Louise back to Kristine, who sees with amazement the Herons marked on either side at the base of the blades. Rhian sees her look of wonder and explains.

This stamp is made with the Power and will leave the mark of the Heron on any blade, no matter what that blade is made of, be it Heart Stone, steel, or Mythril.

DeathDealer

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: 

With these blades come two things: The Blademaster pin.

Footy retrieves a small cushion from the stone table. Lowering it before Kris, she sees

BMPinandCushion.jpg

Taking the pin, Rhian secures it to the sash that crosses the front of Kris’s own breast plate.

The next thing to come with these blades and that pin is your naming day. Kristine, Baijan'Din of the Infantry, member of the Guild of Blades, and Blademaster, state your Master Name in a clear and loud voice for all to hear and know.

Kristine

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject:     

Addressing not only her fellow blademasters, but the band as a whole, Kristine spoke loud and clear.

The Blademaster name I choose is Aislinnis, meaning dreamer or visionary.

DeathDealer

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject:     

Stand and be recognized!! Banders!! I present you the newest Blademaster of The Band of the Red Hand!!!

Blademaster Kristine Aislinnis!!!

Congrats, Aislinnis! Well deserved and well earned!!!

Mystica

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Blademaster Galadriel stood at the front of the line of Infantry soldiers together with the other Officers and as Blademaster Grim pronounced the RLO as Blademaster, she raised her voice.

Infantry! Salute!

As one, all Infantry blades, right down to the Recruits with their training blades, snapped up in salute. Hilt held with both hands at mid level, blade pointing up in a straight line.

Infantry! Present Arms!

A swoosh was heard as the gathered regiment swung their blades in a complicated series of forms, twirling the blades rapidly, ending with each hilt pointing forward, blade horizontally pointing towards the holder with the tip vanishing under the right armpit, arm held out straight and rigid.

Stepping forward to stand in front of Kristine, Galadriel performed the same ritual with Windsinger, ending with it's hilt pointing straight at Kris.

Bajai'Din Kristine, Blademaster Aislinnis, the Infantry congratulate you on achieving our highest rank. We offer you our gratitude for the oaths you have taken, the responsibility you have accepted and the sacrifices you will endure. Today is a proud and fine day for the Infantry of the Band of the Red Hand!

Infantry! Salute!

Again as one, all infants snapped their swords into a swirling motion. Bringing their swords up in front of them and swooping them down and sideways ending in one smooth move sheathing the blade. Performing the motion with the rest, Gala followed suit, a huge grin on her face.

Congratulations Kris! I just know that with your presence our counsils will be all the more lively, interesting and may the Light preserve those poor Hopeful that dare to approach you with a kilt!  :twisted: 

Infantry! Brew Time!

A deafening roar errupted as the formations broke and every Infant came forward to congratulate their newest Blademaster.

Taymist

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:     

Following the formal Salute, Tay walked over to face the newest Blademaster with a glint in her eye.

Well hun, can they cope with 3 of us? Her gaze included Myst before she laughed.Congratulations, long awaited and well earned. 

*hugs tight and hands a brew*

PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Kristine

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject:     

Blademaster Aislinnis accepted the brew, the hugs, and the laughter.

Thank you... and it has been long in coming... but it was well worth the wait. It's honored I am to have the rank, and grateful I am for the brew!

DeathDealer

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject:     

*Counts the lady Masters and counts himself as the lone male.*

I need drinks! Lots of drinks!!

Corki

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:     

Congratulation from the Marshal-General!!!

*passes Kris several M-G Brews*

Kara_J

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:     

Congratulations Blademaster Aislinnis! *hugs her, careful not to spill brew or mark the gleaming armour*  ;)

Cu'chulainn

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject:     

kudos!! i hope i can one day acheive greatness

Mystica

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject:     

*perks up* What's this? fresh meat?

*looks Cu over up and down while slowely walking circles around him, a slow mysterious smile spreading*

well hello there...

Taymist

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:     

*looks at her fellow Blademasters*

Shows promise this one does.... one day learn he may...

*nods wisely and looks over with interest*

*hands Kris another brew for good measure*

Cu'chulainn

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:     

you'll find that this meat is tougher than an old boot

Mystica

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject:     

tough guy huh?

we looooooooooooooooooooove tough guys, don't we Ladies? *grins at Tay, Kris and Kara*

*eyes Footy in his Pink Loin Cloth, 12th on his knees shining Tay's sunday boots, Kell hiding in his bunker, Kie still leaning against that pillar in utter silence, Apollo rushing in to put a cd on the player before rushing off again with frantic look on face, Duinn sulking over his horns being pulled and no respect for evillooking bàd guys*

Yup, we just completely LOVE them!

Cu'chulainn

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:     

:o *gulp* yeah...um...ill just...be over there...getting drunk

Mystica

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:     

*grins and has a recruit see to it that Culan's supply of Guinnies is kept up*

That's the spirit!

You'll need all of that to prepare for the absolutely amazing and totally mindblowing SPIEL that Corki will put up for you.

Auld Manriva

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject:     

*The Auld Man strides from the shadows, and stopping before Kris he makes a leg. While flourishing his trinket encrusted head scarf in one hand, his other in a fist, he pounds to his heart. With a gleam in his sea blue eyes, he looks into her eyes with a half face smile*

"Blade Master Aislinnis..... I recalls it being M'Lady, and will it be ever so to your humble pirate. I know this has been a goal of yours since before I boarded this boat and it swells my heart to see ya' finally makin' it ta' sea so ta' speak. My hearty congratulations to ya' darlin' lass...

twinflower

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject:     

*slips Cuch a bandy* don't mind them...you're with the cav this week..*grins*

*looking across the grounds at Kris...memories of a time in the Kafe..singing songs, being welcomed and made to feel at home, sitting in the forge admiring the scenery and becomeing part of the Thirds, a tear swells in Twinnie's eyes, stepping forward, she sinks into a deep curtsey and offers the new Blademaster a single, perfect red rose*

Congratulations My Third!!

*grins, bounces,hugs and smooches* WOO HOOO!!!!

Kristine

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject:     

Smiling greatly at all who have come to the party, Kris smiles and returns hugs.

"Thank you, Riva my dearest, thank you Cu, and Twin... my dear, thank you so much."

Archived