DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dune!

Delenn

It's been ages since I read the books but I seem to remember a decent amount. I got about halfway into book 5, I think. That was Heretics Of Dune. I did have to look it up though. 😅 I have also really enjoyed the adaptations that have been done. So, am I the only one who is excited about the release? And is anyone doing a reread or a rewatch of any of the Dune movies in advance? In general, let's talk Dune! 🤩

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished a re-read of the first three books. I do that every now and then. I've also watched the first movie time and again, trying to work out why it's so dreadful and yet so enjoyable. Likewise for the SyFy channel adaption of it.

I haven't enjoyed the posthumous books at all. Some were positively dreadful, and some were just tolerable. I think that Dreadful Duo should've left Frank Herbert's legacy alone.

I really need to do a reread. And a SciFi movie weekend! That one is my favorite personally. That shot at the end of the twins in the throne room! :wub: And Leto II's speech! He really got the intonation on that one. Even though the scene was just a bit different than I remember it! :laugh:

image.jpeg.fa031b41e29afe958b0b61625b3da734.jpeg

Edited by Delenn
added picture!

• 1 month later...