DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Could Rand have achieved every prophesy?

Scarloc99

Rand managed to achieve the Aiel, Aes Sedai and Sea Folk prophesies but, until the last battle brought them to the war? We as readers and Rand where seemingly unaware even of the Sharan prophesies. 

Now Demandred takes advantage of that to

form a Sharan army for the Dark Lord, but, was it Demandred who was always prophesied to be Bao or could Rand have also taken that crown. 

Alternatively, was Rand only ever destined to achieve some of the prophesies, if he gains the Sharans does he not gain the Aiel and is it they who appear out of nowhere led by a forsaken? 

Edited by Sir_Charrid

Now there is a thought.

Initially, I would have said no way - the Sharans are too different than his conservative back-water ways.

But so were the Aiel, Sea Folk, and just about everyone else he met to greater or lesser degrees.  He managed to work with them all - some more successfully than others.

Edited by DojoToad

• Community Administrator
51 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

Rand managed to achieve the Aiel, Aes Sedai and Sea Folk prophesies but, until the last battle brought them to the war? We as readers and Rand where seemingly unaware even of the Sharan prophesies. 

Now Demandred takes advantage of that to

form a Sharan army for the Dark Lord, but, was it Demandred who was always prophesied to be Bao or could Rand have also taken that crown. 

Alternatively, was Rand only ever destined to achieve some of the prophesies, if he gains the Sharans does he not gain the Aiel and is it they who appear out of nowhere led by a forsaken? 

I think the only ones that mattered were the Aiel & the Karaethon cycle.

The Seanchan ones were warped over the centuries, and it's entirely plausible that the ones in Shara were also warped.

I don't know if all the "prophecies" were rooted in the Karaethon cycle.

15 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Now there is a thought.

Initially, I would have said no way - the Sharans are too different than his conservative back-water ways.

But so were the Aiel, Sea Folk, and just about everyone else he met to greater or lesser degrees.  He managed to work with them all - some more successfully than others.

I mena Ta'verean 🙂 

Seems like the Sharan ones were warped and sort of suggest the Wyld would oppose the Dragon.  The companion just says Dem exploited and fulfiiled the prophecy of the Wyld while in Shara looking for that artifact he had.  Moghi at the end tried to control them by showing no one could sense her channeling.  So, it seems like to fulfill it Dem had to use the True Power so he couldn't be detected channeling and would seem like what he was doing was miracles.  It's unlikely Rand would have ever had the knowledge or skill to fulfill prophecies he knew nothing of.