DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How are you celebrating tonight?

DojoToad

The seals on the Dark One's prison will not survive the night's festivities...

IMG_0136.jpg.be2c7924ee743c5bc1f5af9ba5b84dde.jpg

Have some approximations of oosquai (left) and Tam's brandy (right)  along with appropriately spicy Aiel snacks:

IMG_0137.jpg.cc6fdb1f5937d463ff3b77051ac4241c.jpg

Gave my wife a reason to smile this morning.  I'm surprised she stopped laughing long enough to take the pictures - but she claims to love my geekiness.  I'm not so sure...

IMG_0140.jpg.3b8ef0f5c531783d5eab6c38771dd6aa.jpg

Will pick up a Bloomin' Onion and some Chinese food closer to show time.

What are the rest of you doing?

Edited by DojoToad

Working till 20:00, waiting with anticipation to see if the the show actually drops at 18:00.  Use all of my willpower to actually work those last 2 hours instead of trying to watch the show on my phone.

If the show actually drops I am gonna pickup my wife and head over to our buddies place and force all 3 to watch it with me.

Edited by Skipp
Adjusted time to 24h

Nice work on the cookies!

I'm not going to make it over to the liquor store for brandy, but I did pick up some good brown ale. The stew in the crock pot will have been simmering for 9 hours by the time I get home from work, and I expect the dog will have her nose up in the air sniffing all day

11 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

@DojoToad

Celebrate tonight? Does it not drop at 7 pm EST tomorrow for ya?

Or are you preemptively partying?

Word on the street is 7pm Eastern tonight.  No firm confirmation other than past practice for Amazon.  But if it is tomorrow, then yes, preemptively partying!

• Community Administrator
13 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

@DojoToad

Celebrate tonight? Does it not drop at 7 pm EST tomorrow for ya?

Or are you preemptively partying?

10 minutes ago, mogi68 said:

People are saying that the episodes will likely drop at midnight GMT on the 19th, which is 7PM EST tonight

What Mogi said.

Prime's done it for a lot of shows in the past, where they'll say "Drops on the XXth!" and it drops ~5 hours before midnight in America.

I think they get more global views within this 36 hour period, then if they were to wait 24 hours to release it during American prime time Friday.

https://amazonadviser.com/2021/11/18/the-wheel-of-time-coming-amazon-tonight/

We’re so very close to watching the first three episodes of The Wheel of Time Season 1. The episodes arrive on Amazon Prime Video tonight.

Midnight. That’s the official time.

Well, the official time is actually midnight GMT. This usually means that time zones work in our favor. There’s no guarantee, but there is a good chance that the first three episodes of The Wheel of Time will drop at around 7 p.m. ET tonight, Thursday, Nov. 18.

If the episodes aren’t available right away, keep checking in. They will be there by midnight local on Friday, Nov. 19.

Edited by Maximillion

18 minutes ago, themann1086 said:

Working till close to 6 pm, then making dinner and watching with my fiance. Not sure if we'll skip straight to Ep 3 or rewatch the first 2... ok I lied, we're definitely going to rewatch the first 2 ?

Or.... watch 3 first. Then rewatch 1 2 and 3...you know...for continuity.

6 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Have some approximations of oosquai (left) and Tam's brandy (right)  along with appropriately spicy Aiel snacks:

What are the rest of you doing?

I always thought Captain Morgan was a bit Mazrim Taim-ish... ? 

So, if the eps drop at 7pm ET, then it's 5pm MT? Perfect apres-work scenario! Enjoy!

Friends, it feels so exciting doesn't it to finally arrive at being able to watch this masterpiece of a series!

My compadres and I are crafters, and we brewed a special brew just for this occasion called White Tower ale! It does not really match a specific beer style as outlined by the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines, but I guess would be close to a Belgian. It's a deep amber with about 5.8%ABV and and OG of about 1.06. It's built on a big foundation of malt with strong tones of honeysuckle and toffee. It also plays up the fruity, caramel aspects of English malt and yeast. We will be enjoying this brew for the first time, I am the only one who so far has tasted it and it is excellent.

After we finish watching the first three episodes, being that we will be amped up I think we will resume our ongoing Gloomhaven tabletop campaign. For those of you that don't know, Gloomhaven is pretty much considered to be the best tabletop game of all time by most informed critics.

I'm really looking forward to how they play up the friendship of the Edmonds Field 5 and Lan and Moiraine, and I can't wait until they introduce my favorite character, the Lady Elayne, down the road.