DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eye of the World edition differences?

Guest Kennasym

Guest Kennasym

Hello all! I picked up the Eye of the World in 90 or 91 and the series is still one of my top 3 series I've ever read. I just started another re-read to be up to date when the show drops. I have my copy from the 90's, but I also checked out the e-book from my library and what to my wondering eyes appeared but a WHOLE NEW CHAPTER from Egwene's POV. My question is how many of these "new" pieces have been added, when and in what versions, and by whom were they written? Brandon or Jordan? I'm really enjoying the addition and don't want to miss out by reading my originals paperbacks, most are the first releases bought as they came out. Thanks to all in advance!

Edited by Kennasym
Spelling correction

Iirc, tEotW was republished in two parts, From the Two Rivers and To the Blight, to make it more accessible to younger readers, way back in 2002.  When they did so, they added in that Egwene chapter, which was written by Jordan, but edited out of the original edition, as it both undermines the mystery of which of the boys is the Dragon Reborn (since Egwene is focused on Rand in that chapter), and it bulks up the length of the first book.  When it was split, there was room for its inclusion and enough time had passed and the books popular enough that maintaining that mystery, which was always a fairly weak mystery to begin with, was less important.  I don't think that's happened anywhere else, though there are some "deleted scenes" from A Memory of Light, one of which deals with Perrin and a raid on Caemlyn's Waygate, and the other which documents Demandred's adventures in Shara, both of which, of course, were written by Brandon.