DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First read through questions **SPOILERS**

ajbent

I just finished the series for the first time and I have 2 questions, SPOILERS

1st: I liked Padan Fain's death. I don't know why but it felt appropriate that Mat just takes him out with ease and the Mat was the one to do it. Why does everyone hate his death so much?

2nd: Someone please help me out here, I didn't understand 1 small detail in Perrin's fight with Slayer in the last book. Perrin was at the verge of death crawling away and hiding from slayer when Lanfear shows up and scoffs at him. Then in the very next scene, he is powered up and chasing down Slayer like nothing happened, becoming the hunter. What happened? Did I miss something? Accidentally skip a page or something? What was it that turned the tides in their fight?

1: I think that the issue with Padan Fain's death is that many readers misinterpreted his purpose in the story. His purpose was to replace the Dark One if Rand killed him, like Saruman was in Lord Of The Rings. He was not what Gollum was; an unlooked for assist in helping Rand lock the Dark One away. The problem is, many readers thought Fain was the Gollum redemption arc, not how the books had Fain; the Saruman rejection arc.

2: The change with Perrin is because Lanfear forced him to kill Slayer fast than he did, due to her use of Compulsion on him. This was because she was running out of time to save the Dark One, and tried to use Compulsion on Perrin at the Pit Of Doom to kill Moiraine and stop it.