DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia Game Idea -- Looking for Thoughts and/or Guinea Pigs

keyholder21

Hello!

Does anyone have next up for a game after Krak's?  If not, I have an idea.  It would be experimental as I'm not sure it's balanced or even if it would work well. If someone has seen something like it before, please let me know and maybe I can contact the mod and ask how they worked it. 

I can tell you it wouldn't be a B*STARD game though. I would do my best to ensure it's a fun time for everyone.  

Here's my idea:

Town Roles: Cop, Doc, maybe one other.

Mafia Roles: Day Roleblocker (would this be the name?), normal NK

Setup:  Town roles would rotate through the townies.  Each night the person who has it has to choose who to perform the duty on and then the role would be assigned to someone else the  next night by random.org   OR townie could choose who to give it to, but if it went to mafioso, the mafia would have the power.  I'm thinking random.org would make it easier.

Mafia roles: Mafia could together decide who to check for the day role.  At the end of the day phase they guess someone.  If that someone gets a role, they are RB'd that night.  If they nightkill someone who has a role, that role is then out of the game.

I'd love comments on this idea and/or help on making it work!  If y'all like it and there is no one chomping at the bit to run a game after Krak, I'm happy to run it.

Edited by keyholder21

I think the mafia roleblocker would just be a normal roleblocker. It's my understanding of the definition that a day roleblocker would block roles that happen during the day, and since there are none of that here, and you specify they will be roleblocked during the night, it's just a regular roleblocker. (which would mean they could also choose at night who to roleblock, seeing as there's no need to do it before, because then you'd end up with a dilemma if they chose to roleblock the lynched person)

Another thing, I think definitely random.org is the way to go with fluctuating roles, seeing as I believe it would be possible for town to clear one another if they got to choose who to send the role on to. I also think that a role should be gone from the game if the person who's holding it is lynched, not just night killed. 

Would it be possible for a person to be handed the same role several times in a row if random.org is used?

I'm also not sure if cop is too strong a role in this setup. Perhaps a tracker would be better, but idk. 

Duh, that makes sense re: the roleblocker :). I guess I was just trying to make it more special! 

Yeah, when I was posting it I was thinking random.org would be better as well.  Gifting could end up similar to the games where you have a separate QT or can talk to others in PM outside the game thread and therefore.  I played one or two of those years ago when Cory/Tom/Chris first joined.

I think it would be possible for the same person to get a role several times if random.org decides that.  It's....random.  

Do you think that re: cop/tracker because town rotates, but mafia doesn't?