DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Baseball

The Outsider

Looks like the old thread didn't survive the crash...

I've been out due to illness (everyone in the family has had the flu and a cold if not both at the same time in the last week. I worked two days last week plus took off Monday, so now I am also totally swamped at work and probably won't be around much at least for rest of this week and who knows how much of next week.

So I just popped in to say I haven't forgotten about the Fantasy Baseball and jaunted off somewhere else or anything.

Oh, and any new members who want to join up but haven't yet are welcome to join. Just leave a message here saying you want in.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys. I'm setting a sign up date of this coming Thursday so I can let my one volunteer know if I need him to join up (he said he would only join up if we had an odd number of team to keep the number even)

I'll set the league to auto-draft sometime after that.

If anyone has any opinions on what statistics they would like to see used for scoring now is the time to share. I'll be taking input from here and the members who post elsewhere and using it to make a final decision before the draft so that we can base our pre-rankings on it.

By the way, I thought I would remind everyone that you can customize the pre-rankings that yahoo has already set so that it drafts the people you want drafted if they are available. In just in case anyone hasn't done this before and wasn't aware.

You can also set players on a "don't draft" list, and I highly recommend everyone does that for the players who have already been mentioned as being out for the year. I know Francisco Liriano and Kris Benson offhand are supposed to be out for the year. I'll post a better list here soon if I can.

If anyone has any opinions on what statistics they would like to see used for scoring now is the time to share. I'll be taking input from here and the members who post elsewhere and using it to make a final decision before the draft so that we can base our pre-rankings on it.

Is there a default setting to use the normal ones? I think that they are the best options...

Just a heads up guys: We're going to call these 8 teams our league, and I'm going to set the league as ready to autodraft on Saturday night.

This means if you want to customize the pre-rank settings from where Yahoo has defaulted them, then you need to do this by 5 PM central (10PM UK time) on Saturday. I will select random for the draft order, so we won't find out what order we picked in until after the draft is over. It won't start drafting right away after I set it though. I believe it will normally start drafting a few hours to a day or so after it is set to 'ready'. Just keep checking in to find out you have on your team. After that we should have just over a week to make trades and waiver and free agent picks.

BTW I have set it up so that all free agents after the draft will be on the waiver line for a day. This means that the first person who comes along can't just pick up all the good free agents before anyone else gets a shot. How it works is that the free agents have to clear waivers to go to a team. So if three people put in for the same player the person who is highest on the waiver wire will get him. I believe the person who is last in the draft will be the highest person on the waiver wire initially, and every time you take a free agent or take someone off waivers you drop to the bottom of the waiver line. This gives everyone a day to make claims on free agents and no one team can hoard all the good ones.

Any other questions, let me know.

:)

Just in case anyone didn't notice, I did indeed set the draft to 'ready' yesterday evening, and the draft took place last night. Go to your team page to see who you got, or go to the league page and browse other peoples teams to see if you want to make a trade proposal.

It looks as though there is already one trade proposal up for review at the moment. As long as you don't object to a trade, the trades will go through as normal.

For every trade that is made though, a notification will be sent with an option to protest the trade. If a majority of members veto any trade it will not go through. This is set up only prevent unfair trades that happen sometimes in leagues where sportsmanship isn't prevalent... a situation may occur sometime where two friends are in public league and one is doing well and the other is out of the game, so the one who is doing poorly may try to send his best player to his friend to help him win the league, say they may try to put a trade through where one sends Albert Pujols for a reliever that is a fringe player or something. That would be an unfair trade that should be rejected. Unless someone someone tries that though, no one should be alarmed by these messages or feel nervous about trades, because unless there is something you feel is very unfair there is no need to protest.

So go ahead and set up any trades, or feel free to browse the free agent list to find players to add to your roster (though you only have the 25 spots, so unless someone gets injured you will have to choose a player to drop in order to pick up a free agent..

By the way, did I mention that there is a rule that whoever gets Albert Pujols has to trade him to the league commisioner? :lol:

Just kidding.. Though if whoever has him wants to trade for Ryan Howard (who had more HR's and RBI's than Albert last year (I think) and won the MVP) I'd be happy to trade (I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan). :)

Which brings up another question...

Who is a baseball fan and what is (are) everyone's favorite team(s)?

Guest Segurant

I have your #5.

I am sort of a baseball fan, I'm more of a Hockey and Football guy.

I do follow the Astros (place I was born) and the Braves (local team of where I live.)

Only 6 more days until the Mets and the Cardinals kick off the season from Busch Stadium with an NLCS rematch. It will be the ESPN Sunday night game, so it will be televised Nationally. :)

BTW, if anyone here has DirecTV satellite, they usually have a free preview of MLB extra innings, so you can watch all the games for the first week or two of the season. I think they are usually in the channel range of 700-750, you just have to look around. I'll post another reminder when the season starts. :)

Guest Segurant

Braves look decent during the Spring games. I think if our lineup can stay health and our bullpen doesn't blow we could see the Braves back in the postseason.

Archived