DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Death whispered a lullaby Attn Liitha and Nephitess

WhiteWolf

Liitha remembered the grove, outside Fal Dara. Then frowned, 4 hours that wasnt posible, her mind caugth up, "You intend to use that traveling tricks again to bring us closer to Fal Dara" it wasnt as much a question as a statement.

She took a quick round of the room to make sure nothing had escaped them before picking up her bags. Smiling she turned and reached out griping Cara's hand, she was nervous in sort but still felt rigth about things. "Lets go then." She lead the way down to the courtyard and ordered the stable boys to bring out their horses.

Thosing her bags over the sadles she took Cara's from her and fastened them more as a curtesy then anything else, before handing her the reins of the horse. Then fastened her own and mounted the gneldring. She hadnt had time to look for a new horse, thoug she knew it wouldnt have made a difrence, it was a good horse. She would have been unlike to find one as good and trained, it would make do.

Her eyes straying over the masses as they left the capital of Shienar. She rode along the mainrode for half an hour, navigating among travelers going the oposite way towards the city. Then broke off into a plain leading to a forest holt, she broke the horse into a trot smiling over to Cara, "care for some wind in the hair." she waited for the response before spuring her own horse after Cara's into a gallop.

Drawing up short of the threes she dirigated the horse onto a path after Cara, her eyes scouting ahead, soon they where out of sigth to anyone and she watched Cara untill a hole opened to a platform. The horses steped gidely through and snorted to the darkness as the hole closed. She didnt look into the darkness, nor move to the edge of the platform, she instead turned and looked at Cara. She trusted the Aes Sedai to know what she was doing, and it was beyond her to do anything so there was no reason to worry.

Then they stoped and another hole apeared she rode through and spun the horse around in a cirlce. They where alone and she saw Cara emerge as well before the hole closed again. She rode up on a nearby heigth to get some sence of direction and could see Fal Dara within an hours ride, looking at the sun she turned around and rode down to Cara. She had visited the grove during her longer periods here, they made good campsites. "This way" Leading the way and scouting both up and forward she focused silently, it should take them an hour and a half or such.

Time passed quickly only randomly broken by bird song, following no roads ment they didnt meet anyone else. And then they where at the edge of the now somewhat overgrown grove perimiter, if she remembered rightly thoug there was an opening by a small stream futher in. Searching her mind for memories she lead them through the wast bushes untill she could hear the trickle of water and then let the horse do the rest of the job.

Unmounting she loosened the girt sligthly so the horse could drink and grass. Puting her hand into the cool water she brougth up a handfull to drink and then rubed her wet hand over her face to remove the worst of the travel dust.

Turning she looked at Cara now also out of the sadle, there was a stone with some flowers nearby to the side and she walked over. Taking Cara's hand as the other arived by her side and they sat down on the stone. Her hand gingerly raising to stroke a stray hair tenderly out of her friends face. Reaching down into her boot she came up with a dagger identical to the one in her tattoo that Cara had seen so many times. Her voice quiet as she spoke "It was my mothers, the first thing i had to conect me to her, one of them anyhow. More have come by later, she was quite the collector, though i like to belive the reason she left me this at first was it had some meaning." She handed it to Cara "Though i never knew me she still have been with me in many ways throughout time, and should i for any reason not be there when you need protection i can hopefully be with you through this."

She closed the Aes Sedai hand around it and looked her into her eyes knowing there was no need to say more, it had all been spoken and said already. She could feel the hand on her cheek and then a sinking feeling slowly seteling. Her eyes still locked on that of her lover she sudenly gasped at the overwhelming sensation of feeling what her eyes saw inside her head.

"Cara.." it was a barely audible whisper tingled to the edge with confirmation of the love she herself felt for the other woman as well..

The weave of Spirit was one of the most complex known to Aes Sedai. Cara wove it around Liitha and then watched as it settled into Liitha. As if a door had suddenly been opened in Cara’s mind, she became aware of Liitha, all of Liitha. The pain of long ago inflicted injuries, the sense of honour that coursed through her Warder. That was when the realisation hit her of what they had done; this would be how it would be until the end of her days. For a brief moment that caused her concern, but then she became aware of something else, something that she had not recognised at first. The feeling grew and Cara knew without a doubt that Liitha loved her; they had not been empty words and promises.

Cara calmed herself, not wanting to become lost in the sudden rush of love from Liitha. Slowly she drew away from the bundle of emotions that seemed lodged at the back of her mind. She was still aware of them, but for now they were not the all encompassing force they briefly had been. Cara removed the dagger Liitha had given her and turned it over in her fingers, watching as the dappled sunlight played across the blade. “You are not the only one with gifts my love. Today is more important to me than I can express and I wanted to mark it with something special, as you did with this.” Cara twirled the dagger across her fingers, smiling in mischief as she did, and then sheathed it. Her hand went to a pocket in her breeches and removed the packet she had hidden there. “When I saw this I knew I had to buy it for you. I was at a total loss what to get you and could think of nothing other than that dress I promised you precious.” The sudden burst of indignation from Liitha made Cara burst out laughing. “There is no hiding your feelings now precious, so don’t even try it, I will see you in a dress, a Domani one I think, so you might as well get used to the idea. However. “Cara continued quickly enjoying having the upper hand with Liitha. “What I have got you I think you will find more to your liking.” Cara handed over the small parcel. It contained a heavy gold necklace made in the shape of a twisted rope. “I hope you like it and will always wear it, it will look so sweet around your throat Liitha.”

It was some time later that the, slightly dishevelled, Aes Sedai and her even more dishevelled Warder left the grove and rode a short distance away from it before the familiar, but slightly unsettling, hole in the air appeared and they made their way back to the capital City. Cara still had a smile on her face, the feelings of Liitha on her mind was so comforting, and so normal, that Cara wondered how she had ever thought she could manage without her. “If this is how it is always going to be then I am definitely going to make sure you live to a ripe old age, and you had better believe that Liitha, that is my promise to you.”

Cara Ramsey

I wasn’t born with enough middle fingers

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah.

Liitha studied Cara laughing, she had no intentions to start wearing dresses, on the other hand she had a feeling the other could trick her into it if she put her mind to it. She opened the present that where handed her and looked at the gift with a chuckle. "Well you bether help me get it on then love" this was a sence of humor in the other she was quite happy to abide by, and was part of her love for the woman. In ways she imagined that her mother would have had some of the same type of humor at times, she had by what she learned been a prankster when opertunity opened for it.

She waited till it fell around her neck fastened before twisting and lifting the other in her arms. Slowly she was learning to deal with the added emotions in her head, though they hid nothing left nothing unsaid as she embraced Cara in a kiss. The time from there seemed like a slow fluid yet rapid stream.

And as they rode out to go back towards the capital and continue on their journey she kept looking over to the other woman. The word was beeing tossed around in her head, what they had done. And she pressed her horse closer to Cara's reaching out and grasping her hand in her own, weaving her fingers into that of the other. "I'll be happy to if that is what destiny predicts, untill then I am content living one day at the time, every moment to the full as in our lifelines one never know which sunset will be the last one ride into. All in all i cant imagine a bether company for life's road thoug." She squised the others hand as they rode towards the afternoon sun slowly moving towards the city gates.

Guest nephitess

IC: Waking up the next morning, Phinn stretched and yawned. Her eyes felt grainy as she rubbed them and stood up. Feeling her back crack from sleeping in an auqward position all night, Phinn sighed. She had not made it to the bed last night. An empty feeling creeped into her middle.

After a breakfast of eggs bread and milk, Phinn packed up and went to get her horse. Tossing the stable hand a silver coin she rode off. Her destination, Tar valon.

The land wiled away under her as the day flowed on. Thoughts of the past came to her. Her warders, oh how it hurt to lose them. The bond she had with them was deeper than any she had experienced in her life. They were her best friends. One was even her lover, closer to her than anyone. Tears began to fall as the sun came to embrace the earth.

Finding a secluded spot off the road between the town she just left and Shol Arbela. Phinn found she was in Arafel as she looked at a Map while at breakfast. Once in Shol Arbela, according to the map, it was a straight shot form there. Setting out her bedding and starting a fire, Phinn settled in for the night. Thoughts of her ordeal invading her peace. The Mother would pay!

OOC: ok i know this is short. Come and play!! ;)

The next day after the momentous events of the previous twenty-four hours, found our two lovers heading east from the city, having decided that they were wasting their time there and that it would be best to move on. It was a slightly over cast day, and very humid which made travelling more of a chore than a delight. But it would have taken a major event to have spoiled their day. Cara and Liitha were closer now then either of them thought they could be to another person, and still revelled in the shared emotions though the bond. Laughing like two maidens on a trip to the local town, they made their way from the city, neither of them in any particular rush to get anywhere not while there were still so many things that they could talk about, to share their innermost secrets without fear of censor.

The day drew to close and they started to look for somewhere to camp for the night. Liitha suddenly stiffened in the saddle and Cara started glancing around, wondering what it was that had alerted her lover.

Cara Ramsey

Short, but just s sweet

:lol:

Liitha could feel the wonder through the bond, it was still strange at times. Obviously Cara hadnt heard it, looking around she spoted a broken twig going off the road.

Signaling to Cara she heard something and then pointing to the twig she slid out of her sadle and eased her sword in her scabard.

There was no one around and it was close to camping time, but she prefered knowing what she had in her back, or if it was a friendly against odds camper like them, to share a fire would be safer then alone.

She was even more aware of her soroundings then before after the bond, and even with the day and nigth who should be taxing she felt refreshed. She had no trouble moving silently through the underground , an opening coming up ahead, she went down on 4 and then on her belly. Slowly ever so gently she bent two twigs aside and looked at the campsite.

A lone woman and one horse, no traces of any other company, she still circled the camp, passing by the horse tracks leading in before coming back onto the road and brushing off.

"Its a lone woman, unless you want to press on to get something out of the few left hours of somewhat light, i'd recomend asking to join. There is strength in numbers, specialy here in the north." She smiled lovingly up at Cara.

Cara shook her head wondering how she had managed to miss the signs, but then thanked the light that Liitha still had her wits about her. “If it be a single woman then I think we have nothing to worry about. If she be a murderer I have no fears you will show her the error of her ways, precious. If she has the ability, then I will know, and I know how to stop her from doing anything that could harm you. Come Liitha, let us see who it is we are about to share the night and hope that she will provide good company.”

Cara hoped she sounded confident, as this was the last thing she needed. She had never felt comfortable around other Aes Sedai, nor was her training a time of astonishment for her or wonder for her, as it was for many other Novices. Growing up with an Aes Sedai for a mother meant that the mundane was something that others suffered from. Cara’s childhood had been far from mundane, her mother had seen to that. For all the things Tania might have been, she had always been a very good mother to Cara.

Cara Ramsey

Guest nephitess

IC: Sitting against a mossy log, Phinn munched on her rations. Streching she pulled her blankets over herself.

'How am I to fool the Mother,She will not tricked easily? Surly she has precations against any consevable threat. She knows what happened to me, she is the one who put me in that hell. When she sees me she will be frightened. I must be careful, Much planning needs to be done. Tomorrow. I have a long journey.'

turning over in her blanckets, phinn snuggled in and dozed. As Phinn, drifted she heard the sounds of he forest, lightly touching the source she erected a protective sheild around the camp site.

Liitha nodded and took up the reins of her horse, then leading it a more direct path into the camp. Calling out as she closed to it. "Hello... is there place for two more at the campfire." she made sure the hood of her dark green cape was properly pulled down.

She walked out of the threes with her hands clearly visiable, the horse snorting as he saw the horse already present.

Guest nephitess

IC: Startled from her dozing, Phinn sat up quickly. Her wards had been tripped and she heard snapping underbrush. these intruders were not making an effort to conceal themselves were they? Was it just careless brigands or perhaps inexpereinced theifs? No, even the lowest theif would not make this much noise. Standing to meet what ever was coming, Phinn embraced the source she waited. Then a voice...

"Hello... is there place for two more at the campfire."

A youngish woman stepped into the clearing. she was leading a horse and showing her hands to signify that she did not mean harm. what was this?? why did this woman have to intrude? throwing up a barrier infrount of the woman, Phinn studied her for a moment.

"you said for two? where is number two? explain yourself or i will not let you pass."

Before Cara could say anything Liitha announced their arrival as if they were at a Royal Court. Cara let a little of her irritation slip through their bond, just enough to let Liitha know there would be words later. Just because it was one woman did not mean there was not a threat here and Cara knew just how deadly one lone woman could be. To be on the safe side, Cara hung back and circled around to the left of Liitha, she could see her and could react in an instant to any threat, she was not about to let Liitha get herself harmed so soon after they had bonded. When Liitha stepped into the light, and the woman could see here, Cara knew they were facing another Aes Sedai, which was not at all to her liking.

"You said for two? where is number two? Explain yourself or i will not let you pass."

Stepping out of the trees, ready to channel at a moments notice, Cara closed the distance between them before announcing her arrival.

“Number two, as you put it Sister, is right behind you. I know these are perilous times, but we harbour you no ill will. As my friend said, we are travellers who have need of a place to rest for the night. She pointed out that there is safety in numbers and on that I agree with her. My name is Cara, my rather impetuous friend goes by the name Liitha, it is a pleasure to meet another Sister this far North, I thought I was the only one in the Borderlands right now.”

The Aes Sedai jumped, slightly, at Cara’s voice, but soon regained her composure and her face was as smooth as alabaster as she turned to face Cara.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

Guest nephitess

IC: “Number two, as you put it Sister, is right behind you. I know these are perilous times, but we harbour you no ill will. As my friend said, we are travellers who have need of a place to rest for the night. She pointed out that there is safety in numbers and on that I agree with her. My name is Cara, my rather impetuous friend goes by the name Liitha, it is a pleasure to meet another Sister this far North, I thought I was the only one in the Borderlands right now.”

Phinn flinched at the sound of another voice. Cursing herself for not being more aware of her surroundings, Phinn felt a flash of anger surge through her. Looking at the woman, Liitha was it, she could feel the knives in her eyes. Control yourself! Clearing her mind Phinn understood why the other, Cara, addressed her as sister, the woman was from the tower. Sensing her stregnth, Phinn thought they would have a far fight, but then the other was more experienced at this moment. Smoothing her face she let go of any emotion, a hard thing for Phinn. As she turned Phinn observed the other from the corner of her eye. finishing her turn and facing her sister, Phinn tied off the shield she had created.

"I sense you tell the truth of your ability. Numbers may be safty but not when a dagger comes out of the dark. How can I know to trust you? where do you go and from where are you coming?"

Phinn definattly did not want these woman with her. She felt better on her own. She needed the freedom to plot and rage when she felt. Maybe she could best them and leave there bodies to be found, a warning to the Amyrlin. Holding back a snarl that threatened to contort her face, she waited for her answers.

Cara did her best to hide the obvious distaste at the words of the other woman. To question the honesty of one who wore the shawl and the ring was tantamount to questioning the Creator. Cara had expected many things from a meeting with another Aes Sedai, but she had not expected this. Doing her best impression of her mother whenever she was faced by tartiness from a Novice or Accepted Cara responded.

“How can you know Sister? Have we sunk so low now that we no longer trust our Sisters? I think you must have been away from the Tower for an awful long time if this is how you respond to one who only wants to share your campfire and maybe exchange news. If our presence here so upsets you we will be on our way and trouble you no more.” There was an edge of pride flowing along the bond from Liitha at the conclusion of Cara’s words. No doubt Liitha thought she would acquiesce to this woman’s demands, well she would have to learn that that was not Cara’s way. The more she was pushed to go a certain way the more she would fight back.

“However, it would seem to me that you need our company far more than we need yours. You would not have crept up on us as easily as we did you, the ward you set would not have been much defence if we had been intent on harming you. But that was not our intent; we merely wanted to spend the night with a fellow traveller. We have come from Fal Dara and are heading eastwards; our destination depends on information we might come across on our journey. Now you know more about us than we do about you.

Come Liitha, we will trouble the Aes Sedai with our presence no more. Good day to you Sister.” Cara glided, which was a good trick in breeches ands riding boots, over to where Liitha stood. Liitha smiled at Cara, and Cara winked back, then spoke too softly for the Aes Sedai to hear. “Well my love, I guess we are on our own tonight, do you have any objections to that?” Liitha only raised one eyebrow in response, she was more than happy to be alone with Cara.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

Guest nephitess

IC: “How can you know Sister? Have we sunk so low now that we no longer trust our Sisters? I think you must have been away from the Tower for an awful long time if this is how you respond to one who only wants to share your campfire and maybe exchange news. If our presence here so upsets you we will be on our way and trouble you no more.”

Hold your temper

“However, it would seem to me that you need our company far more than we need yours. You would not have crept up on us as easily as we did you, the ward you set would not have been much defence if we had been intent on harming you. But that was not our intent; we merely wanted to spend the night with a fellow traveller. We have come from Fal Dara and are heading eastwards; our destination depends on information we might come across on our journey. Now you know more about us than we do about you.

Bite your tongue

Come Liitha, we will trouble the Aes Sedai with our presence no more. Good day to you Sister. "

This woman was trying to get under her skin. Physically biting her tongue, Phinn kept her fire under check. Even though it goaded her she had to admit Cara was right. She did need news and maybe the company would not be so bad. She did have to get used to having civilised people around again. She would have to be careful though.

Letting the shield go, but not the power, Phinn spoke.

"Sister, please forgive me for my rudeness. I have not been in the best of health and have endured many trials these years. I have become overly defensive. Your company is welcome."

Gesturing to the fire Phinn sat down. Channelling a flow of fire into it she built the fire up again.

"I am traveling back to the tower. I have much to discuss with my Ajah sisters there."

Phinn waited as the others sat and made themselves comfortable.

“Thank you Sister for your offer, we would be more than happy to share your campfire and any news you might have. We have been away from the Tower for sometime as well, but more of that later. If you like, while Liitha is looking after the horses I will start preparing a meal, we have more than enough supplies for the three of us.” Cara soon had the ingredients peeled and washed and then placed them in a large pot that Liitha had insisted they bring along. Cara had hoped to avoid spending time outdoors at night, but on this occasion it could not be helped. With the stew bubbling away nicely Cara looked over at her companion wondering just what a lone Aes Sedai would be doing in the Borderlands. These were perilous times, although an Aes Sedai was never an easy target, one person travelling alone invited trouble, or so Cara thought.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking this Sister, but why are you out here alone? With the Blight stirring like never before and reports of Shadowspawn all over the place, it seems rather risky to travel alone.”

Cara was trying to make polite conversation and nothing more. If the woman wanted to tell her then that was fine, if she thought Cara was prying then she would n doubt say so.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

OOC Hey Neph it might be an idea for Phinn to introduce herself, unless that is you do not want Cara and Liitha to know her name? Liitha is LOA for a while now so it is just you and i,ok?

Guest nephitess

OOC: Opps, thanks i totally forgot to do that.

IC: “I hope you don’t mind me asking this Sister, but why are you out here alone? With the Blight stirring like never before and reports of Shadow spawn all over the place, it seems rather risky to travel alone.”

Phinn pondered a moment about what she should say. Deciding that the complete truth would be the best course she began to speak.

"Please forgive my lack of manners. I have not been around civilized persons for a few long time. My name is Phinnavear Tabor. I am of the Green Ajah and had two warders. I was sent by the Mother to Be counsel to a lord of Arafel with lands on the blight border. After that it becomes fuzzy. I remember My warders and I heading over to a neighboring town, one of my warders was from there if i remember right. We were ambushed and taken. One of my warders was killed in the ambush, I felt the sword cut through him." Feeling her gut, Phinn still remembered the pain.

"I was some how shielded and bound. After that i only remember pain, humiliation and suffering. I was let go only recently and have been wondering ever since."

It was then that Phinn realized she was staring at the fire, into the dancing orange flames. A thought ochered to Phinn as she looked up at her sister. Why had she not thought of this before?? In all her theorys and thoughts as to why the Ammy would do this to her she had never thought about the Black Ajah. Why was a mystery. The mother had to be Black Ajah!!! she had to be taken down for her station before she did any more damage. Who knows what she had done so far.

these thoughts flew through her mind in a flash. She looked away and then asked.

"What else would you like to know?"

Phinn’s words brought up recent memories of capture and treatment not dissimilar when Cara and Liitha had been held prisoner by Lord Camlon, and hearing the pain and loss in Phinn’s voice, Cara could easily emphasise with her Sister. “It is an unfortunate sign of the times that this sort of thing is not as uncommon as we might think. We too have been held captive and questioned, thankfully not for as long as you were. I think when they captured us they did not know exactly what to do with us and this allowed us the opportunity to make good our escape. An escape that was made possible by my companion here. Liitha is my Warder and if it were not for her then I doubt I would be still standing in this world. Pride and love flowed along the Bond to Liitha, and was returned with just as much passion.

Cara told the whole story of their capture, the reason why they were in the old house in the first place and how they were now following rumours trying to find the trail of this most elusive Lord Camlon. “We are convinced that he is a Dark Friend, and may even be highly favoured by them, he may also be in touch with those who claim to be our Sisters but who are not.” Cara did not want to speak her fears out loud, as if by doing so they would make them real.

Cara and Phinn continued talking, Liitha deciding to prepare a meal and soon the smells of the food drifted through the small clearing. When the meal was ready, Liitha brought two bowls over to Liitha and Phinn, serving Liitha first, then Phinn, then Liitha got her own bowl and sat next to Cara. The stew was filling, the spices Liitha had used bringing out the taste of the meat and vegetables. After the meal, Cara helped Liitha clear away the bowls and utensils, and Cara took the chance to have a quiet talk with Liitha, making sure there was no way they could be overheard by Phinn.

“So what do you think Liitha? There is something odd here, Phinn said they just let her go, why would they do that after all this time?”

“Maybe be she was of no use to them. Perhaps they had found out all they could and so decided to let her go.”

“I just cannot see someone acting like that, not with an Aes Sedai, it would be safer to kill them then to let them go. For now keep a close eye on her, but do not let her know you are watching her. I want to find out what is going on here, something just does not feel right.”

Once they had washed the bowls and utensils in the nearby stream, Cara and Liitha returned to the camp fire and Cara brought a wine skin as well, pouring out three cups and handing them around to Liitha and Phinn. “You asked if there was anything else we wanted to know, have you by any chance come across this Lord Camlon, or news of him?” Cara thought it was doubtful Phinn had heard of him, but if she did not ask she would not know.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nephitess

IC: Phinn listened carefully to Cara's story and felt some pitty for the two. Her captivity was traumatic and anger still boiled near the surface.

Liitha, prepared a meal and the smells made Phinn's stomache grummble. The spices were wonderfull.

"thank you...this is very good. I love the spices."

As they ate, Phinn thought about her plans to make her way to the tower. Cara and Liitha might be a good tool for safty and speed of travel. It would help her to become accustomed to light loving people again. They were plesant enough. They were better than her lonely thoughts as dark and desturbing as they were.

After Cara and Liitha came back from washing the dishes, Cara sat down beside Phinn again.

“You asked if there was anything else we wanted to know, have you by any chance come across this Lord Camlon, or news of him?”

Shakeing her head PHinn answered " No I have not...though what you say of him make me just as suspicous. If I hear of him I'll be sure to tell you.  Where do you two plan to go after your night here? I plan on making for home."

OOC: I'll be leaving for my trip on thursday the 12th  :o . I'll not be around much for RPs untill I get back.  Sorry about my slowness on this RP, i've been so busy. Hope you guys will be well and see you when i get back!!  ;D

• 1 month later...

Liitha smiled as she felt the emotions coming through the bond, before going to fill the kettle with water so she could make stew. After the meal was over and she had spent the time letting her eyes drift and study the surrounding's while eating, before settling on Cara through the corner of her eye, she followed Cara to the stream to do the dishes.

"Sounds like dark friends Cara, and they seldom let victims go, killing is more to their liking. Specially after this long time they should have had more then enough plans to get rid on her on a convenient place and time. And even more so with what she is, if her claim is true, if they actually captured an Aes Sedai i don't see why they would ever let her go willingly." Liitha shook her head to herself, not that it was her worry as long as the woman behaved she had no intention to meddle with what was obvious Aes Sedai mather.

"Hopefully we will pick up some track of the good Lord soon.." Liitha fell into the conversation. "..its a person the Tower is best served with seen behind locks I'd think, considering he is so bold as to actually dare kidnap one of your kind." Indeed it had been a bold move, and she couldn't understand how the man had thought to get away with such a thing.

Cara did not respond to Liitha right away, she often forgot that Liitha was just as experienced, if not more so, than she was and Liitha had insights that often eluded Cara. This pleased Cara, to have a Warder who was brought more than just a good sword arm to a relationship was someone to be treasured, and Cara truly did treasure Liitha, maybe one day Liitha would begin to comprehend this.

Why would anyone who had captured an Aes Sedai free them? What could their purpose possible be in capturing her and then freeing her?

“For now Liitha I would rather concentrate on what possible reason anyone would have for imprisoning one of my Sisters and then freeing them, or allowing them to escape. Let us presume that she is telling the truth for now. Who could have shielded her? Male Channeller’s? We know there are these Asha’men that follow the Dragon Reborn, but if we assume it was one of them, then why release her? Obviously they must have known she was Aes Sedai could that be reason enough to release her? The more I try to puzzle this out the more I am left with questions and not answers. I think we need to stay with this Phinnavear Tabor, if that is even her name, and watch her closely.” Cara fell silent again; there was just something here that did not ring true. Obviously no Aes Sedai could our right lie, but as Cara knew there were many ways around that and an experienced Sister would be an expert at manipulating the truth to reflect exactly what she wanted it to reflect.

Quickly Liitha and Cara finished their chores and returned to the fire. Now that night was fully upon them, and with Phinn yawning her head off, she excused herself and soon was sound asleep, rolled up in her blankets. Not wanting to arouse the woman’s suspicions, if she was just faking sleep, Cara did not erect a barrier around her and Liitha to prevent Phinn over hearing their talk, instead the two of them spoke so low that they had to strain to her the other, not that they minded being in close proximity to each other. As Cara told Liitha, “Every cloud has a silver lining”.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

Liitha wondered during the meal of what Cara had said, they would need to find a way then to combine thier hunt for the Darkfriend with that of staying with this sister. She understood why Cara ment with her words, still motive was to her just as important, the reasoning behind an act, these where things leaving her to understand an oponent she might have to fight, and might be crucial to survival.

The how of how it all had happened with Phin would have been one power related, and that field was out of her reach, it was a question she would leave to her Aes Sedai. She smiled inwardly, the thougth of it still was sort of strange. She couldnt help glancing over to Cara, and again warm feelings passed through the bond.

Following Cara to their part of the camp she soon found herself in the  blankets, her head very close to that of her lover as they discussed. Solutions was found and she lay awake listening to the sounds of night feeling still oddly awake, she didn't tire as soon anymore she had noticed. She had known of some of the effects of the bond, yet experiencing them still in a way surprised her, all was quiet, and she allowed herself to drowse off to a light sleep, knowing the horses would alert them if anything happened, and trusting to her new skills to feel it and alert her if it was shadow related.

The first rays of sun alerted her to the morning, and her eyes blinked open to study Cara. Placing a light kiss on her cheek she snook out of the blankets to stir the fire and start boiling tea, a warm cup of mint tea would be welcome before they set out again. She could feel that Cara was awake behind her even though her eyes had been closed. A stray thought wondered whether she had lay awake all night, it could be that she worried about the shared powers Phin had with her.

Liitha let it go though, knowing that the Aes Sedai would tell her if she needed to know, the thought of channeling a power a force was very strange to her, and she couldn't really imagine how it would feel. The tea water bubbled and she used a stick to drag it off the fire, then putting leaves of herbs into it and setting it aside to brew while she looked through their saddlebags for breakfast.

She heard the other two stir in the blankets and turned with crackers, cheese and dried meat in her hands. "Good morning Aes Sedai" she walked back to the fire and laid out the food waiting for them to join her, and meanwhile pouring three cups of tea.

Guest nephitess

OOC: Hey there...I'm in Ethiopia right now on my way home...i'mm respond once i'm home and rested.

I love how the story is going guys...i hope i can match you both. See Ya Soon!!

Guest nephitess

IC: Waking up the next morning Phinn rolled over and streched. Rubbing her temples her head pounded like a blacksmiths anvil. Sitting up she looked around and saw her companions. One, who she was sure was a warder.....was offering breckfast.

“good morning ladies”

Phinn greeted them as she sat down to share in the food. Crackers,meat and cheese. A good breakfast.

“thank you for the food. Can i pour the tea?”

picking up the tea, Phinn proceeded to pour out three cups of mint tea. Sitting backdown she held her cup and looked into the deep green depths. She was not sure what to do. Light her head hurt! These women may be of help but they might also get into the way. Her plans were coming into focus.

She would play these two for protection on her way home. Act the friend. Maybe she would even get a Warder for herself again. Only if they fit her requirements. She revenge would be sure and swift.....she needed to find some poisons and other supplies without the knowledge of her sister. A dead Ammy....Yes,that would make her feel very satisfied. Hummmmm, maybe she could even set herself up to replace the Ammy. She had some old friends in her ajah, And out for that matter, that would support her. Yes something to think about. Even the thought of it made her head feel better!

Looking at her compaions with a smile she asked....

“so when do we set out? How far would you like to travel with me?”

• 2 weeks later...

Breakfast was a far pleasanter affair than Cara had expected, Phinn’s mood having changed dramatically since the previous evening, or so it seemed on the surface. Cara was not so easily taken in though, all those years in the tower had left their mark on her and she knew never to take anyone at face value, apart from Liitha that was. Glancing over at her, Cara could not help but smile at Liitha, and that bundle of emotions that nestled in the back of her head. The comfort that that brought her was something that she never would have ever believed if someone had tried to explain to her what it was like, and even now she still found it strange to know exactly what Liitha felt for her. Almost as if she knew Cara was thinking about her, Liitha turned around and smiled back at Cara, her feelings for her obvious through the bond.

“We can set out whenever you are ready Phinn, we decided last night that we would be better served accompanying you to Tar Valon rather than chasing after what appears to be a phantom. We have had no news about this mysterious Lord Camlyn for sometime now and it would not be wise to allow you to continue on your way unaccompanied, not after the ordeal you have been through.” At the mention of her ordeal, Cara noticed a brief shadow pass over Phinn’s face, so quick that if you were not watching closely it would have been easy to miss it. “We can be back in Tar Valon in a few hours Phinn, would you like me to handle the weaves or would you prefer to?”

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

OOC: Because there is a new Ammy, I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread on the Tower page, so do you want to start that Neph? If so send me the link when you do and I will let Ata know….good to have you back and where are those photos you promised?*bg*