DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heroes Discussion Redux

Paityr

Guest Emperor

Whitestar - looks like DL's power was absorbed by Sylar as he pulled Peter through the door. Also Eden may have died but I am sure other shapeshifters existed... he mentioned something about taking the power near the end of the episode.

Paityr - Future Hiro is confused about future events. He mistakenly thinks Claire is dead when she is not, just hidden from everyone. Future Hiro also still believes that killing Sylar will save the world, when it was Peter that destroyed NY. Saving the cheerleader really has nothing to do with saving New York in the end.

Reyler - we say the T-rex a few epsiodes back when Hiro first got the fake sword... that was what the painting was about.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eden's power was Compulsion with her voice. Candance is the shapeshifter. The producers have confirmed that Sylar did not gain Eden's power after her suicide, but since they haven't adequately explained (onscreen anyways) how he gains the other Heroes powers, I'm not counting that as cannon.

Guest Emperor

Did this episode feel like... well X-menish... I mean they are being hunted down, the world is against them... isn't this how the comics go in the future?

Guest Cadsuane
Future Hiro also still believes that killing Sylar will save the world' date=' when it was Peter that destroyed NY.[/quote']

This may still be a valid action, since it is Sylar-as-Nathan that has turned their world into what it is today. Real Nathan after the bomb may have made things turn out ok. I mean, sure, Peter may still have exploded and killed .07% of the population, but .07% is not "the world". Saving the world may be something longer-term than just the bomb, and so killing Sylar may be the correct choice, just as something may develop that requires Claire. Or, if "save the cheerleader, save the world" is a recurrance, it may have meant that Claire should have been saved from Sylar in the future episode as well as the first time. If Claire is saved from himin the future, he doesn't get indestructability, and the world may still be pulled back from the brink of the genocide that was beginning in the most recent ep.

looks like DL's power was absorbed by Sylar as he pulled Peter through the door.

Oh I agree that Sylar probably absorbed DL's power. I'm guessing Bennett sold him out to the government and Sylar ended up getting all their powers (Kinda wondering why he never did that with Matt and the Haitain (sp) though). My comment was more just musing because in one scene it sounds like Hiro thinks DL's alive and later Peter is talking like DL was killed in the bomb.

Guest Emperor

Yeah, I would think taking the Haitians power would be the best thing for Sylar. If he did that he would basically be invincible verses other's powers.

Guest Haxorsist

That was a sweet episode. Peter was badass, and I liked Matt for once. He was a douche, but at least he wasn't a sucker anymore.

Guest Cadsuane
Its probably a tactics thing' date=' if he absorbs the Haitian then they (Matt and the Haitian) can't go and bring in the heroes whose power Sylar wants.[/quote']

That's an excellent point. Since Sylar is taking care of leading the country, he doesn't have the freedom to go around finding and stealing powers he wants. By leaving the Haitian and Matt, he gains the ability to both lead and still pick up new powers. I'm sure that at any point he decides he doesn't need those two, he'll kill them for their powers.

Remember, Chandra Suresh posited that the Heroes are a necessary mutation. Something is out of balance in the world and nature is producing Heroes as a result. So if Sylar is in power and is launching a pogrom against Heroes, whatever is out of whack will continue. Future Hiro doesn't need to know that Nathan's been replaced by a serial killer to know that registering Heroes and forbidding them to breed is just one step away from "Hey! Let's kill those different from us!"

Eden's power was Compulsion with her voice. Candance is the shapeshifter. The producers have confirmed that Sylar did not gain Eden's power after her suicide, but since they haven't adequately explained (onscreen anyways) how he gains the other Heroes powers, I'm not counting that as cannon.

Hmmm, I could have sworn that Sylar used Eden's compulsion voice when he and Peter squared off a couple episodes ago in Suresh's apartment. Maybe he was just trying to sound EE-VIL.

And if future-Hiro was confused and thought that Claire was dead when she really wasn't, how was Sylar able to heal himself after getting skewered by Hiro's sword, as future-Hiro claims?

Here's a list of Sylar's confirmed kills and which powers, if any, he took.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylar#Killings

From what I've read elsewhere, there wasn't enough of Eden's brain left for Sylar to eat it/figure out her power. Any incidents of Sylar using the Voice are just him trying to sound eeeeeevil.

Guest Cadsuane

That would be an interesting thing. But what would keep Sylar from exploding the way Peter does?? Do you think Peter's explosion is cause because of his empathy and abosrbing too much at once, or because of the particular combination of powers he has amassed??

I'm not sure, I think its one part expressing all the powers at full power, and possibly having been near Ted Sprague(which might explain why he started to explode with Mr. Ivisible, but didn't seem to be going nuclear). Its possible that Sylar's control freak, knowledge based obsession helps him stay under control.

Sylar's original power is the ability to see what's "broken" in machines or systems. He knows what's wrong with Papa Suresh's watch before he even touches it. He tells Brian Davis, his first victim, that he can see the difference between him and a normal human. Somehow he is able to apply this to himself, altering his brain or his DNA to mimic the powers of others.

This is what him such a great watch repairman, but it's not a special enough power to suit Sylar's ego. He's a classic narcissist. He thinks he's special, that he deserves more than what he has, that the world owes him something.

Peter is an empath. He copies other's powers by recreating the emotions he feels when he is around them. He is motivated by a desire to help others.

Sooooo aperently the little girl from before is gonna be important^^, the "only one who can stop sylar" ^^

Any guesses to what she can do? I'm going with "nullify other peoples powers" but thats the only thing i can think of

Guest Emperor

Heroes 1.21 FAQ

What’s it called?

“The Hard Part.”

What does NBC say?

“Now knowing what's at stake if they fail in their mission, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) and Ando's (James Kyson Lee) determination to save the world is put to the test. Committed to the path, Nathan

(Adrian Pasdar) takes some surprising steps to guarantee his election. Jessica (Ali Larter) and D.L. (Leonard Roberts) begin to learn how their family fits into Linderman's plans. Thompson (guest star Eric Roberts,

"Less Than Perfect") brings someone new into his company's fold. With more and more blood on his hands, Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto) visits his mom (guest star Ellen Greene). Matthew John Armstrong, Justin Evans,

Missy Peregrym, Cristine Rose, Rena Sofer ("24"), Adair Tishler, and Jackson Wurth guest-star.”

What is NBC not telling us?

Sylar won’t be the only regular this week visiting Sylar’s mom, who has a less-than-nurturing attitude toward her boy.

What lies beyond tonight’s installment?

Kaito Nakamura, Simone Devereaux and probably daddy Charles Devereaux all have superpowers. Claire’s Grandpa Petrelli is not quite the man Grandma Petrelli says he was. FBI special agent Audrey Hanson is coming back. Mohinder will discover new information about his sister. Kaito’s back next season, which will contain both “volume two” and “volume three.”

From NBC:

1.22 – May 14 - "Landslide"

AS LINDERMAN ARRIVES, NATHAN CONSIDERS THE COST TO WIN THE ELECTION; MALCOLM MCDOWELL, ERIC ROBERTS AND GEORGE TAKEI GUEST-STAR -- Poised to become a member of Congress and maybe more, Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) considers the cost to those he loves, along with his mother's (guest star

Cristine Rose) advice and Linderman's (guest star Malcolm McDowell, "Entourage," "A Clockwork Orange") prophecy. As he prepares to face Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto) to the death, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) learns of his linage from his father (guest star George Takei, "Star Trek"). While various "heroes" fatefully arrive in New York City, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Ted (Matthew John Armstrong) attempt to leave the city before the foretold explosion. H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) and Matt (Greg Grunberg) learn the surprising truth behind the tracking system used on people with special abilities. Clea DuVall, Justin Evans, James Kyson Lee, Missy Peregrym, Eric Roberts, Rena Sofer, Adair Tishler and Jackson Wurth guest-star.

1.23 – May 21 - "How To Stop an Exploding Man"

HEROES RISE AND FALL IN THE SHOCKING SEASON FINALE WRITTEN BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/CREATOR TIM KRING AND DIRECTED BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ALLAN ARKUSH -- With Isaac's (Santiago Cabera) horrible predictions all unfolding before them, the everyday people with extraordinary abilities face moments of pain and peril in Kirby Plaza with unflinching heroism, as "Heroes" first volume comes to a close -- and the next surprisingly begins. Clea DuVall, Lisa Lackey, James Kyson Lee, Missy Peregrym, Zachary Quinto, Richard Roundtree,

George Takei and Adair Tishler guest-star.

Am I the only person who burst into singing "Suddenly Seamore" when Sylar's mom opened the door?

But seriously, seeing her kind of makes some things fall into place. The psychology of a relationship with Mom (or dad for that matter) can be very telling. Feelings of inadequacy teemed with the "my little prince" treatment. Mom's like that should be slapped.

Ok well maybe she didn't deserve to be stabbed, but the snow globe thing was much deserved.

I had to keep patting Seggie and telling him "It's okay. You don't have to flip out and murder people just because your mom has unreasonable expectations."

And I cried a little when Claire saw her dad. They both looked so happy to see each other.

Archived