DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Princess HD

Sunrise Lord

I, for one, am super excited for this!  TP is my fav Zelda game, with WW second.  Fangirl aside, the HD version really doesn't seem all that different.  The graphics are much more clear, and don't have the "fuzzy" quality of the original, but that's all I noticed.  I am looking forward to seeing the Light Spirits in HD, though.

Thoughts?

my favourite is probably the first game, then  ocarina of time and majoras mask are about equal in second.  twilight princess didnt impress me much, it was pretty much just another ocarina of time, wasnt really anything new in game mechanics and the environments all seemed washed out in an unappealing way, think they wanted the palette to be more realistic but not even real life looks that grayed. i didnt like much of the character designs too much either, it basically had some of the quirky stylisations that ocarina of time/majojras mask used but  i had assumed they had done that in those older games because of the limitations of the graphics and would have expected them to use more realistic designs with better graphics which they did for some of the characters but others they didnt and that stands out in an off-way. the other games i had played before then also had pretty iconic music but twilight princess didnt really have any that stood out that wasnt basically something reused from an earlier game. i still enjoyed it though as it was nostalgic of ocarina of time and it of course had some new gimmicks for the temples/dungeons. the wolf mechanic was ok but underwhelming, they could have done a lot more with that.

i'm reading that the hd  version will only be for wii u so i wouldn't be able to actually play it. i do not think i will purchase any of the latest generation of consoles, least not until several years and they have dropped done a lot in price, as if the end of the ps3/xbox 360/wii generation says anything, they are coming up with more and more gimmicky, frustrating money-grabbing crap instead of letting it be as easy as buying a game, playing it, and that pretty much being the complete version of the game and i imagine the new ones are even more of that. moreover the wii was a crap system and though the wii u is supposedly better somehow, the library of games it has doesnt look much different from the wii's immature and nostalgia-rehashing crap so i probably wont ever get it which is too bad because i use to prefer nintendo to other systems.

i know there is a collection with it on there for gamecube which if you have a wii you could of course play it on - i use to have it but i dont know where it went. i dont know if the wii u  comes with backwards compatibaility so cant say whether you could play it on there too. i have the 64 cartridge though so i can still play it that way. 

Archived