DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi, everyone!

Elmindreda13

Nice to meet all of you. I am fairly new to the Wheel of Time series. I just started book 5 (Fires of Heaven), and I have loved the entire series so far. I look forward to gaining new insight from all of you guys. As my first post, I would like to ask who is your favorite character or which book is your favorite? Try not to spoil anything though!

I look forward to your responses! :)

Hey ! :biggrin:

Welcome to DM !!!!

Well, I have to confess that I didn't like the series. My favorite book is probably the first one as it convinced me to go forward in my reading. Fav character is Lan :)

I liked his dedication and sense of duty.

What about you ?

I personally love Egwene and Nynaeve. I think they are really powerful characters. Min is another favorite. I also really like Loial and Perrin. I love how there are so many different story lines in each book (my favorite book is still probably Eye of the World, but Shadow Rising was pretty intriguing). I love the cliff-hanger endings the books have as well.

True, to have different storylines in a book makes it more interesting ! So, even if you like a character a bit less, you know that you'll have soon a chapter with a character you like more :biggrin:

How does your books cover look like ?

I am always curious about the art work in different countries lol

book 1 looks like this for me :

EotWUK.jpg

Welcome to DM!

Come visit our social groups and hang out!

I'm in... basically all of the social groups... but I'd say my main ones are the Band of the Red Hand, the White Tower and the Black Tower.

I am from Belgium :biggrin:

Yes, you should definitely come to the social groups ! We have there many topics of conversation / games / activities that are spoiler - free !!!

They all have their own themes and activities, so I suggest you to have a look in each of them. :biggrin:

There's usually a sign in thread where you have to post if you want to join and a thread where the topics and themes are explained. In each group, you can go through a path that will allow you to progress and gain "ranks" through different tasks, events, activities, aso ^^

Hi Min, welcome to Dragonmount.

I'm fairly new myself (just joined one week before you, in fact), and guess what? I myself am almost at a similar place in the series as you. I'm currently reading The Shadow Rising, which should be done soon.

Since I have read only three books in the series, favorite book till now was The Great Hunt.

Overall favorite (non-WoT) is Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

Favorite WoT character till now is Mat, of course :D

And @Chaelca

I have the same cover!

Archived