DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Date, Marry, and Kill...errr... Consules....

Emperor

Guest Emperor

Is this weird?

You know that game popularized by The Howard Stern Show, "Date, Marry or Kill," where you decide which of three women you would date, which you would marry and which you would kill?

1) Date the Wii. Iit's got a lot of tricks; it's flashy; it's adorable, but is there enough substance to warrant a lifelong committment? We think not. The Wii is more of a party girl. Great when you have drunken friends over, but when it's quiet time with just you and the Wii, you feel a little funny, waving your arms around fighting for its attention. It's impossible to have quiet time with the Wii. You feel like a fool trying to hang out with it and drink some Camomile tea on a Sunday afternoon.

2) Marry the 360. It's just solid. A lot of games. A lot of online. Nothing it's ever done has brought us the joy of Wii Sports, but it's like an old pair of socks: Comfy. In the mood for some Joust? No problem. The 360 is there for you, even in nostalgic moods. Plus, it listens to us. Really listens. I think because of the built-in headset.

3) Kill the PS3: I'm sorry, as much as I dig the new PlayStation 3, something has to go. The PlayStation 3 just doesn't seem interested in our needs. As impressed as we are with the thing's raw power, we haven't seen the games to wow us, and we're afraid that dwindling sales in the future will result in fewer titles, which will result in lower sales, etc.

How about you? What's your lineup?

1) Date the Wii. Iit's got a lot of tricks; it's flashy; it's adorable, but is there enough substance to warrant a lifelong committment? We think not. The Wii is more of a party girl. Great when you have drunken friends over, but when it's quiet time with just you and the Wii, you feel a little funny, waving your arms around fighting for its attention. It's impossible to have quiet time with the Wii. You feel like a fool trying to hang out with it and drink some Camomile tea on a Sunday afternoon.

I'll bet you still haven't played one. :P :lol:

I'll take that as a "no" then. :P

A good game should draw you in so that your mind is on the game, not on the controls. I think the Wii's naturalistic way of controlling your character actually lends more to allowing you "get lost in the game" rather than having your mind on what button combination you will need next. :)

So to answer the question proberly, I doubt I would feel any discomfort at all playing on the Wii, unless it was from being tired from not being in good enough shape... another plus for the Wii, IMO, giving people something aerobic to do that's fun.

Guest Emperor

I am old and grew up with joy sticks and a controller. This new numchuck reminds me of that hand thing nintendo tried to sell me in the 80's.

Guest Segurant

I thought it was agreed to never mention the Power Glove!

I've seen a few games and tried out the Wii at Gamestop but the 360 is my favorite. I also like PC gaming but 360 is the one for me.

• 2 weeks later...

hahahahah, that pic made my night.

hahahahahahahahaha

btw ill be buying a ps3 in the summer for GTA4.

Emp I think you'll be more impressed with the PS3 in a couple of months. As far as I can recall, when the xbox 360 came out there weren't many titles worth playing at all either.

I haven't played the Wii yet but it looks pretty cool. If i had any money and a job right now, i'd definately buy it just so I could play zelda (since the ocarina of time was probably the greatest game ive ever played).

once again...that pic of the old man made my day...kaznen's response helped make it too.

Archived