DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fighting is no good (attn: Fior)

Matalina

Sasha was practicing with a practice lathe. It wasn't her primary weapon but she needed more work with it than she did the quarterstaff. It was always helpful to practice what you didn't know well, besides it was helpful with her footwork as well, she was glad she wasn't following over her own feet anymore. That had been quite embarassing.

Sasha went through the basic forms - Leopard in the Tree to Unfolding the Fan into Lion on the Hill and then back into Folding the Fan. Sasha was having a hard time getting the lathe out of it's sheath and back into it. She was sure she looked like a fool doing the same opening and closing forms over and over again, but she was tired of getting tripped up on the sheath.

One embarassing tug sent the lathe flying behind her. Sasha turned to see it smack another trainee in the head. Sasha closed her eyes and hoped it was all a dream...

Sasha

I can't believe I overslept! Fior fumed, infuriated with himself, as he hurried through the yards to where he was supposed to meet Cairma for his training today. I knew I should have never taken that nap after this morning's training. He wondered what Cairma had in store for him this late in the day as he dodged around another trainee. He was hopping a fence to cut through one of the trainee rings when suddenly the world was spinning and all he could see were stars.

But it's not night yet... he thought as he struggled to comprehend what had happened. Looking up from the ground where he had tumbled, he realized he was on the other side of the fence that he had been trying to jump. Flushing with embarrasment he wondered how he could have possibly fallen.

The cause of his tumble became abundantly clear as he pulled himself up. Seeing the lathe on the ground and the flushed-faced girl several paces off he quickly put together what had happened. Hopping back over the fence he picked up the lathe and headed towards the rapidly reddening trainee.

"I believe you dropped this. Lucky for me it wasn't a real blade. If you're not more careful they might decide women shouldn't be allowed to train here anymore." He said, thrusting the lathe back to her a little more harshly than he had intended. He started to open his mouth to apologize but was cut off...

Fior Canain, Trainee

Ooc: if this doesn't work talk to me and I'll edit.

*edited to maintain consistency... plus I liked the night time training idea ;)*

OOC: Works for me lol

Sasha was about to appologize for hitting him in the head with her lathe on accident but he quipped about women in the yards. Sasha was not about to let this little boy speak about women like that. He shoved her lathe back in her hand and Sasha shoved it back at him.

She was fuming with anger and her words were sharp and had nothing to do with anything at all but she wanted to be mean and hurt him. "And you should go back to your whore of a mama and find out your daddy's a drunken sailor. My cousin could best you far better than most men here so shut your mouth about women."

Sasha jerked her lathe from the boy's hand and turned around. She had her forms to get back to.

Sasha

OOC: *Grins*

Maybe it was because he was already angry about oversleeping, maybe it was how hard he had been pushing himself to get better, or maybe it was the throbbing at the back of his head, but for whatever reason, when this impudent brat mouthed off about his mother Fior simply snapped.

Red tinged the edges of his vision as she turned her back to him and it was all he could do to keep himself from lashing out physically against her. But she was a woman and he wouldn't throw the first strike. Instead he grabbed the lathe again, just above the hilt, and used it to spin her back towards him and stepped in so that his right foot was between hers to catch her legs should she try to move without him wanting her to. Leaning in so that she had no choice but to look up at him he said in a calm voice that was belied by the fire raging in his eyes. "I don't know who your darkfriend lover of a cousin is, nor do I care, but if you're going to swing a bloody lathe at someone's head, not bother to apologize, and then insult his flaming family, you little wool-headed twit, then you'd bloody well be ready for the consequences! Now apologize!" Drawing ragged breaths Fior realized that he had been yelling and that a crowd was beginning to gather around the two of them. Burn them he thought, not caring who saw. He was pissed.

Fior Canain, Trainee

It was more than Sasha could handle and despite her desire to just go back to her training, his insults were far more powerful than her desire. Sasha knew she couldn't move but she had other options. She raised her knee to his groin and watched him double over in pain.

She grinned happily at the encounter but knew that it wasn't going to end well, someone was going to end up in the infirmary, and it was probably going to be her. Having a moment's reprieve Sasha turned around and ran towards the barracks. She didn't want to stick around and pay for the consequences of hitting a man, no a boy, in places that were sacred to them.

Sasha hardly made it to the barracks door before someone grabbed her arm...

Sasha

She caught him off guard with that knee. Doubling over he dropped the lathe and took several deep breaths. Fortunately he had been able to close his legs at the last second and soften the blow... but even a graze there was more than any man wanted. As the water cleared from his eyes Fior saw the little git running for the barracks. Oh no you don't. Taking off after her, he still wasn't sure what he was going to do. All he wanted was an apology from the wench, but the sudden shock and several deep breaths had helped to cool his temper... some.

She was fast, but he was faster. Catching up to her as as she opened the door to the barracks he whipped her around to face him. Grabbing her other arm he picked her up with ease and pushed her against the wall, making certain that she wouldn't be able to get the momentum to kick him again. This time he managed to control his voice as he spoke.

"What is your problem? All I did was make a joke and you go off about my family? You little wench! Why can't you just admit that you overreacted and apologize?"

The fire threatened to spark in his eyes again as he waited for her response...

Fior Canain, Trainee

Sasha didn't really hear his words she was more concerned about what to do about the situation. She didn't like being pinned to a wall unable to move. It reminder her of too many tales of women being raped in the alley ways in the slum districts of the city. Vile vile men who would take the innocence from a girl. It was hard not to picture herself as one of them this very moment, but this was just a boy, a kid who thought he made a funny joke.

Sasha squirmed against him. "You make jokes to people you don't know how stupid is that. You have no idea what way people will take things and yet you joke." Sasha wasn't about to apologize now, he was being a jerk first, she would have in the beginning but not now. But Sasha wanted out of the situation she wanted to go back to what she was doing in her minds eye she was panicing and had no where else to turn. She leaned in the best she could and kissed him softly on the lips. Her first kiss and it was bestowed upon a boy she didn't even like. But she hoped it would be enough to let her go so she could get away.

Sasha

Her words made no sense to him. He always made jokes to lighten a tense mood. She clearly hadn't understood that he had no problem with women training in the yard, in fact he happily welcomed it. Light, my mentor and my roommate are BOTH women! he thought in exasperation. Then she did the last thing he was expecting her to do. She kissed him.

It was his first kiss and, for a few seconds he had no idea what to do. He was still angry with the light blasted girl, but this was just plain confusing. Pulling his head back he let his arms drop so that her feet touched the ground, but he maintained a loose but firm grip on her arms. Fior looked down on her, his dark green eyes draining of the fire they had once held and fumbled for a simple question. "w-why?"

Fior

Guest Arie Ronshor

"That is a very good Question to which I would love an answer!"

The two cultrits turned to see Cairma standing there with her arms crossed across her chest. Her voice controlled an cold. When she had returned from the Yards to take Fior on a trip to the Grove for some basic night time training (as a surprise), she came to find them not only yelling at eachother but now the girl had kissed him. Whether it was to subdue or not was what she wanted an answer to. No trainee of hers was to EVER pick on anouther Trainee. Especially a female.

"Out with it. I have not got all day." Her foot tapped impatiently on the floor even though her voice spoke much of her control.

Realizing how this must look to her, Fior knew that he was in for it now. Dropping his arms he turned to face his mentor. The fire raging in her eyes matched the fire that had burned in his mere moments before. Taking a deep breath he decided that there was only need for one of them to get in trouble...

"It's my fault Cairma. I lost my temper momentarily. I over-reacted to something she said and wanted an apology that I now see is not needed. I swear to you that I did not hurt her, nor had any intention to." He said, shifting his legs awkwardly to postion himself in a manner that was somewhat less... uncomfortable for him now that his adrenaline was wearing off and the true pain was beginning to set in."I see now that I was in the wrong, and will gladly accept any punishment you see fit." Turning to Sasha he added, "I hope you can forgive me."

Fior Canain

Trainee and Roommate to Sahra

Sasha moved away from the boy and found that his sudden change in behavior mildly amusing, though Sasha refrained from smiling because she knew to respect the Tower Guard and Warders on the yard, she'd learned that the hard way with Aran.

Sasha wasn't going to be subservint like the boy was though, but she did answer the question. "He wouldn't let me go, it was the only thing I could think of doing."

Sasha didn't want to appologize and she wasn't going to for the words, "But I am sorry I hit you with the lathe, and if you hadn't made your so called joke I would have said so in the beginning." Sasha turned to the Tower Guard and gave a bow, "It's not all his fault, I was careless in my practicing and he got the blunt end of the stick so to speak."

Sasha

Guest Arie Ronshor

Cairma took a moment to pause as she listened to their excuses. Feeble, it did not excuse thier behaviour. She was also far too familiar with tempers that run amuck. She eyed them both and looked at the little girl. Sasha? Frowning to herself she realized that she was getting more and more familiar with the Trainees, and most of their stary eyes unnerved her. She never expected to be looked up at by the younger generation.

"Whatever induced a fight is no excuse to act on it. Mouthing off eachother and making a joke at anouthers expense.." She looked carefully at Fiors eyes as they were cast down. "Especially when you know you are of a greater advantage of the other. Fior, I'm disapointed. I know your mother brought you up better then that." She looked to Sasha. "And you, Sasha?" The girl nodded, "When a mistake, however small, is made, Apologize. Admitting your wrong will go a lot farther than meeting someone on the wrong foot. I'm inclined to send both of you to Mistress Ginae, but I would rather not. However this will not go unpunished. I think that it is only fair that the two of you come up, together, some suitable penance. You have 5 minutes." She waited for a responce as the two trainees exchanged looks. They were obviously not happy about it. Good.

Cairma Vishnu

Oh great, now she had to work with the brat of a boy. She sighed and looked at him, a penance sucked but what team building activity would be considered a suitable penance. She hated chores to death and hated having to do extra laps so what was left, not much that would be considered penance.

She looked at her now partner in crime and wondered what he'd hate doing. "Only thing I can think of is to assist the Kitchen folk with the large cleaning tasks or the blacksmiths in the armory with cleaning their stores. What do you say?" Sasha was not looking forward to anything but she wanted suitable penance and she didn't feel anything less would work with out getting an additional sentence for being too lienient, and Sasha didn't want to go to the Mistress of Trainees.

Sasha

Fior shook his head when the girl spoke up. He had been trying to let her get out of this. He had rapidly begun to realize that what he had told Cairma was at least partially true and couldn't fathom why the git would actually seek out punishment.Blast it! and now he had to work with her.

Hearing her suggestions of working in the armory and the kitchens, Fior quickly decided that he didn't want to be cooped up inside for the remainder of the afternoon, Or however long Cairma'll have us out here for, he thought with a touch of bitterness. But no, he had brought this on himself, and he would find a punishment that he could stand. Sweeping his eyes around the yard, he saw the fence that he had tripped over. It's uppermost horizontal was significantly marred and had a great chunk taken out of it. On a gamble Fior decided to suggest it. "It looks like some of the yard fences could use mending. Perhaps we should do that?"

Fior

Guest Arie Ronshor

If the moment would have allowed it, she woudl have smiled at Fiors suggestion. it was quite possible that he was reading her mind. It had been a long while since the fences were mended properly. And since the yard had very little to do with the kitchens as that was the place of a Novice, She approved of the suggestion.

"I can conceed that that is fitting. I never found the kitchens to be of any good for those that have too much time on their hands to argue and pick fights. Starting tomorrow you two will start on the south side and work your way north for two weeks starting at first light until you must go to your lessons. Of which you will report bck after to complete until the end meal." She looked to Sasha, "You will inform your own mentor of this and see that he gives you the proper time availability to make attendance."

Looking back and forth between the two of them. "I will here no more arguements between the two of you." Realizing the hour she added. "You are dismissed for the noon meal. Fior, you may continue in the yard to work on your forms. I have matters to deal with today and I trust that you can behave yourself for one afternoon."

Getting a confirmation of thier agreement she nodded her head after one last look, and then left.

Cairma Vishnu

TG

• 2 weeks later...

Sasha was not happy about the chore they'd been assigned. She had no clue how to fix a fence so she only hoped that Fior would know something.

They both walked over to where Cairma told them to start and Sasha sighed waiting for him to start but when he didn't she spoke calmly but with a little bit of irritation showing in her voice, she hadn't yet mastered the ability to cover up her emotions, and she wondered if she ever would. "I don't know what to do, you'll have to show me."

Sasha was not opposed to manual labor at least not now anyway, she would never have done such a thing at home, there were servants for that. But this was her new life, something that she'd wanted so she had to take the bad with the good. Sasha wondered if there would be any good with it.

Sasha

OOC: Sorry last week was a Really bad week for me to be online.

OOC: Don't worry about it. I'm sorry I haven't posted on this sooner.

Fior set down the bag he had been carrying as he and Sasha reached the fence they were supposed to start on. He bristled a little at her statement, but shrugged it off. They had two weeks together, and it wouldn't do to be starting more fights. Pulling out a few tools he began to explain to her the way a fence was put together, how to clean them properly and test for strength, rot, and several other things he had picked up in his youth.

"At least we don't have to paint them." he said with a chuckle as the two of them set to work. Sahsa didn't reply and, after several minutes of working in silence he tried once more to start a conversation. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry for the other day. I really did overreact, and that joke wasn't exactly appropriate. I was just in a bad mood from being late and.. no, no excuses." Shrugging to himself he kneeled and began mending a broken portion of the post. "Anyway, I'm sorry."

Fior Canain

Embarrassed

Sasha smiled at the apology. "I'm sorry I hit you on the head with my lathe." She still wasn't going to apologize for her comment but she was sorry to have hit him cause that was what caused the whole problem to begin with. Sasha giggled. "But if I hadn't I'd never have kissed you." It was a joke, but it came out as flirting, she hoped he didn't take it the wrong way.

Sasha finished putting up the rail they'd been working on. It was really a team effort, mostly because the rails were heavier than Sasha could manage alone. She was sure she was hindering the operation but it was helping her build her muscle or so Lyv had told her anyway.

They still had a long way to go to finish the fences. It was growing dark and nearing their final meal. "I think we should finish up here then go eat. I'd hate to have to put these things away in the stables while it was dark." Sasha shuttered. She hated the stables where the tools were kept, they were smelly and fully of rats. She hated them with a passion and was thankful never to work in them, at least not yet. She'd never have figured she'd be fixing fences either.

Sasha

But if I hadn't I'd never have kissed you. Fior laughed at that. "Hmm, I must say, I never thought my first kiss would be to a woman who had tried to castrate me a few moment earlier." He said thoughtfully. "But I can't say I'm terribly dissapointed either." Shrugging at her, he winked garishly and attempted to conjure up the most endearing grin he could muster.

They maintained a light banter throughout the rest of the day and, as the shadows grew long, Sasha suggested stopping. He nodded at her suggestion and offered to meet her in the mess hall in a few minutes. Trotting back to the stables he dropped off the tools and began making his way back. As he passed the fences they had already seen to, he stopped for a moment and surveyed their handy work. Despite it all, he couldn't help but smile. Perhaps the next two weeks wouldn't be as wretched as he had thought. Maybe if he worked hard enough he'd even be able to win Sasha over and make a new friend out of all of this. Turning towards the raucous sounds of the final meal with a lighter spirit, he headed on, marveling at how the Wheel could spin good out of anything.

Fior Canain

Naive