DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

American Idol 2007

Guest Wynne Jessal

You guys don't know what your taking about. The Canadain Idols are soooo much better than the American ones, well except Ryan Malcom. He sucks. There is only 1 American Idol that I enjoy listening to and that's Kelly. The others area all garbage. 3 of the 4 Canadian Idols are all really good at what they do, but none of them ever make it down in the States.

Hello, Celine Dion is Canadian. She's rich now.

I have to say I like the Canadian Idol more. I would rather listen to Kalan Porter, Melissa O'Neil, or Eva Avila than I would Reuben Studard, Fantasia, or Taylor Hicks. They're just better, and not just becasue thay're Canadian. If they were Americans, I would think they were good. If the American winners were Canadian, I still wouldn't like them much. It's just the person, their voice, and what style of music their voice is suited to.

:lol: Celine Dion-never liked her. She is talented though...

Kalan Porter, Melissa O'Neil, or Eva Avila -never heard of any of them

Reuben Studard, Fantasia, or Taylor Hicks- All I have to say is.... hahahahahahahahhahahaha

I only watch the show for it's comedic value. I think that it's all rigged from the start. anyone in their right minds knows that Daughtry is 10 times the musician and singer that Hicks is. The only way I knew that Hicks had a cd out is that I heard a Weird-Al spoof of one of his songs..

The show is definately geared towards pop singers rather than any other genre. But hey that's what sells, so who can blame 'em?

I agree that Daughtry should have won. Taylor sucks.

Of course you've never heard of the Canadian Idols. Americans don't usually pay attention to us.

*goes off to plot evil and destruction while they're not looking*

Comparing the winners of American Idol and Canadian Idol is silly. Most of the time the winners are not even the really talented singers. It all comes down to a popularity contest in the finals.

Now, if you want to compare the most talented singers from the 2 shows thats cool. If you did this I think you'd realize that the American singers are more talented.

As a side note...that judge on the canadian show who wants to be like simon from american idol should shut it down for ever.

*goes off to plot evil and destruction while they're not looking*

ROFL (see bold portion for why that was so funny)

Weird Al Yankovic Canadian Idiot Lyrics

Alt title: Canadian Idiot (Parody of "American Idiot")

Don't want to be a Canadian idiot

Dont want to be some beer swillin' hockey nut

and do I look like some frost bitten hosehead

I never learned my alphabet from A

to Zed

They all live on donuts and moose meat

and they leave the house without packin' heat

never even bring their guns to the mall

and you know what else is too funny

their stupid monopoly money

can't take 'em seriously at all

Well maple syrup and snow's what they export

they treat curling just like it's a real sport

they think their silly accent is so cute

can't understand a thing they're talking aboot

sure they got their national health care

cheaper meds low crime rates and clean air

then again well they got celine dion

eat their weight in kraft macaroni

and dream of driving a zamboni

all over saskatchewan

Don't want to be a Canadian idiot

Won't figure out the temperature in Celcius

see the map they're hovering right over us

tell you the truth it makes me kinda nervous

always hear the same kind of story

break their nose and they'll just say sorry

tell me what kind of freaks are that polite

It's gotta mean they're all up to something

so quick before they see it coming

time for a pre-emptive strike

ROTFLOL! I love that song!!! I have it, and lots of his other songs.

Zack? I don't see him as trying to be Simon. Yes, he is more negative than the others, but not nearly as bad as Simon.

Often, I find that the person who can sing the best is usually voted off soon on the show, like Mandisa on American Idol season 5. Mainly because thay don't have "the look".

• 2 weeks later...

So I just finished watching the semi's and I wasn't too impressed with the guys performances. I mean there were one or two that were real good, the beat box guy and the bald guy at the end. The girls on the other hand, stepped it up a notch. Compared to the 2 for the guys, id say there were about 6 quality performances. With all that being said, LaKisha Jones is easily the best singer on this show. Like Simon said, shes in a different league.

Archived