DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Letters Home (Solo RP)

Kira walked calmly through the White Tower, wearing her new Accepted dress and Great Serpent ring with pride. She passed several girls who she had met as a novice on the way to her quarters . All congratulated her. She had only been raised moments before.

Kira made her way to her room and pulled out a leather bound journal. The journal contained letters she had written to her parents for the last 10 years. She never sent them. Kt was just a way for her to remember Ebou Dar. Smiling , Kira opened to an empty page.

Moments before being taken to the Arches, Kira had written a letter telling her parents that she felt she was ready to be raised. Kira knew she had to write about this. She pulled out her pen and began to write:

Mother and Father,

As soon as I finished my last letter to you. I was taken to take my test to become Accepted. I passed! It is not customary to share what I went through in the test, so I will not share, but I know you will both be proud off me.

Kira stopped a moment and chewed on the end of her pen nervously. Something did not seem right. Kira felt a sense of uneasiness as she continued to write.

I hope all is well at the Inn. I miss you both.

Your loving daughter,

Kira

• 5 weeks later...

It had been sometime since Kira had written in her journal.  Something didn't feel right about it, but Kira had some things that she felt she had to say to her parents, so reluctantly, she pulled the leather bound book from her shelf and began to write.

Mother and Father,

Hope all is well in Ebou Dar.  Things are proceeding much as they have before.  I have lessons and am growing in the power more everyday.  As I am now Accepted, I have begun thinking more and more about the Ajahs.  Eventually, I will have to join an Ajah, but I'm not sure which.  In this letter, I will write the reasons why I think I should join certain ones rather than others - maybe I can narrow them down.

The Blue Ajah - concerned with justice.  I find justice to be something that attracts me a lot.  This might be perhaps one that I could join.

The Brown Ajah - they like books, history, and studying.  I do not - probably not a good home for me.

The Gray Ajah - they are diplomatic.  They often spend their time resolving issues.  I don't think I'd fit well here - my fiery temper (which I have learned to control quite well thanks to Rasheta Sedai's lessons) would get in the way.

The Green Ajah - the Battle Ajah.  They are preparing themselves for the Last Battle.  With training, I might consider joining their ranks.

The Red Ajah - sworn to seek out male channelers and gentle them.  Perhaps it would work for me...perhaps not - I will keep considering this one.

The White Ajah - the logical ones.  My emotions often guide my actions - I don't always think logically.

The Yellow Ajah - the healers.  I have little skill in healing and little interest in it as well.

In conclusion - my most likely choices are the Blue, the Green, or perhaps the Red.  I still have time to think of this.

Wish you all the best,

Kira

Sleep eluded Kira. Something was on her mind and she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. There was a sense of unease that she couldn't shake since she had been raised to Accepted. Unable to sleep, Kira moved to her desk and pulled out her journal and began to write.

Mother and Father,

Ever since I was raised to Accepted, I have felt a growing sense of unease. I don't know what is causing it. I'm just concerned. Perhaps I should talk with the Mistress of Novices or a full Aes Sedai, but I wouldn't know how to approach it. I don't know what is bothering me.

It could be I'm just tired right now. I'm currently having trouble sleeping and with my studies, I'm feeling rather burnt out.

As always, I hope all is well in Ebou Dar and that business is good at the Inn

Your loving daughter,

Kira

Kira slowly closed the book and set her pen down. Kira looked up towards the ceiling and yawned. The sense of unease was still inside of her, but she felt better just writing her thoughts out. Kira extinguished her light and moved to her bed. She closed her eyes in another attempt to find sleep.

Mother and Father,

It is essential that I figure out why I am feeling uneasy.  The unease has affected my sleep which has affected my studies.  The Aes Sedai comment on it.  I yawn in my lessons which gets me glares at the least - usually the punishment is more severe.  I'm not concentrating well.  Holding Saidar hasn't been so difficult since before I got over my anger issues.  The rub of the matter is I cannot figure out what is causing it.  As I write this letter, I'm once again trying to find sleep.  Maybe tomorrow, I will be able to think clearly enough to get through this.

Kira paused in her writing to yawn.

I'm so tired all of the time.  I'm sure if I can figure out what it going on, I'll be able to sleep and things will work out for the better.  Tomorrow I might meet with a full Aes Sedai to discuss my issues.  I almost feel ill, but I've been checked for disease and I'm fine.

Other than that, life in the White Tower continues as it has pretty much for the last decade.  I have more freedoms as an Accepted, but I still have chores to do.  As Accepted, I'm allowed to go into Tar Valon and I did so today.  Seeing all the people reminded me of Ebou Dar.  I haven't been outside of the Tower much since I arrived.

As always, I hope all is well at the Inn.

Your loving daughter,

Kira

Kira closed the book and stretched, yawning once more.  She put away her pen and turned out the light before crawling into bed.  She closed her eyes and slept fitfully through the night.

Kira trudged into her room, shoulders slumped.  Her day had felt longer than it had been.  The lack of sleep was definitely taking it's toll.  She rubbed her eyes as she entered and went straight to her desk.  She knew that trying to sleep would be futile and she might as well write another letter to her parents instead of even trying to go to bed.  She stretched in her chair and yawned before pulling out the journal and her pen.  She opened to a clean page, dipped her pen in ink, and began to write.

Mother and Father,

Once more, I'm finding I'm too tired to do a decent job in my lessons.  If only I could figure out what is wrong.  I spoke with the Aes Sedai today.  She said that I need to rethink any changes in my life and search myself for the answers.  I really feel like I don't know where to start, so I'll start by recounting my life here at the Tower.  I arrived ten years ago, full of hope and fiery emotion.  My temper got me in trouble a lot, but I soon learned to control my emotions.  Now I can channel it in better ways.  I've gotten better at embracing Saidar and channeling.  My novicehood I would say was rather normal.  Recently, I was raised to Accepted.  With the raising, I gained more responsibilities and my studies became more difficult.  This i perhaps the reason why I'm having trouble sleeping.  No, as I think about it, it's more about what is bothering me.  What in the Light is causing this sense of unease?

Kira paused and sat back in her chair, chewing on the back of her pen in comtemplation.  Kira let her mind wander.  She thought of everything that had changed since she had become Accepted.  She backtracked the uneasy feeling to her becoming Accepted.  Kira took a moment to recall her Arches.  As she thought about it, the memories came back as vivid as they had been before.  Suddenly, a knowing light flashed into her eyes as the pen dropped from her hand and landed on the floor.

"No way!" thought Kira. "It can't be that simple!"

The memories came flooding through Kira's mind and she place her head in her hands to keep from feeling nauseated from the suddeness of it.  Vividly, Kira saw the image of her Father, coughing up blood and her mother trying to convince Kira to heal him.  It seemed just as real as it had in the Arch, allow Kira knew there was no danger in the memory.

The sound of the memory seemed to have vanished; all she saw was the images until one moment.  Kira had turned to see the arch and spoke to her mother.  Kira heard the words clearly.

"No mother.  I can't stay. You need to...we need to let him go."

The memory moved quickly forward to where the Amyrlin was pouring water over Kira's head.  Kira mouthed the litany as she heard the Amyrlin say it in her head.

"You are washed clean of Kira Tuvunenia of Ebou Dar.  You are washed clean of all the ties that bind you to the world.  You come to us washed clean in heart and soul.  You are Kira Tuvunenia, Accepted of the White Tower."

Kira felt as if a weight had suddenly been removed from her shoulders.  The cause of her unease was now apparent to her.  Even though the ceremony was completed, she was not fully Accepted in her own heart.  She still held onto the outside world, particularly to her parents.

"I need to let go." Kira said aloud, her own voice causing her to jump.

She turned from her desk and stared at the fire in the fireplace.  She felt its warmth and closed her eyes to think.  Her eyes opened with new resolve as Kira picked up the journal and tossed it into the flames.  She watched the journal burn and she knew that this night, she would sleep.  Sighing, she began to speak.

"I'm washed clean of Kira Tuvunenia of Ebou Dar.  I am Kira Tuvunenia, Accepted of the White Tower!"