DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sorta New

Lavaliar

Hi, I was here for a bit 2011-2012 but got distracted by "stuff" (life) and lost my password etc., so I've rejoined with a new screen name. (I was 'Malveth' back then.)

I read EOTW in 1990, and while I enjoyed it, I did not continue with the series. One of my nephews got into the books and kept recommending them to me - he knows my tastes and kept insisting that WOT wasn't a "typical fantasy". I finally re-read EOTW out of curiosity in 2011. I was blown away by how good it was and decided to complete the whole series. I am halfway through TGH now and am really beginning to appreciate the depth of Jordan's gifts. Chapter 22 of TGH is my favorite so far! I've been putting myself through school, which has been eating up most of my time, but I'm nearing the end - once that's over with, I have a goal of reading whatever is left of WOT in 12 months. I got hold of a pre-release copy of MOL for my nephew & peeked at the end: I didn't spoil anything for myself, but I found what I was looking for and it definitely inspired me to read the whole saga!

I am a writer myself and my first novel is coming out this spring.

Anyway, that's me!

YOU LOOKED AT THE END!? O.O

Er I mean .... hi! XD Welcome (back) to dm :tongue:

I honestly couldn't resist. It's a huge reading ptoject, I just needed to know that a certain character makes it to the end :)

It's strange to be coming into this post-theory-era, since it seems that theories about the ending were what fueled WOT fandom for such a long time.

Archived