DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL Leather-bound Edition Status?

Megan Burgess

I pre-ordered the leather bound edition of A Memory of Light back in early November. I just got an email from Barnes and Noble saying that my order was canceled. I called them and asked why and they said that apparently the publisher hasn't updated their information as to when they can expect delivery in their warehouses of the item. So they automatically canceled it. I went ahead and checked the books page on Bn.com and lo and behold there is no longer an option to purchase the leather bound version. I'm starting to freak out a bit... anyone have news on this? :(

I just checked their web site using my confirmation number, ordered at the start of October but in store, and my pre-order and it is still in their system. I suppose it is possible that they took too many orders and exceeded their allotted number of copies then were forced to cancel some of the later sales. The one big issue I have with what they told you is the fact they said that TOR, the publisher, hadn't updated some information which was the cause of the cancelation. That sounds a bit like a cover-up since all the information appears to be in their system on my order page and the only thing that looks like a maybe is the ship date.

Either way I am sorry to hear this since I know how upsetting it would be to get that notice only weeks away from the release. If I were you I would probably call the bookstore back and ask if they could put your name and contact information in to be put on a wait list in case orders open back up, it is unlikely but would probably be your best bet other than waiting and seeing if any copies pop up on reseller sites, though those would likely be extreemly marked up in price since the book is a limited print, numbered and signed leatherbound edition made for collectors.

Archived