DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Legend of Conan

Rufae

Yup, a new Conan the Barbarian movie is in the works for release in 2014. It will star The Arnold as Conan once again.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/10/arnold-schwarzenegger-will-return-as-conan-the-barbarian

schwarzenegger-grace-jones-conan.jpg

"...the report revealed that this film will take up with Conan as he was at the end of the first Schwarzenegger Conan film, “on the throne as a seasoned warrior. It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.” The film will ignore the second Schwarzenegger film, as well as last year’s Conan reboot starring Jason Momoa."

I sure hope they don't make him into a Nordic king looking forward to Valhalla. Conan isn't a Viking.

• Community Administrator

Uhh.. I don't recall there being a Valhalla in Howards lore, let alone in Cimeria.. I know theres House of Crom, atop the so called mountain. (but that might only be in the game Age of Conan, and not actually in the books)

They curse and praise crom in the same breath..

.. These guys (guys = the ones directing it.) need to actually read some of Howards work before spouting that crap! lol. Conan = Pre-Ice Age! :wink:

Archived