DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello, hello

msa

I'm generally pretty terrible at these types of things, but I guess that comes from lurking more on forums than actually posting. Where to start?

I've been into the series off and on since the mid-late '90s. I don't remember exactly when, but I came across the big paperback edition of The Eye of the World at a used book store, and since I've been into fantasy since I can remember it was right up my alley. I managed to pick up a few of the books in the series as the years went by, but never managed to get enough of them to progress very far and I can't stand reading things out of order.

Yeah, I've got a bad habit of getting into series with a ton of books. Though, since I read really damned fast it's not that bad..just irritating at times.

About two years ago I started getting my (very) unorganized collection of books together, and my friend asked to borrow my old copy of Eye, since he'd heard of the series but hadn't had the chance to read any of them yet. He wound up getting into WoT, and I lent him the books he was missing as he got deeper into the series, and wound up giving me a new copy of EotW to replace the old one - which had fallen apart sometime in the process. Then he gave me The Gathering Storm for my birthday in August '11.

At least now I know who to blame for this. I couldn't just let it sit there, right?

Over the last year or so I've had to catch up on the series just to read TGS, only to get Towers of Midnight for my birthday this year. Fortunately by that point I was just finishing up Knife of Dreams, and wound up tearing through the last two books in no time flat.

Now I just have to sit here waiting with everyone else for A Memory of Light.

Hello msa! Welcome to DM! Which book has been your favorite so far?

Please let me know if I can help you get acquainted with DM. It is a big and confusing place, but there's sooo much to do, from book discussions to social groups and even playing characters from WoT in the RP section. :)

Hello msa! Welcome to DM! Which book has been your favorite so far?

Please let me know if I can help you get acquainted with DM. It is a big and confusing place, but there's sooo much to do, from book discussions to social groups and even playing characters from WoT in the RP section. :)

That's a pretty hard choice, really. All of the first five or so have some really, really good moments. If I had to pick, it'd be The Great Hunt, with The Dragon Reborn and Lord of Chaos somewhere after that. I might give the RP section a look - I used to be pretty big into RP, but haven't done so in a long time.

Hello msa, welcome! If you're looking for some fun with other WoT fans, head on over to the Social Groups. Each one has a different dynamic, usually based on the nature of the group in WoT.

I'll be sure to give it a look, thanks!

Archived