DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello, but also I have something I'm not sure where to put it in the forum

Guest Dalton325

Guest Dalton325

Hey everyone

I thought I had an account on here, but they say no, so I started a new one. So hello.

The other thing I got going on is that I'm doing a re-read of WOT in prep for AMOL. Being a tech nerd as well as book nerd. I felt I need to create a program. So using google docs, I created three charts on a page. The first, green, chart lists all the books in the series, how many pages and chapters each book has, and the total number of pages and chapters for the series. The second, blue, chart lists the books again and shows how many pages I've read of each book and how many I have left to go before I get to the last book. I added a third, salmon, chart that lists how many months till the new book comes out, how many days in each month, and how many total days till release.

Using that information I also got it to display how many pages and chapters I have to read a day to finish by the time the new book comes out. I have everything set up automatically with formulas so that the only thing you'd have to do is input the pages and chapters you've read in a particular book. If you've already read past the first book, just look at the green chart and add the max pages and chapters for each book before the one you're own and you're set. Also, I realized that depending on your book formate (eg. hardback, paperback, ebook, etc...) you're page count may be different. All you have to do is look at the book you're reading and put the last page number in the green chart. The chapters should be accurate, but I did get these numbers off the net, so they may have messed up, not included the prologues or something. This thing could also be easily changed for any book series or re-reads of the entire series later as long as you don't break the formulas.

To use it, you'd only have to take your current email, go to google docs, and add a password to get started. Then you could get a copy of this template and start using it. I would upload it as a template, but I don't really want my email stuck beside it for anyone to get. If anyone is interested in this, let me know and would you be willing to upload the template under your email? Also, let me know if there is a more appropriate place in the forum to post this. I don't know if anyone would want it, but I think it's cool to be able to see this kind of info.

Welcome to DM!

I would really want that template. It would make rereading more easier. And I don't want to be stuck for weeks with rereading complete and aMoL still to be released.

Do I have to give my email for that?

Archived